Dr. Carrie Sylvester MD Patient Reviews

1.8

• Good
  • Bad

October 29th, 2015
As other clients have mentioned, she does do a lot of talking and I felt I wasn't being listened to.

September 17th, 2010
She talks WAY more than she listens!
I wouldn't recommend Dr. Sylvester if she was the last psychiatrist on earth. As the other reviewer noted, Dr. Sylvester rambles on about her problems with staff, the computer, how busy she is, her upcoming surgery, her family visits, etc. She seemed very distracted and disorganized. The most upsetting thing was when she undermined my parental authority regarding specific rules in our home. When I tried to convey to her how serious and dangerous our situation was at home in regards to my son's illness/instability, she all but ignored me and asked my son (more like, cajoled) if he could behave better and control himself more at home. She gave him a "behavior chart" more appropriate for a child half his age. Even though I had brought her copies of previous medical records (6 weeks prior), she had not looked at them and was dismissive and unapologetic. I truly feel that her lack of professionalism borders on incompetence and she is a malpractice case waiting to happen.

June 17th, 2010
Wrapped up in herself
She spends most of the time talking about her problems with the computer system, or working late, or people who email her after 4:30 and think they are going to get a response, books she has read, etc. Never directly addressed my son. Called him "the kiddo" and called me "mom." Doesn't respond to phone calls from our social worker or me. I find this is so irresponsible when she is prescribing meds with significant side effects.

November 13th, 2008
Spend too much time talking about herself and her life stories rather than focusing on my son.

March 10th, 2017