Dr. Catherine Wood MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Rolling Meadows, IL

2.6

December 6th, 2016
Very Poor doctor- beware
My 85 year old mother is a patient of Dr. Wood- she was recommended by my mother's previous doctor who retired. The first thing that was off-putting about Dr. Wood was when my mother was in the hospital after heart surgery and many various doctors were seeing her. I wanted an overview of what was going on, so I called Dr. Wood who was her primary care physician. Dr. Wood seemed not to even know who my mother was and left a message for me mentioning "I think your mother is in Intensive Care"...My mother had never been in I.C so needless to say, I was startled by this statement! After several frantic phone calls and blood-turned-to-ice panic, I found out that Dr. Wood had merely mis-spoke because she had no idea what was going on. What kind of doctor does that? The second mishap was that after my mother was out of the hospital, Dr. Wood messed up her Coumadin prescription, so there was a lot of needless hassle getting that cleared up. Now, a year later, again a problem with Coumadin. The doctors who put my mother on it initially said m

July 21st, 2016
i saw her only once because she paid more attention to her computer than to me ,so i did not see her again,there's a lot more compassionate doctor around the area

April 19th, 2016
Would not recommend this Doctors office to anyone.

July 11th, 2015
test
It's been two weeks and still haven't heard. Called twice was told when we get the test we will call You. I have never waited so long for test.

January 24th, 2015
patient
poor everything very moody, more interesting in her computer thab patient care very sad!

December 20th, 2014
Too busy to Listen
Would not recommend

June 26th, 2013
Medium
I would be very fair saying it all depends of the doctor's mood. One day she can be great, another not very pleasant.

June 18th, 2013
Not impressed took 2 phone calls to get test results
Not impressed with this office or Dr. Wood. It took 2 phone calls to the office to get my test results -the office did promptly put the test results on line but I had to call twice. Also, I was told everything was "stable" but my cholesterol levels were all high (above normal). I would think that someone from the office would have at least talked to me about having high levels.

May 31st, 2013
Skip Dr. Wood if don't want a NP and do want someone who listens
I scheduled a new patient visit with Dr. Wood for a physical. I picked this office because I was looking to establish a relationship with a doctor. Upon meeting Dr. Wood she said the nurse practitioner would take my health history. I immediately said that I wasn't look for a nurse practitioner that I wanted to establish a relationship with a doctor and since this was my first visit I was hoping to "get to know Dr. Wood". Dr. Wood said that was the way health care was going and left the room. The nurse practitioner took the health history -Dr. Wood came back in -and then both people gave me a physical. As a new patient I was hoping for a doctor that would respect my feelings -but if I didn't get a choice about the nurse practitioner it's hard to believe that I would get other choices in my health care.

March 17th, 2013
Knowledgeable, Kind and Patient!
This doctor has spent more time with me than any other doctor I've been to. I have multiple diagnoses and require quite a bit of medical assistance, referrals, tests, etc. On every occasion that I've seen her, she has given me much of her time and her full attention. She is thorough, knowledgeable and she has an excellent bedside manner. I've been so happy with her over the years that I've recommended her to my husband and my mom. I highly recommend her!