Dr. Carter Beck MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

November 28th, 2016
I would like to thank Dr.Beck his nurses, and staff at the St Patrick's hospital for the care that was given me during and after my surgery. I had pain for 10 years I had to live with, thanks to doctor Beck I am finally pain free and more movement in my neck then I had for quite awhile. I would highly recommend Doctor Becks for surgery

November 17th, 2016
Had surgery seven weeks ago. Back yesterday for a check-up. Pain is gone. Excellent surgeon.

October 19th, 2016
my dad
my dad is awesome

July 17th, 2016
Spinal Fusion L3-l5
I am 9 weeks post op spinal fusion surgery. So far I am not satisified with the results; I still have pain. When I went in for my post op I was suppose to meet with a lady and she was not there. I was pushed through the system, getting everything signed because my surgery was scheduled in a couple of weeks. I stayed one night in the hospital and was never given any occupational therapy, had no idea what to do when I got home, except no lifting, bending or twisting, no one was required to be at home with me, I was made to think I could do everything myself. I am still in pain and when I was in his office I asked for more pain meds, and how to wean off, he said I could figure it out. Also, does not seem like he is concerned about any kind of physical therapy after this type of surgery, just walk, nothing else. I am still in hope that I will recover from this surgery because it is still early in my recovery, but Dr. Beck does not seem to be concerned with my pain comfort in order to get there. I am an active person and I cerrtainly would like to be able to do things without being in pain with a little extra help. No, not sure I would recommend Dr. Beck, but I may change my mind because it's still early in the process.

April 9th, 2016
Very poor bedside manner arrogant

January 3rd, 2016
I have never had such a good experience with a doctor. From the office to his medical staff And the hospital staff the experience was amazing!

September 23rd, 2015
This man gave me back my life. Thanks Doc!

January 29th, 2015
I appreciated Dr. Beck's care and skills

October 28th, 2014
excellent doctor A++++++
Dr Beck is very good. He performed a microdiscectomy on me. After seeing my referred MRI from my family doctor, My first visit and exam was all that he needed to see. I was relieved that he didn't want to prolong it with PT and drugs. After much research on the Internet, I had gut feeling that it was inevitable. Unfortunately for me I was injured in the workplace and after four months of fighting work comp and excruciating pain that was managed by him and my family practitioner I was picked up by my private insurance. His staff went to bat for me and did everything that they could to rectify the work comp issues. As soon as I was approved by insurance they got me in to see him and I was scheduled for surgery, he was very empathetic for my wait. The day of my surgery was my time to talk to hospital staff, I couldn't believe the utmost respect and confidence that every one of them had for him. That in itself was a very reassuring for me. I didn't get to see him after the surgery . He made it a point to go over details and aftercare with my wife and family. Which is far more important to me. For a 52 year old man who was living a life as a 85 year old for four months, I Couldn't hardly keep the tears back. I left the hospital with out any pain or numbness in my leg or side. I was walking upright with no limp, in better shape than when I went in. Two days later I have pain in the area of surgery, ( after all I did have a section of spine removed ) Witch was managed well by him and hospital staff. Dr Beck also treated me three years ago for a couple of fractured vertebrae after a week in the hospital I was prepared for spinal fusion three different times. After two more MRIS and some careful evaluation by him he was able to keep me from going through spinal fusion. He was in no way in a hury to perform surgery. The interesting thing was that his bill to me was just at 500$. Dr Beck was the attending neurosurgeon for my brother in law who spent nearly a week in a coma after a near death motorcycle wreck. After a year he is living a normal life. I have a friend that had to have brain surgery by him as well. She was very pleased by him. He has helped her through some very difficult times. Dr Beck is the only doctor I know that meets his patients in the waiting room and escorts them in. Dr Beck is the first doctor to personally return my calls and talk to me when I had questions about my pain and help me decide how treat it. Dr Beck is the only doctor I would trust with family and friends lives. Missoula and St pat's is very fortunate to have him here. My heart felt thanks to him and his team for giving me my life back. Tom

August 25th, 2014
Cervical fusion & discectomy
Carter Beck is absolutely awesome! I suffered years of excruciating back pain due to herniated discs and a misaligned spine. For five years I'd taken quarterly epidural injections which not only weakened my immune system, they were hit and miss as far as pain relief and very short lived. When I went to Carter Beck in 2012 my quality of life wasn't good - everything hurt and I did nothing but work and sleep. He performed a fusion and discectomy on C3-C7-pretty big surgery. I awoke from surgery feeling pain-free, able to get out of bed on my own, and was released from the hospital less than 24-hrs of my admittance. In the beginning, despite Carter Beck's confidence in being able to relieve me of my pain, I was terrified to have the surgery because my spouse had had a similar (smaller scale) surgery (different Dr.) with poor results. My recovery was super quick and I'm so thankful to him for giving me back my life! Definitely my hero and I'd recommend him to anyone.

July 21st, 2014
In 2009, I had disc replacement in my neck. Dr, Beck was very professional, patient and informative. I felt very comfortable with the advise he offered and after the surgery, had total relief of pain I had prior to the surgery. It has had long term success thus far. I have had plenty of opportunity to refer him to others and will continue to do so.

February 20th, 2014
The best at what he does
Dr Beck took the time to talk to my family and I about my condition. He answered all my questions took the fear out of having spinal surgery. I would suggest him to anyone in need of a doctor in his field.