A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Cary Akins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Cary Akins is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Akins
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Akins Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Cary Akins, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 24 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Intraoperative Complications
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Akins graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Akins has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Mt Auburn Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Cary W Akins MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 42 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Cary W. Akins practice?
- Dr. Cary Akins has 1 office location.
Dr. Cary Akins practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Cardiothoracic Surgeons.