Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
 |  Horrible! Waiting for refund!  |  show details
by Katy J. on Nov 26th, 2013

Dr.Roane Blaker was my doctor couple years ago. As a physician she is pretty good, but the people who help her manage her practice, take care of the billing...horrible. I got letter saying that I owe money to the office and if I don't pay, they will give my information to the other institutions, it will affect my credit, will be subject to penalties and interest. So I paid. A week after I got the call from Dr.Roane Blaker's office. The billing assistant said that it was a mistake and that I overpaid 40$ and that they will send the check of 40$ to me in two weeks. Well...it was in December, 2012. After that their office moved, I was calling many times, nobody answered. Finally, I called to Oakwood Center and after many times leaving them my information, phone number, date of birth...I got a call from Dr. Blaker's husband, who said that he is going to mail the check. It was in July, 2013. No check was mailed! I called to Oakwood center again, got the info of new billing assistant Shirley Martinez. Left her voicemails couple times, she called me back, left voicemail. After that i called her again, and again, and again... Left my name, last name, date of birth, address....AND...still waiting for my refund check. It's been a year! Well...if they do not care about their reputation and can easily destroy it for 40$, what can I say...my 3 friends already changed their physician, they were Dr.Blaker's clients. So, let's count how much they get from one appointment and what is worth 40$ for them? Very sad...horrible experience. Tired of waiting to get my money gack!

|  PA has left  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

The real professional at this location - the PA has left the practice. Dr. RoaneBlaker is overwhelmed making this into a spa. She has little time and little patience for her "regular" patients. I have found a new doctor and she did not even ask why I was leaving after 12 years.

|  Great, Caring Doctor  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

It is rare these days to find a doctor who is willing to spend enough time to get an accurate history, which is step one in an accurate diagnosis. Dr. Roane-Blaker is that rare doctor. I went to her for my interstitial cystitis and she was everything I had heard she was. If you need a patient, caring doctor who is willing to listen, you won't go wrong. She is great.

|  Terrible Bedside Manner  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2011

I was treated by Dr. Blaker's Physician Assistant, Brittney Key. Clinically, it was a satisfactory exam. The bedside manner was TERRIBLE. Very sterile and clinical. No empathy or even a friendly smile. I attempted to give some constructive criticism and I was told to go to a different Dr. Dr. Catherine Roane-Blaker told me she had total confidence in her PA and that I, obviously, needed special care (VERY condescending) especially from a DR. who was not even in my appt. and does not know my medical history. Ladies, you deserve better. A good Doctor is so much more than textbook knowledge.

|  show details
May 24th, 2011

My first visit, which was for a problem not an annual, was excellent. Dr. Roane-Blaker spent no less than an hour with me and my husband, she documented every concern and investigated all of my history. I was able to ask questions and provide feedback and she did something I haven't experienced much of in the last 4 years, she LISTENED. I had a few tests in between my first and my followup. I met with her again for my follow up and, again she spent about 30 minutes with us to discuss the results and options. She did not hurry us, make us feel ignorant for not knowing terminology or even some information that we felt we should have known. She informed us well on my condition and offered all options to us along with the benefits and risks.My husband and I agreed to have a surgery and she was an even better surgeon. I found, in my time at the hospital, she has an excellent reputation with the surgical and nursing staff. It was an answer to our prayers to have found a doctor who truly cared and listened. This surgery cured an issue I had been battling for over 4 yrs and of which caused me to see over 7 doctors in those 4 years.You can't go wrong with being her patient.

|  show details
Oct 1st, 2010

I love Dr Baker. I first saw her this year for an annual exam after moving to Texas. As part of her gathering of my medical history (which she was very thorough with) I mentioned I'd had a suspected kidney stone about 5 months before and still had occasional tenderness in my abdomen. She ordered a CT just to be sure and I'm glad she did. Turned out I have some issues with my ovaries I never knew about that had never been picked up previously. Considering how concerned I was and that I was a bit young for any problems like this to come up ( as anyone would be I guess) she has been fantastic about keeping me informed and follow up testing. Her staff are also fantastic - she's got a really great team together. Her Sono tech is the loveliest lady. Anyone who's had an internal one knows, while not painful, it's not something you look forward to but she made me so at ease I don't even get bothered by it now. On every visit she spends lots of time with you, I';ve never felt rushed, she doesn't make you feel silly for asking what might be silly questions, she's good a asking about things you might not mention or consider relevant like other health problems that you might not think relevant for a gyno and always gives you options, not like some doctors that just seem to tell you what to do and what they are going to give you.If you need a good Gyno in north Austin - she's your lady!