A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carter Slappey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carter Slappey is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Slappey
Knee Replacement Patient Education Read our knee replacement patient education guide and learn all about surgery and replacement options.Before Visiting Dr. Slappey Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carter Slappey, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Slappey graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Slappey has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Brookwood Medical Center
- Shelby Baptist Emergency Department
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Carter Slappey MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Carter Slappey practice?
- Dr. Carter Slappey has 2 office locations.
Dr. Carter Slappey practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Pell City, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Birmingham, AL.
See Pell City Surgeons.