A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Cary Akins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Cary Akins is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Cary Akins, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 24 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Intraoperative Complications
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Akins graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Akins has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Mt Auburn Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Cary W Akins MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 40 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Cary W. Akins practice?
- Dr. Cary Akins has 4 office locations.
Dr. Cary Akins practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Cambridge, MA and Worcester, MA.
See Boston Cardiothoracic Surgeons.