Dr. Carroll Cooper MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 14th, 2014
incorrect profling
I would never recommend dr. cooper. My experience was horrible he spent no more than 5 minutes with me no examination, no test, no conversation, but cut my pain meds almost to nothing. I will be making a formal complaint against him for violating my rights as a pain patient with extensive records re my severe injuries . I have already requested the forms. I read all the reviews. It seems he picks and chooses which patient to spend time with and which patient he has good bedside manners with........office staff was just as unprofessional.

December 16th, 2013
Worst experience ever
Don't waste your time or money. This Dr. Carroll Cooper is unbelievably arrogant and ineffective. He treats patients like complete idiots who should not be involved in their own care and don't know the first thing about their own bodies and experiences and pain and problems. Man was he arrogant and condescending. I still can't get over how bad my visit was. After a 2-hour wait he spent only a few minutes with me. I got zero help. And his staff is pretty rude too. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Stay away.

December 4th, 2013
Knows what he is doing
great bedside manner. staff explained that because pain medication can be easily abused it is necessary to test frequently. He made sure my medication regimen was optimized for me. The staff is great. Be ware of some who have nothing but negatives to say. I have heard of people getting upset with pain doctors because they did not get the medication they wanted. This could be because they are addicted to medication or illegal drugs. I know of some people who sell their prescription on the street and then take cocaine or other illegal drugs for their "pain management". I think that his test can pick up drugs other than those prescribed and that might be why he test so much. I have seen stories on the new about docs abusing prescriptions. Any way Dr. Cooper is a good doctor and knows what he is doing.

November 1st, 2013
Dr. Carroll Cooper is a complete quack.
You'll be making a mistake and wasting your time and money if you go see this guy. Expect the worst, most demoralizing experience in a medical office ever. This guy's ego is too big to fit in the tiny hot exam room with the patient. Expect to wait up to TWO HOURS (with no apology) to spend less all of four minutes with this jerk, while his defensive assistant makes up ways to blame YOU for the long wait. And then you will get NOTHING from this "doctor" but an egregious "don't let the door hit your rear-end on the way out" attitude. How do people like this get to treat people? I'm sending a long letter to my insurance recommending he be removed as provider.

October 30th, 2013
Egocentric rude jerk with no bedside manner
Don't waste your time or money. This guy does NOT listen to the patient or work with the patient. He's too busy spending the patient's time talking about how all other doctors in the world are stupid (except for him) and HE is the only one who knows what he is doing. But then he doesn't do anything for you. If you have chronic pain, he tells you to go see a psychiatrist, then he walks out with his head held high, looking down his nose at you. And this is after a long hour and forty-five minute wait. The rude staff is like adding insult to injury.

October 8th, 2013
Better off anywhere else
First off, stay away or refuse to talk to anyone but amber and amy. God help you if you wind up with Daniel. The staff excluding the two above are incredibly rude and make sure that your experience is the worst possible one. I am new to the pain management arena and have never seen a doctors office ran with such inefficiency and complete lack of concern for the patient. Did I mentioned ask for anyone else but Daniel? The wait time is well over 1.5 hours ( I gave them a third chance due to how difficult it is to find new doctors). Dr cooper Sosa not listen to you and doesn't even write anything down. Maybe he has an awesome memory, but considering I had to explain everything to him again a mere month later doesn't suggest this ( and he still didn't write anything down)

August 1st, 2013
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Cooper is kind, smart, and effective in treating my pain. I like that he has treatments other than medications. If you only want pain meds, you will not like him, but if you are open to other treatments, you will love him.

May 22nd, 2013
Stay Away
I agree with everything that stay away wrote. He has done the same thing to me. In addition, he comes in the office acts like everything is staying the same and then leaves the office manager to explain when he changes something. He's the doctor and can't even speak to his patient about changes himself, how ridiculous.

July 26th, 2012
Dr. Cooper is the best doctor out there in my opinion. He spent at least 20min with me and explained in detail why I was having back pain. He showed me the x-ray and pointed out exactly where my pain was coming from. I've never had a pain doctor read over the x-ray with me. I think he's a "peoples" person and I actually feel better just from his bright since of humor. And the breathing test showed me I had a heart problem, which my family doctor couldn't discover. Dr. Cooper told me he does test like this because I see him more than my family doctor, which is true. If you want a doctor that's going to really help try to relieve your pain and not just push medication on you, I would highly recommend Dr. Cooper.

April 26th, 2012
STAY AWAY
Stay away from this doctor. I have seen him about 6 times. First couple of times he was caring and seemed to be genuinely concerned for my health. However after that it was all downhill. He would make me take repeated "breathing" tests which he would bill my insurance for. How the heck does breathing affect my low back pain?? In addition he would give me a drug test every visit, again a way to jack up my bills. I understand every once in awhile but every visit showed me his interest was in getting as much money out of me as possible. In addition he charged me $500 for a tens unit. Really?? Lastly, he failed to know the latest treatment options that are widely practiced in the industry. Another money hungry doctor who simply is underqualified and does not care

August 26th, 2015