Dr. Caryn Fine MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 21st, 2016
You can count on her to be thorough, highly thought of by her colleagues, and is genuinely interested in communicating with her patients. She is the gastroenterologist I always ask for when I need to have a procedure or regular appointment.

January 25th, 2011
not respectful; doesn't listen
I do not recommend Dr. Fine, despite her presence on the best doctor's list in M/STP magazine. She is a strange mixture of not listening, telling you your opinion doesn't matter and over-explaining and talking down to you. She doesn't respect a patient who is knowledgable about their condition.

March 25th, 2009
Worst Doctor Ever
In May of 2000, I was diagnosed with an acute case of Ulcerative Colitis in the state of Georgia. I moved to Minnesota, where I saw Dr. Fine of Minnesota Gastroenterology. She ordered a full colonoscopy and confirmed the diagnosis. She went on maternity leave and I didn't see her again until 2009, where only 7 years later she is ordering another colonoscopy, stating that she needs to see which condition she's trating.Due to cost and the fact that I'm not due for another colonoscopy for 3 years, I refuse to submit to the procedure. This is the doctor who said it would be 10 years after the initial procedure that I would be due for another.She is refusing to refill a prednisone prescription and I am continuing to expell blood in larger amounts every day since my prescription ran out.She indicates that the colonoscopy is required to see what condition is being treated, when she diagnosed it already and refuses to further explain. With her refusal to explain comes my ultimate refusal to submit to this costly procedure 3 years in advance.I'll be looking into a more formal method of complaint.