Family Physicians
2700 Grant St
Ste 200
Concord, CA 94520
925-677-0500
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Dr. Owen is the best doctor!  |  show details
by Amelia Rasmussen on Mar 4th, 2014

Dr. Owen's has been my physician for 12 years; she has been the best medical advocate that anyone could want. If you need a doctor that actually communicates, then Dr. Owen's is who you want to see. She will make you feel comfortable so you can discuss any medical issue. She is thorough and diligent in her pursuit of finding the cause of your illness and finding the best way to treat the issue. She takes as long as you need to resolve any questions. (Just tell the appointment scheduler everything you want to talk about). If you call her and leave a message requesting call you, because sometimes it is a simple question that you don’t need to go into the office for, and she will actually call you back! Not something all doctors do and should. Dr. Owen’s is a true example of excellence to her profession.

|  Lyme Disease  |  show details
by Liz C. on Aug 13th, 2013

Dr. Owen did not care about my having Lyme disease showing up in my blood work. Dismissive.

|  No-nonsense works for me  |  show details
by DC on Feb 14th, 2013

It takes awhile to warm up to Dr. Owen but she really will spend time with a patient and she listens. She tells you like it is and I appreciate her dry humor. Yes, there can be long waits, which is a pain, but it seems that's just the way the US healthcare system operates. She has too many patients but she does get to the root of your health problem.

Sep 24th, 2012

Doctor is excellent and spends time asking questions and answering mine. she is overbooked.

by c schulte on Jun 29th, 2010

I have been surprised by the negative evaluations of Dr. Owen, as she has never been less than kind and considerate with me. I know that by the end of the day she's always running a bit late, but I believe that is because she tries to give each patient as much time as he or she needs.

May 6th, 2010

Well it took over two Months to schedule this appointment which can we semi-understandable as a new patient. However after filling out all of the new patiet paperwork and HIPPA forms I was left waiting in the office for almost 40 minutes. After eventually being let into the room it wa about 15 minutes of a wait (understandable again, I can't expect to be the only patient!). However once dr. Owen came in she did not really introduce herself and made me feel as if I was a hassle to her...if it was that big of a deal for her to go through the paperwork then why do it...also the additional comments I listed as to what I wanted to talk to her about was not even discussed. I'm not too sure if I will be back...

|  Not so good  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2009

Dr. Owen has a terrible bedside manner and once when I mentioned an issue I was having, she actually told me "now you see why I am always running late"...indicating that my question was a pain. I left in tears.

Jul 7th, 2009

This doctor blows off your symptoms as a small thing. I saw her 3 times over 2 years and complained of severe congestion and fatigue and continual mucus. I asked her if my nose had anything to do with it since it was fractured years ago. She said my nose was fine. I saw a different doctor today, (an ENT specialist) and he said it was a deviated septum and that I have sinus infections that have been around a long time. Also, Dr. Owen could not diagnose my heart issue I have, but when I saw my new primary care physician, she heard it and now it has been officially diagnosed as such. Given Dr. Owen's rude attitude I suspect she is intimidating to conceal the fact she is not that good at her profession. This is a very dangerous doctor to bring your kid or anyone you care about to.

|  Great Listener  |  show details
by Arlene on Jan 10th, 2009

Dr. Owen is very professional and comprehensive in providing care. She is well rounded as well