Dr. Catherine Foster Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Catherine Foster?

April 26th, 2011

unprofessional, callous, and possibly unethical behavior

While under Dr. Foster's care, I visited another physician who was a colleague of hers, a specialist for a chronic disease. This doctor (Dr. Foster's colleague made a serious error, and proscribed me a drug that was clearly contraindicated and completely inappropriate for my condition, and as a result I suffered a near death experience following a seizure. In the aftermath, I had aphasia (difficulty talking) and great difficulty concentrating resulting from a probable mild brain injury. As I was an academic at the time, this was a very serious and possibly career-damaging experience, and I was suffering a great deal emotionally as well, knowing that I would never fully be the same.When I visited Dr. Foster after this, I informed her of the experience, and asked her to help me find a specialist who could provide speech therapy for the difficulty I was having talking.Dr. Foster bristled and became angry and emotional on hearing that her colleague was involved, and clearly took offense to the idea that a patient could criticize a doctor. To make matters worse, she then implied out of hand that I'd had the seizure because perhaps I was an alcoholic. (Not only was I not an alcoholic, but I barely drank alcohol at all, and led an extremely healthy lifestyle, and my medical records reflected this.) She further suggested that the reason that my grandfather had died of stomach cancer was that he was an alcoholic as well (he was a quiet, bookish man who I had never observed so much as take a sip of wine).I had the quite distinct impression that she had spoken with her colleague about the possibility I might sue him for malpractice, and was fishing for a way to develop a defense by counter-attacking me with accusations of alcoholism. If this is the case, the sad reality is that I was not at all concerned with legal action, but was desperate to do whatever I could to recover as much as possible. I couldn't believe I was being mistreated so badly when I was so desperate for help. I understand that medical malpractice lawsuits are of great concern to physicians and are sometimes abused, but there are still obligations a doctor has to remain professional and ethical when a mistake is made.Whatever the case, Dr. Foster was arrogant, and out of personal anger at a criticism directed at a colleague of hers was dismissive of my serious medical condition. Her behavior was a further blow to me at a time when I was struggling to overcome a devastating event.

March 7th, 2011

What a awesome doctor

She is a awesome doctor. She is the best internal medicine doctor I have ever seen. She listens to what your concerns are and she goes through and answers all of them. She cares about you and what you are going through and suggest things to help. Calls you to make sure your ok. She is right on with diagnostics. I can't say enough about her.

August 18th, 2017