Dr. Catherine Gerontis MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Commack, NY

no change

March 5th, 2016
My daughter has amblyopia in one eye. We went to her for a second opinion on wearing contacts in both eyes when she was 15 years old. The conclusion and recommendation was good but besides the long wait to see her in the office she came in without introducing herself and had my daughter crying in the office with her bluntness of what could go wrong if her good eye got hurt. My daughter who is a not an emotional child and rarely cries went hysterical crying and the thing that mortified me is she looked up at her while she was crying with no reaction and continued to write her notes. I was upset by her coldness and would never recommend her. My daughter was crying the whole day and asked me and my husband what is she supposed to do with the fear she instilled in my daughter that day. Now she is 17 and hasn't spoken about her situation and will not talk to me about her eyes at all. A little compassion would be nice and a friendlier disposition would make a difference.

January 12th, 2016
GREAT DOCTOR
I been taking my to kids to her for over 15years. She done eye surgey on both kids. My daughters age out Now i will have to find an adult eye doctor She is the greatest.

September 15th, 2012
In 2001.....Dr. Gerontis...found and treated our baby grandson's poststeria cataract....surgery was performed...to remove it and implant was put in place...he also suffers from nystigmus...now after wearing thick glasses for 11 years...on his last exam, by Dr Gerontis....he is doing beautifully....his stigmatisim has resolved and he is regular eyeglasses....if not for his early diagnosis he would have lost the sight in that eye.....