Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Terrible experience, difficulty getting past the secretary to schedule an appt show details Terrible experience, difficulty getting past the secretary to schedule an appt
Jan 17th, 2015

I moved from California to Florida eight years ago and was referred to Dr. Kowal. I brought her my medical records and because I had been prescribed the right medications for me, my RA (rheumatoid arthritis) was in remission aka controlled. My follow up requirements were every 6 months. Recently, it has been uncomfortable scheduling an appointment with Dr. Kowal as her receptionist is very unprofessional referring to her patients as "sweetheart" or "bad girl" and not to mention stating that it is "high season" and that the office is just as busy as a "bar or restaurant" here in Naples. I felt very neglected and I don't believe she should have compared my doctor's office to a bar or restaurant. Her receptionist is the first line of contact to my rheumatologist and quite frankly, she is not professional at all. I have been trying to schedule an appointment for the last 3 months. What kind of doctor does not want to follow up with her patients? Especially considering that rheumatoid arthritis is a progressive disease. Not only am I in pain, but I am also having a difficult time scheduling an appointment with my "so called" rheumatologist. This past November (2014), I had an x-ray of my shoulders which showed RA. I begged the secretary for an appointment as soon as possible as I was in pain, and the secretary told me the soonest appointment available was February 24, 2015. Because I was in pain, I reached out to my primary healthcare provider, which agreed to see me the same day I called. He tried to contact Dr. Kowal's office multiple times, but there was no answer and no call back. Finally, he gave me a steroid injection to relieve my pain, even though he felt it was Dr. Kowal's responsibility to do so. I called her office again a week ago to schedule an appointment and her secretary told me again that Dr. Kowal is very busy and compared her "business" to a bar or restaurant here in Naples. She proceeded by telling me that if I am in pain that I should go to the emergency department because "that is what the ER is for". I don't think that Dr. Kowal cares enough to follow up on her patients. She is not worried about the severity of the disease or the progression of it. It is a disease that has remissions and exacerbations, therefore should be followed up frequently. Her secretary has no professionalism what so ever and clearly does not understand that not only is the patient in pain and in discomfort but also has to listen to her awful remarks and attitude.

Wonderful doctor show details Wonderful doctor
by Karen Bolea on Aug 26th, 2013

Dr. Kowal is an excellent doctor. She has treated me for lupus for 6 years. She suspected I also had immune deficiency disease and sent me to an immunologist. She was correct in her suspicions. Not only is she a great diagnostician, she is very compassionate.

NOT RECOMMENDED show details NOT RECOMMENDED
Sep 18th, 2010

MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS VERY POOR. SHE WAS VERY RUDE. IF I WERE A PATIENT THAT LIKED TAKING A LOT OF PAIN MEDICATION THEN SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT. I AM NOT A PATIENT THAT ENJOYS TAKING PAIN MEDS AND TO GET ADDICTED TO THEM. SHE SAID THAT SOME PATIENTS LIKE TO FEEL BAD; THIS IS NOT MY CASE. I DON'T WANT TO BE A DRUG ADDICT! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AND WOULD NEVER GO BACK OR TAKE MY DOG TO HER!

by M.E.DeMarco on Jul 2nd, 2010

Thank you for giving so much of your time when I saw you. I felt as though I was your only patient. I just noticed two other reviews and eventhough I saw you just the one time, I could not agree with them more. You are certainly a rare jem! Wish you could give this knowledge to the many doctors out there.

Five Star Doctor!! show details Five Star Doctor!!
by S. Percival on Sep 29th, 2008

Doctor Kowal is intelligent, caring and professional. She is focused on her patient's needs and takes the time to listen and explore her patient's concerns. Each visit with Dr. Kowal is very thorough and well-planned - she doesn't miss a thing! I'm lucky to have had her as my Rhematologist for the past 4 years, and she does an excellent job treating my Fibromyalgia! Kudos to Dr. Kowal!!!

You'd be lucky to have her show details You'd be lucky to have her
Mar 7th, 2008

Dr Kowal has been my physician for 13 years. She is a diamond in the rough. Not only is she an excellent Dr. but she is one of the very few left who genuinely cares about her patients and not the dollars attached to it. She was voted by her peers on of the top 100 Drs. and if voted among her patients, there would be no doubt she would be number 1. While most Drs. put their faith in Lab tests and x-rays alone, Dr. Kowal listens to your problems allowing her to remain both objective and subjective at the same time. I feel so lucky and spoiled to have her.