Dr. Catherine Pitt MD Patient Reviews

2.9

no change

April 12th, 2017
Disappointed
I have been a patient of Dr.Pitt for over a decade but in the last 2-3 years her bedside manner and overall quality has diminished. I came to her multiple times over the course of 1.5years with side effects related to LARC birth control and she continually dismissed me until I finally said I would remove it myself if she refused. Also forcing patients to come in months early for unnecessary pelvic exams in order to obtain birth control pills even if paps are current and negative. Frustrating

August 31st, 2016
I have been a patient at women's care for several years now and today was my first time being seen by Dr. Pitt. She was extremely rude and made my entire visit uncomfortable. She talked down to me and would not answer the questions that I had to ask. I do not recommend her at all.

October 3rd, 2014
Cold
I had the feeling that she found my diabetes offensive and that she didn't like my age. She did mention that I couldn't help my age.

November 30th, 2012
Had a great experience with Dr. Pitt. I truly don't know what others felt with their reviews, but my experience was excellent. She was truly professional and discussed all my options and was very caring and understanding. I would definitely go back to see her.

October 15th, 2011
Relieved to see so many felt the same..
I agree that Dr. Pitt has little bedside manner. I called to make an appointment after I got 3 positive pregnancy tests. I began bleeding a few days later and went to the "Preconception Appointment" that I previoiusly made. First off, the nurse seemed very annoyed that she had to change my appointment to a "regular" one from a "preconception" one and redo tha paperwork. Then I went to see Dr. Pitt. She first says to me "You had a negative urine test, so why are you here?". Keep in mind my husband and I had been trying to concieve for a year and a half - still trying now. I told her what happened and she responded by telling me "Well that's not a real pregnancy" - very cold toned, talking to me like an idiot. She walked out for a minute and I began crying; it was an emotional time. Thank God my husband was there because sometimes I wonder if I'm just too sensitive but he actually said he didn't like the way she was speaking to us before I could say anything. After leaving there we decided to look for a new doctor - unfortunately all the OB/GYN's seem to be in groups here and they all also seem to have at least one Dr in the bunch that have terrible reviews. On the plus side I LOVE Dr. Armas and Dr. Arnold. I wish they would open a practice together.

October 12th, 2011
STAY AWAY!!!!
I could not of had a more horrible birth experience then with Dr. Pitt. No bedside manner is putting it nicely! It was my first time giving birth and she seemed annoyed and rushed. Did not care that I was in pain and was very rude. I can not believe that I thought that how she acted was "normal." I have giving birth twice since and had wonderful births with wonderful Dr.'s! STAY AWAY from this lady. She should not be a dr.Also she did a horrible stitch job on me. It never healed right and had to be redone.

September 29th, 2011
Dr. Pitt -- I challenge you to find a ruder doctor out there -- she is the queen of mean!!! Bedside manner is despicable at best. I had a rough delivery and most of it was because she just wanted to get it over with. I needed to get a follow up procedure after the birth of my child,but before I had completely healed and I was still very tender.. the procedure was MORE than painful -- as a result, I screamed and she came UNGLUED telling me off and insulting me. The attending nurse was mortified and reported her. I am so surprised she is still working in any capacity.

July 5th, 2011
Horrible bedside manner, extremely rude!
Dr. Pitt has absolutely no bedside manner! I had incredible amounts of pain in my hips toward the end of my pregnancy, so much so that I spent 99.9% of my time in bed. She told me this was normal, when I questioned her because I know it is not normal to be in tears when merely walking to your front door... anyhow, she became very cold and insulted me by telling me that I was overweight and basically that I shouldn't complain about something I have control over. I am over weight but not any more then most people, I'm not obese. When I didn't except this answer or her rude bedside manner she proceeded to tell me that it was just going to get worse, if I couldn't deal with the pain now that I should probably consider only having one child because it never gets easier. Now I will tell you that I would have never complained just for the sake of complaining, especially after going through everything I had to get pregnant. Now I'd also like you to know that she said these horrible things to me while holding my chart in her hand, and knowing that I had tried for two years to conceive, gone through a year of fertility treatments, and suffered a miscarriage. Dr. Pitt really should not be a doctor. She is a horrible person.

June 10th, 2011
If you're smart look for another doctor
Dr. Pitt obviously lack the most important attribute of being a Doctor...and that's cARING. The visits always seem to be 5 minutes in duration(no matter what the problem is) and just always seem to have a don't care attitude...TRICARE definitely needs to reconsider this person as a referral for our soldiers.

May 16th, 2011
Uncaring.
That's the only way I would want to describe this doctor.She did not once try to find out my concerns of excessive weight.She said all I needed to do was take in less food.Hello.......I'm fighting obesity all my life and my concern was what it is that is keeping me from loosing weight inspite of diet and excercise.Most uncaring person I've ever seen.

February 18th, 2011
best doctor ever!!!
made having my first child the easiest expierence ever, so much so I'm going back for my 2nd pregnancy.

December 28th, 2010
She's Great
Dr Pitt found some sort of growth and immediately referred me to Watson Clinic where it was determined to be benign. She called my house after I got the biopsy. Her bedside manner is excellent. I like her better than Dr Armas! Being female I think she relates better to female issues. The exams are more gentle. Plus they put an office out near me so now I don't have to travel far to go to see the doctor.