Obstetricians & Gynecologists
Obstetric & Gynecology Associates
116 Parsons Park Dr
Brandon, FL 33511
813-681-6625
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Nov 30th, 2012

Had a great experience with Dr. Pitt. I truly don't know what others felt with their reviews, but my experience was excellent. She was truly professional and discussed all my options and was very caring and understanding. I would definitely go back to see her.

Jul 10th, 2012

On May 24th 2012, I went in for my final appointment before my scheduled C-Section. Dr. Watkins could not find a heart beat and did an ultrasound in the office and still could not find any signs that my baby was still alive. She sent me to Brandon Regional immediately to confirm that the baby had passed away. I had gestational diabetes during my pregnancy and I am ashamed to say that I did not keep up with my blood sugars as I should have. However, I did watch what I ate and when I did do my blood sugar at home they were always in the 80s and 90s. Dr. Pitt was constantly on my case about my blood sugars and even told me that she had done a blood sugar test during one of my visits without my knowledge. A technician did an ultrasound at the hospital and confirmed that the baby had passed away. Dr. Pitt came into the room and stated that she knew for a fact that the baby's death was a result of my gestational diabetes. This being before any tests had been done or the baby had even been delivered. Later that night, Dr. Baron delivered my baby via C-section and stated to me that the baby had died due to the chord being wrapped around her neck. Now I have received my baby's death certificate and I am mortified to find that Dr. Pitt has signed off on it stating the primary cause of death was gestational diabetes and the chord was a secondary cause. Furthermore, in box 34c the certificate says that no autopsy or histological placental examination was used in determining the cause of fetal death. With no test, how could she determine that gestational diabetes was the cause of my daughter's death? I feel like this woman put what she did on the death certificate out of spite.

|  Relieved to see so many felt the same..  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2011

I agree that Dr. Pitt has little bedside manner. I called to make an appointment after I got 3 positive pregnancy tests. I began bleeding a few days later and went to the "Preconception Appointment" that I previoiusly made. First off, the nurse seemed very annoyed that she had to change my appointment to a "regular" one from a "preconception" one and redo tha paperwork. Then I went to see Dr. Pitt. She first says to me "You had a negative urine test, so why are you here?". Keep in mind my husband and I had been trying to concieve for a year and a half - still trying now. I told her what happened and she responded by telling me "Well that's not a real pregnancy" - very cold toned, talking to me like an idiot. She walked out for a minute and I began crying; it was an emotional time. Thank God my husband was there because sometimes I wonder if I'm just too sensitive but he actually said he didn't like the way she was speaking to us before I could say anything. After leaving there we decided to look for a new doctor - unfortunately all the OB/GYN's seem to be in groups here and they all also seem to have at least one Dr in the bunch that have terrible reviews. On the plus side I LOVE Dr. Armas and Dr. Arnold. I wish they would open a practice together.

|  STAY AWAY!!!!  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

I could not of had a more horrible birth experience then with Dr. Pitt. No bedside manner is putting it nicely! It was my first time giving birth and she seemed annoyed and rushed. Did not care that I was in pain and was very rude. I can not believe that I thought that how she acted was "normal." I have giving birth twice since and had wonderful births with wonderful Dr.'s! STAY AWAY from this lady. She should not be a dr.Also she did a horrible stitch job on me. It never healed right and had to be redone.

Sep 29th, 2011

Dr. Pitt -- I challenge you to find a ruder doctor out there -- she is the queen of mean!!! Bedside manner is despicable at best. I had a rough delivery and most of it was because she just wanted to get it over with. I needed to get a follow up procedure after the birth of my child,but before I had completely healed and I was still very tender.. the procedure was MORE than painful -- as a result, I screamed and she came UNGLUED telling me off and insulting me. The attending nurse was mortified and reported her. I am so surprised she is still working in any capacity.

|  Horrible bedside manner, extremely rude!  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2011

Dr. Pitt has absolutely no bedside manner! I had incredible amounts of pain in my hips toward the end of my pregnancy, so much so that I spent 99.9% of my time in bed. She told me this was normal, when I questioned her because I know it is not normal to be in tears when merely walking to your front door... anyhow, she became very cold and insulted me by telling me that I was overweight and basically that I shouldn't complain about something I have control over. I am over weight but not any more then most people, I'm not obese. When I didn't except this answer or her rude bedside manner she proceeded to tell me that it was just going to get worse, if I couldn't deal with the pain now that I should probably consider only having one child because it never gets easier. Now I will tell you that I would have never complained just for the sake of complaining, especially after going through everything I had to get pregnant. Now I'd also like you to know that she said these horrible things to me while holding my chart in her hand, and knowing that I had tried for two years to conceive, gone through a year of fertility treatments, and suffered a miscarriage. Dr. Pitt really should not be a doctor. She is a horrible person.

|  If you're smart look for another doctor  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

Dr. Pitt obviously lack the most important attribute of being a Doctor...and that's cARING. The visits always seem to be 5 minutes in duration(no matter what the problem is) and just always seem to have a don't care attitude...TRICARE definitely needs to reconsider this person as a referral for our soldiers.

|  Uncaring.  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

That's the only way I would want to describe this doctor.She did not once try to find out my concerns of excessive weight.She said all I needed to do was take in less food.Hello.......I'm fighting obesity all my life and my concern was what it is that is keeping me from loosing weight inspite of diet and excercise.Most uncaring person I've ever seen.

|  She's Great  |  show details
by Kelly Bichard on Dec 28th, 2010

Dr Pitt found some sort of growth and immediately referred me to Watson Clinic where it was determined to be benign. She called my house after I got the biopsy. Her bedside manner is excellent. I like her better than Dr Armas! Being female I think she relates better to female issues. The exams are more gentle. Plus they put an office out near me so now I don't have to travel far to go to see the doctor.

Nov 5th, 2010

My visit with Dr. Pitt was HORRIBLE! She never introduced herself, she also did not take the time to look over my chart before entering the exam room and therefore did not know my name. She was also very rude and impatient, she made me feel as if I were just complaining and also like I was wasting her time.

Dec 8th, 2009

Dr. Pitt told me that I wouldn't have the opportunity to have a child with my husband who has no sperm. I thought it was unprofessional and insensitive for a comment like that to be made. Besides that, she provided good customer service and answered all my questions.