Dr. Carter Beck MD Patient Reviews

4.8

• Good
  • Bad

January 25th, 2017
Dr, Beck did a good job on my back that has been bad for many years. He had all the time in the world for me on my 6wk. post op' meeting and explained all that he did via the X-rays. An Excellent surgeon.

January 24th, 2017
I have had surgery with Dr. Beck twice and feel he is a good Dr. with great knowledge. He helped me when no one else was willing to as well. I had a multi level fusion as well as a sacrum SI fusion later. I had been in a lot of pain for 40 years and feel he is the one that will help me. I am still in recovery so time will tell.I am very grateful to have found him for help.I also loved the nurses and staff at Providence hospital. Wonderful experience and care.

January 23rd, 2017
Amazing Surgeon
Performed bi-level ACDF which eleviated shoulder and arm pain immediately. Traveled 500mi the following day home with no collar. Amazing how fast the medical technology has changed after having same surgery 15yrs prior which required 4day hospital stay and collar for 9mo.

November 28th, 2016
I would like to thank Dr.Beck his nurses, and staff at the St Patrick's hospital for the care that was given me during and after my surgery. I had pain for 10 years I had to live with, thanks to doctor Beck I am finally pain free and more movement in my neck then I had for quite awhile. I would highly recommend Doctor Becks for surgery

November 17th, 2016
Had surgery seven weeks ago. Back yesterday for a check-up. Pain is gone. Excellent surgeon.

October 19th, 2016
my dad
my dad is awesome

July 17th, 2016
Spinal Fusion L3-l5
I am 9 weeks post op spinal fusion surgery. So far I am not satisified with the results; I still have pain. When I went in for my post op I was suppose to meet with a lady and she was not there. I was pushed through the system, getting everything signed because my surgery was scheduled in a couple of weeks. I stayed one night in the hospital and was never given any occupational therapy, had no idea what to do when I got home, except no lifting, bending or twisting, no one was required to be at home with me, I was made to think I could do everything myself. I am still in pain and when I was in his office I asked for more pain meds, and how to wean off, he said I could figure it out. Also, does not seem like he is concerned about any kind of physical therapy after this type of surgery, just walk, nothing else. I am still in hope that I will recover from this surgery because it is still early in my recovery, but Dr. Beck does not seem to be concerned with my pain comfort in order to get there. I am an active person and I cerrtainly would like to be able to do things without being in pain with a little extra help. No, not sure I would recommend Dr. Beck, but I may change my mind because it's still early in the process.

April 9th, 2016
Very poor bedside manner arrogant

January 3rd, 2016
I have never had such a good experience with a doctor. From the office to his medical staff And the hospital staff the experience was amazing!

September 23rd, 2015
This man gave me back my life. Thanks Doc!

January 29th, 2015
I appreciated Dr. Beck's care and skills

October 28th, 2014
excellent doctor A++++++
Dr Beck is very good. He performed a microdiscectomy on me. After seeing my referred MRI from my family doctor, My first visit and exam was all that he needed to see. I was relieved that he didn't want to prolong it with PT and drugs. After much research on the Internet, I had gut feeling that it was inevitable. Unfortunately for me I was injured in the workplace and after four months of fighting work comp and excruciating pain that was managed by him and my family practitioner I was picked up by my private insurance. His staff went to bat for me and did everything that they could to rectify the work comp issues. As soon as I was approved by insurance they got me in to see him and I was scheduled for surgery, he was very empathetic for my wait. The day of my surgery was my time to talk to hospital staff, I couldn't believe the utmost respect and confidence that every one of them had for him. That in itself was a very reassuring for me. I didn't get to see him after the surgery . He made it a point to go over details and aftercare with my wife and family. Which is far more important to me. For a 52 year old man who was living a life as a 85 year old for four months, I Couldn't hardly keep the tears back. I left the hospital with out any pain or numbness in my leg or side. I was walking upright with no limp, in better shape than when I went in. Two days later I have pain in the area of surgery, ( after all I did have a section of spine removed ) Witch was managed well by him and hospital staff. Dr Beck also treated me three years ago for a couple of fractured vertebrae after a week in the hospital I was prepared for spinal fusion three different times. After two more MRIS and some careful evaluation by him he was able to keep me from going through spinal fusion. He was in no way in a hury to perform surgery. The interesting thing was that his bill to me was just at 500$. Dr Beck was the attending neurosurgeon for my brother in law who spent nearly a week in a coma after a near death motorcycle wreck. After a year he is living a normal life. I have a friend that had to have brain surgery by him as well. She was very pleased by him. He has helped her through some very difficult times. Dr Beck is the only doctor I know that meets his patients in the waiting room and escorts them in. Dr Beck is the first doctor to personally return my calls and talk to me when I had questions about my pain and help me decide how treat it. Dr Beck is the only doctor I would trust with family and friends lives. Missoula and St pat's is very fortunate to have him here. My heart felt thanks to him and his team for giving me my life back. Tom