Dr. Cary Marquis MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Springfield, MO

3.4

June 1st, 2016
never made it to the doctor was 5 min late after 2 hour drive. disabled vet I was referred by the VA because he was the closest specialty doctor. civil ears cant hear what I have to say about the staff, they said I was 20 min late I should have been there 15 prior to apt so doctor refused to see me.

December 17th, 2015
They don't come finer
This is the best doctor in town. Hands down. No one else can touch him in his skill and his compassion and the time he spends with his patients. He also beautifully fixes the problem you come in with!

June 23rd, 2015
haven't had followup yet. Only 1 visit so far.

May 7th, 2014
College Student
Not sure I received a correct diagnosis. Given no hope of living a life without severe pain. Then, will not give me any medicine to manage my severe, life altering pain because I'm too young.

February 24th, 2014
Bipolar Patient
Why are these doctors suddenly adding psychiatry to their lists? I need a highly trained Psychiatrist who can do therapy and complex psychopharmacology. Mental illness is not a casual thing! This doctor deals with bones and aches and pains. I would not take a chance on trusting him with psychiatric treatment.

July 26th, 2013
Ms.
I was sent to Dr. Marquis to get an accurate diagnosis with issues I had going on. He is very experienced in his profession. Through tests he ordered and some he conducted himself, he was able to determine issues I had going on. He not only diagnosed issues within his practice, through a test he ordered it was discovered I was suffering from a chronic illness my primary care hadn't thought to test for. He is very upfront, honest and not afraid to admit when he doesn't know something. He will not second guess or make a diagnosis without supported testing results. Suzzanne, his head nurse should also be complimented on her compassion for patients being treated by this doctor. I have had many doctors in my life, and Dr. Marquis is one of the top 2 I have had.

April 28th, 2013
Long term paitent with Dr Marguis, of the 10 Stars rating
My Most memorial experience had to do with a severely broken bone. It was a dangerous break that stood to possibly affect many other smaller bones in my back. Dr. Marquis sat with his elbows on his knees and leaned forward smiling as always, to emphasis each word that he told me. He instructed me as to what I could and couldn't do during the long recovery with small funny bits for emphasis. Mostly, I was lay on my back period. limits were placed on other activities He told me I would be going for an MRI that would be shared with my Neurosurgeon, He would find the most experienced surgeon for my type of surgery, He made a point of making sure I stayed in touch with the office. He really wanted to hear about my day to day recovery process so he could judge where I was in recovery. Plus, I truly feel he did care about me and my recovery. I wasn't just a chart number, With Dr. Marquis, I know I'm a real person and I feel like a friend., that's a great feeling.

August 10th, 2012
A very good doctor for bone and joint pain
Dr. Marquis has given me several steroid injections for my chronic back pain, and I do get better every time. My goal is to be able to continue to do my work, and I am able to do it by keeping my pain in control. He is a very good doctor, very personable. Yes, he calls me "sweetie" but everyone has their term of endearment and I guess this is his. It hasn't offended me in the least, and I don't look at it as unprofessional. He is very friendly and doesn't act stressed or in a hurry to get rid of me. He is genuine and listens to my complaints and treats me effectively. I will continue to use Dr. Marquis for my bone and joint issues.

March 5th, 2012
Nice, friendly and down to earth
I saw Dr. Marquis for a shoulder injury and the visit went very quickly. I needed and received x rays very quickly and I was able to see the results in minutes. The practice was fast friendly and efficient. I've never gotten in and out of a place so easily and quickly.

June 20th, 2011
Lacks professionalism
I see that someone else didn't like being addressed as "sweetie" during her visit, I sure didn't! Likewise, I found Dr. Marquis to lack professionalism in the manner in which he talked with me. Cannot recommend him and definitely would not go back to that office.

March 30th, 2011
Less than professional demeanor
Dr. Marquis called me "sweetie" a number of times during the visit and also interacted with me in manner that was less than professional. He may be very good at what he does, but his lack of professionalism was somewhat concerning.

January 25th, 2011
Great Doctor!
Dr marquis was very good. He diagnosed me with peronal nerve damage, and did everything he could to help me get better. He was great!