Dr. Catherine Bene MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Brownstown, PA

3.9

April 21st, 2017
Wonderful
Dr. Catherine Bene is an excellent doctor. She really knows her specialty. She is an amazing person and it shows in her staff and her care.,

April 21st, 2017
Excellent
She's a wonderful Doctor. I'd never let anyone else touch my eyes ! She's great !

March 30th, 2016
You Don't Find Many Good Doctors Like Catherine Bene
Dr. Catherine Bene is a rare find in today's health care environment. She is truly knowledgeable in her specialty. She provided plenty of time to answer my questions. She made sure I fully understood my eye problem and she made clear my options for treatment. Her staff were great too. I think she's great and I've recommended her to others.

March 1st, 2013
Dr Bene is very professional and caring. Be prepared to wait, but she is worth it. She is always there for you, and that is something you do not find in all or most Doctors.

November 5th, 2012
Is it your eyes that need attention - Waiting Justified
When looking for a specialist; consider your needs at the time. Time in this case is your vision. If you want something good; sometimes you have to wait. By the same token; if you have an emergent situation with your vision that needs evaluated today, not tomorrow or next month; Dr. Bene will see you!Yes sometimes the waits in the office are very long, and there maybe somethings to improve that process. But the next time you have a vision problem that needs checked now not later, and call her office; they will fit you into the schedule.So the next time you are waiting in her office or any other doctor office for a 'routine' visit, please keep in mind that the reason you are waiting is because the doctor cared enough to make sure the patient got the needed attention. Is it worth the wait? I say yes!. I have had some very long waits in her office; but I am also one that was fit into the schedule the same day attention was needed. Some will say that after the long wait their visit was very brief with Dr. Bene.Please keep in mind that Dr. Bene spends time where it is needed. She is going to answer you questions if you have any. She will be straight forward with you about your condition and your options. She will also be honest when she is uncertain of what is happening and is not afraid to say I need someone to shed some more light on this. I have had all these experiences with Dr. Bene.But I know that she is not going to use that treatment when nature can take its course and the resulting scarring is less; and when I am frustrated about the issues at hand; she takes time to explain how everything works so I understand what is going on.

August 9th, 2012
Most compassionate physician I have ever met. Very smart and caring. I would recommend her to my own family!

February 28th, 2012
Need Help
Dr. Bene needs a very qualified partner as wait times are 3-4 hrs most days. There must be some other professional she can partner with to assist with her patient load. She is always double and or possibly triple booked. Excellent at her job as far as a non-professional can determine, but needs to consider the extreme wait times of her patients and share the practice with someone additional.

January 20th, 2011
Poor bedside manner
We have not had a good experience with this doctor. She was cold, matter-of-fact and failed to offer an opinion on the progression of the eye condition. After waiting an hour and a half past the appointment time (which was made a month in advance), she offered no apology for the wait and was in a rush to leave for the day. We've had to start over again with a new opthamologist. I would not recommend her to anyone.

May 8th, 2010
A true professional
Dr. Catherine Bene is a very caring and knowlegable doctor that spends as much time as I need to understand my difficult circumstances.She has saved my vision and I owe her the world.