Pediatricians

4007 James Casey St
Ste D200
Austin, TX 78745
512-447-5588
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Twenty  |  show details
by Betty G. on Oct 3rd, 2013

Our family has been with Dr. Mulcihy's practice for twenty plus years and all the children I've taken to him just adore their "dr.casey"! True he does have a sometimes dry sense of humor but, when you get to know him he is very charming and caring! Sometimes we do have to wait, but that's just the way it goes. They are always willing to work you in on the spur of the moment, and his staff are always very kind and courteous! Some people just like to be the center of attraction and monopolize all his time with needless details, forgetting that there is an office full of patients to be seen! I would recommend Dr. Mulcihy to anyone who needs a good pediatrician!! (*V^)

|  Rude, condescending and uncaring!  |  show details
by Sarah on May 24th, 2013

I've lived in TX now for about 8 months and have yet to find a decent pediatrician and this one was by far the Worst! First, the staff was nice. The toys were very exciting to my son but then as I sat to wait I noticed all of the toys appeared browned from filth. Talking to other waiting persons they all had appointments but ones with "real" insurance went in Long before we did. We waited an hour. There are signs posted everywhere about no food or drinks or cell phones. The walls and floors all look dirty beyond belief! They have NO certified nurses on staff. The lady that checked my son later brought him a pedialite popsicle which was nice of her, Then we waited for Dr, Mulcihy, As he walked in he didn't great us or introduce himself... he stopped and starred at my sons popsicle. He asked condicedingly if my son were thirsty. I was confused then he proceeded to inform me at he hit the sign on the wall that there was to be No drink or food. I laughed uncomfortably and told him the nice lady gave him that popsicle and I obviously didnt bring it in my purse over an hour ago. He looked confused. He then proceeded to to randomly inform me that Tricare insurance doesnt pay as well as medicare and that should switch if I cant afford "real" insurance! He checked my son and as he was checking his tummy then polled down his underwear with no professional warning to myself then he made a off hand joke about the ocoee river in reference to the size of my sons testicles then mashed on them. We had a wonderful pediatrician in TN. A professional doctor that cared more about the person than payment. It breaks my heart to know that Tricare or medicare patients re sent to such deplorable offices!

|  HORRIBLE EXPERIANCE  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

I will never take either of my children to this doctor again. My daughter has had two visits. The first visit went ok but the second visit they had us waiting an hour and a half. Finally when I asked what was going on I was told they didnt have any room available for my daughter to be seen in. Then they sent us for labs and I was told they would call me with results that afternoon. They never called I finally called them to find out the results and I was told the dr would have to call me himself. I waited another day and called again. Finally the dr returned my call and said labs were fine. Then i noticed my daughter wasnt having her bowel movements. I called the office and left a message. Nobody called back. I called again they told me the dr would call me and again nobody called back I called again and the receptionist was incredibly rude. She had no understanding for my concern about my daughters health. She said I needed to just find a new physician and they would send me a termination letter and that they have NO NURSES ON STAFF at their doctors office to answer my medical questions!!! What a horrible experiance. I feel like we werent taken care of and my daughters health was of little concern to the office staff. I recommend that nobody see this dr. Find somebody else!!!!

Feb 7th, 2011

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO DR. MULCIHY!!!!! He was so rude it was unreal.

|  Extremley rude and condesending  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2010

we've been with this Doctor for almost 2 yrs in the beginning he was nice an informative an since my insurance company only had certain Dr.s we were stuck with nearest option. But my job took a turn for the worse an i was forced to go into medicaid, his office excepted medicaid but once on medicaid i saw true colors of that office..we went from being seen immediately once we arrived to been OVERBOOKED an sit an wait outside for more the 30 min. Talking with other parents they also explained to me that they had the same time appt as mine! That's total BS!! well after waiting 40 min we went inside an he spent a total of 3 min with us! checked chest and said he has a mild cold walked out! I was like you son of a Bitc* i walked outside with him an asked for some detailed explanation he turned an said well its all medical terms i don't think you'll understand, an then walked away! Never in my life have i experienced such demeaning person! so i said OK fine walked out an waited for a school excuse for my son, the person in front of me showed the private insurance card an sat down, as the office finished with the excuse slip they called in the person that was just in front of me...The lady didn't even have a chance to get comfortable in her chair before they called her! I asked the girl an she said those are medicaid's rules plus he only gets paid a SMALL fraction of the cost vs the private insurance...so if he see's more medicaid patients per hour he can recuperate his actual cost...Man that sucks for people that are down on their luck....I'm changing Doctors TODAY!!! if he favors $$$ over his patients i rather not take a chance!

Aug 12th, 2009

My son has been w/ Dr. Mulcihy for about 7 years now. I've always gotten a weird vibe from him, but I (at the time) thought he was pretty decent. Anything was better than the previous doctor my son went to. I am a single mother to an 11 year old, and I feel like Dr. Mulcihy is a little condescending. He makes me feel stupid every time we have to see him. Our last visit was the other day (my son has asthma, and it hits him hard a couple times a year, or if he's around cats)and he tells me (after examining him) my sons lungs are DAMAGED. A more professional doctor would have referred us to a specialist or inquired about getting his chest x-rayed at this point. He also talks really fast and low, I always have a hard time understanding him. My son's about to get off the current health insurance, so I asked Dr. Mucihy if he takes medicaid, he said he does and asked why he was being taken off, blah blah blah, then proceeds to tell me that medicaid is not good for kids with the types of disease/illness my son has. NOT TRUE! Needless to say, we will not be seeing this doctor again because I am tired him making me feel stupid after every visit.

Jul 28th, 2008 on yahoo.com

he is a horrible doctor! i have a 1 yr old and he also treats me like i am stupid. To me if your going to be a pediatric doctor you need to be nicer and gain the babies trust. he is not a good doctor at all, i would recommend to research doctors and meet

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Jul 20th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I have gone to him for a year b/c with our insurance we don't have many choices. I don't find him very helpful, sometimes he treats me like I'm stupid. I am a first time mom and would like someone to take time and answer questions and he doesn't do that.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com