Pediatricians
11030 Golf Links Dr N
Ste 100
Charlotte, NC 28277
704-384-1166
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Stay away from Dr Brockman!!!!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2014

Dr. Brockman appears to be very sweet & knowledgeable but is actually a very arrogant & mean person. When questioned about how she came up with a diagnosis for my child she became very defensive. She obviously has another side that was very close to coming out. I did not use a disrespectful or confrontational tone when asking her this question. I've heard similar stories about her but didn't believe it. Now I believe the negative reviews are true. I'm not one who will write a review but after may experience with her, I had to. Stay away from Dr. Brockman!!! Eventually you will run into her mean side if you question her. Please do not let the sweet exterior fool you. There are many other pediatricians in Charlotte who have better people skills.

|  I love her!  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2014

Dr. Brockman is a wonderful pediatrician! She is very sweet and makes you feel comfortable, She definitely knows her information and always has the best solutions to your problems. I would MOST DEFINITELY recommend her to a friend.

|  NO Diagnosis in the early stages (which could have prevented a hospital stay)  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

My child had a problem that I brought to Dr. Brockman's attention the first of the month. We later found out it was a side effect of a pretty common problem in newborns. At that time, Dr. Brockman said she wasn't worried and we trusted her. There was a simple remedy to the problem but she didn't offer simple solutions to help us to mitigate medical problems that the underlying ailment would create for us if we didn't take small steps to treat symptoms of it (treatment costing about $6.00 a month). Instead, three weeks later, the CAUSE of this same ailment and the side effect we mentioned to Dr. Brockman caused my 2 month old infant to go into respiratory distress and to be transported lightening fast to the emergency room at a local hospital. On the day he was rushed to the ER, the staff told us (after they were able to provide temporary relief to my infant over two days of observations and medical intervention that saved his life) that all we needed to do was to use the $6 treatment and (in the meantime) to go to an ear nose and throat specialist for a thorough examination to ensure there were no other problems as it pertains to the root of this ailement. The whole experience (ambulance ride, hospital stay, serious medications for the ROOT of the problem) cost us over $1000.00 and future med expenses for the prescribed medicine to combat the root of the issue will run over $200.00. Indeed, we are REALLY disappointed since our child will eventually grow out of this and it seems that we could have avoided most of the drama by taking simple steps to remedy the problem(s).My guess is that if she had made the suggestion to use the simple solution from the beginning and then set up a follow up with the ENT specialist to get additional medicine for the ROOT of the problem, this would have only cost us around 300.00 IN TOTAL to treat until he outgrew this issue (which will happen in a few months).Finally, know that I love her bedside manner, the friendliness of the staff and her personal (albeit general) interest in the well being of our child, but when you are dealing with a situation such as ours (when the symptom is disregarded and precautions are not outlined), I think she should work on taking the symptoms a bit more seriously and looking closely at the problem instead of quickly dismissing it as nothing. The last thing a parent needs is for future complications to require a hospital trip and additional (expensive) medications.

|  misdiagnosed and mistreated  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2010

18 mounth had ear infection 1st meds didnt work. so we went back dr recomended cefdin wich another sibling had reaction to. parents complained dr stood firm on meds child then broke out into red bumps. DR then said it was foot and mouth and said to stay on meds. parents denied! got new meds. benedryle wasnt helping child broke out into a massive red apple everywhere and spiked a 105.5 fever 2 days later. The ER doctors (got two opinions) said and treated for a medicinal allergy with high dosages of steroids. Rash subsided next day (couple of hours). an allegic reaction was the case it wasnt treated the right way causing it to get worse. You are the parent you do not have to fight with a dr to keep your child safe!!I am a father of 2 sets of twins and Dr brockman FAILS this test!!!!!

|  Best Dr Thus Far  |  show details
by llholmes on Aug 31st, 2008 on kudzu.com

My child has been to a few different location but none of them have moved me to continue to return until we meet Dr. Brockman about 3 months ago... I am always referring others to take their childern there, this location have some of the nicest staff I have ever seen and I LOVE the facility or I wouldnt drive about 20 to 30 minutes out to visit this location... I Vote Dr. Brockman @ Merindan # 1.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com