Dr. Catherine Gallo MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 22nd, 2016
The Best Neurosurgeon
I have had two surgeries performed by Dr. Gallo. She has always been straight forward, caring and courteous. She gets the job done and done correctly. I would never consider going to anyone else.

April 20th, 2016
Just Say No to Gallo
Not only did Catherine Gallo, MD make me wait until 1:10 for a 12:00 appointment, but she didn't offer an apology. When she finally decided to grace me with her presence, she came in, said she reviewed my MRI (of course she couldn't review the x-rays they forced me to take, because they took them of my right side, when my complaint is clearly on the left), and that I have a severely bulging disc and that I need surgery. She did not offer any other options. Then she said she would check if I have loss of strength (which had already been done by another doctor - I have no loss of strength), and she said that I have significant loss. I said that she pressed harder on that side, she said "no. you need surgery." Then she said she would have her assistant schedule the surgery. She didn't go over any risks, or give me an opportunity to ask any questions. Then, when I asked for the records to get a second opinion, the assessment says that she offered me other options and that she discussed the risks with me. This is a lie. Lastly, when I asked about her experience and what her success rate is, I was told that they don't keep those types of records, but that I could check with RiverBend. I am not going to RiverBend, I don't care what their success rate is, I want to know the success rate of the surgeon working on me. All in all, I have decided against having this woman operate on me. If I feel this nervous already, it can't be good. I am going for a second opinion tomorrow with a different Dr.

April 8th, 2016
AWFUL....Had to have a corrective surgery to redo what she did...she bragged about feeling my spinal cord w a scalpel and I was sent home day after surgery. There was no follow up appt...they cancelled several times...a real nightmare.

December 24th, 2015
Other than your initial visit you will never see Dr. Gallo while you're awake. Her confidence exceeded her ability to run her practice well. Her "recovery center" South Hills, was the most terrible experience of my life.

December 11th, 2015
Very disappointing
We had high hopes with going to neurospine institute but got incredibly poor customer service from 90% of the staff- from the receptionist to the dr herself. My husband had to do an electrolyte test... for what purpose we still don't know. The person performing the test said that Dr Gallo would explain all of this. We waited in the exam room for a good 30 mins. Dr Gallo spent MAYBE 5 minutes "examining" my husband & didn't ask any questions regarding back pain. She said he would need an MRI and left the room. I would not recommend this office to anyone & we will be going to OHSU for further diagnostics.

November 6th, 2015
Horrible attitude
Dr. Gallo is an arrogant, condescending cold person. She has no time to actually converse with you or explain her thoughts or options with you. I will not go back

July 3rd, 2014
sexy siren--to H-E double sticks with patient support--liar
Looks like she needs a for sale sign pasted to her butt which she flashes. Lousy care. Lies a lot. refuses proper exam. Sickening excuse for a professional. Needs zero stars on everything

March 28th, 2014
Not the surgeon for me
The staff at reception and Xray were great, got me right in. Dr. Gallo had only ordered an Xray for my neck and I put up enough fuss to get my entire back Xrayed that the staff took complete pictures. Afterwards I was taken to the exam room where the assistant came in, asked some medical background questions and took my vitals. 30 minutes later I'm still sitting in a chilly room in a gown that's too small and the lights went off. Apparently you need to move every 1/2 hour or the sensor thinks nobody is in the room. Finally 10 minutes later Dr. Gallo waltz's into the room looking like a hoochie mama (if you meet her you'll understand) and doesn't introduce herself or apologize for being late, she just tells me to hop up onto the table. She proceeded to grab a safety pin and start jabbing each finger, yes I felt it! She didn't ask me questions about a 2009 MRI that previously diagnosed neck mild stenosis but didn't mention the stenosis in my lower back once but pronounced I needed surgery on my neck. I thought she was going to get around to those questions but instead she spent the next 10 minutes of the 15 minute appointment saying you know you're really overweight, asked if I had sleep apnea, had I had a sleep study done, do I exercise, etc. and other questions that had nothing to do with what I came for. I told her I had a lapband and had already lost 85 lbs, her response was did you keep it all off? Yes, I told her and I'm still working on losing more. She finally got on my last good nerve with the weight questions and I told her to back off, that's what I had a Bariatric doctor for. She did, she walked out without saying a word as I waited another 10 minutes expecting her to come back and finish the exam for my lower back but her assistant came in and said the office would call my insurance for pre authorization of MRI for my neck. I told the assistant the doc didn't ask me about my lower back and I wanted her to take a look at the xrays. She told me Dr. Gallo would not consult with me about my lower back as she takes one issue on at a time...in other words, multiple surgeries and wasted time. 2 weeks went by and I hadn't heard from the office about the pre authorization so I called and was told it had been ok'd for a neck MRI. Again I asked why not take an MRI for the whole back and was told the doc only deals with one issue at a time. I realized her and I were not on the same page so I booked an appointment with Dr. Andrea Halliday...what a difference in professionalism and bedside manner.

August 19th, 2013
did not seem to care. did not listen or ask questions. terrible waste of time!

July 7th, 2013
LIes and incompetence
Dr Gallo spent very little time and showed very little concern for my condition either before or after her operations. My neck fusion failed- the first time 1 of three levels and the second time none fused. For the second operation she informed us of a different procedure than she performed. She consistently ran VERY late and then would strut in. Once when we asked questions about the x-ray she turned it away and turned it off. She prescribed that I use a bone stimulator that was designed for 'long bones' and I feel this, led to the self-fussion of the wrong vertibrae. Later doctors gave the oppinion that my condition was worse after what they thought was an unnecessarily complicated operation. I've now had years of additional pain. Do not trust her- run away!

May 2nd, 2013
still hurting but light at the end of the tunnel
We went to Dr. Gallo for a surgery Gallo...She was EXTREMELY RUDE and full of herself. She told me there was nothing she could do and that my condition was something I had to live with the rest of my life. She had me in tears. I then went to a totally different doctor and told me that Gallo was known for being rude and was wrong that my condition was treatable. I am scheduled for surgery in June. Thank God for REAL doctors. Please do your research before wasting your time with people who only want your money. Insurance ODS

July 2nd, 2011
no bedside manners at allb