Dr. Catherine Schaefer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Catherine Schaefer?

Very Good Dr

Posted on September 14th, 2017

I was a patient of Dr Schaefer's for over 12 years in Columbia SC. Unfortunately she moved and she now practices at Myrtle Beach. She is kind, understanding, listens to you, and treats you with dignity and respect. If I lived in Myrtle Beach I would once again be her patient.

Is Dr Schafer still practicing?

Posted on February 14th, 2016

Dr Schaefer is the best. Is she still practicing? If so where is she located? I can understand why she struggles to find a good practice to be part of, most practices today and all about the money, I knew when she went to one of the practices that she would not stay there because her standard of care far exceeds those of that practice. They are all about the big buck not about taking care of patients. She is not one to put time as the priority over giving good patient care. I felt totally safe knowing she was my doctor, she is a very special doctor and I for one miss her terribly. I hope she has found somewhere to practice where she can take care of her patients with the same compassion and concern she showed her patients when she had her own practice. If she is practicing I would love to know where she is located as I am sure many others would too. It would be nice to at least be able to send her a card of thanks for all the years of great service she provided and to let her know she is greatly missed.

1606 horseshoe

Posted on January 17th, 2016

I know the whole story... Dr didn't jump around ... She just had to move to keep up with all the new changes with reimbursements... Laws.... It cost so much money.... To be in business anymore and the quality in patient care that she gave was exceptional! Know one can take that much time caring and still survive in business financially sadly... That's the truth...we will find it more and more in this life in all types and ways. Dr found another practice that promised the world as to take care of forwarding info ect.... They didn't do what they said. She tried another practice but they too would say ok.... Ten mins... Next ... Hurry up!!! And in the end....she left for a distance to find a employer that treated patients like she felt was the right way... She tryed her best and continues.... Like we all should ... And not fuss until your Sure you know the whole story!!! God Bless

Posted on September 3rd, 2015

How extremely UNprofessional to make frequent moves from one address to another and then ultimately walk away from your practice here in SC! How very upsetting to the patients who were NOT properly informed of your decision to leave. In fact the last clinics you were associated with were UNAWARE OF your where-abouts and your patients were forced to suddenly look for a new doctor! What a shameful way to treat patients who had been with you for years and years!!

Posted on July 14th, 2015

Dr. Schaefer is a wonderful doctor who actually takes the time to CARE about her patients. I have been looking for her for a few years now to try to obtain my old medical records. Does anyone know which city she is in, in Georgia?

WANT HER BACK IN COLUMBIA, SC

Posted on March 12th, 2015

SHE WAS MY DR FOR 12 YEARS AND I SURE DO MISS HER WISH SHE WAS IN GENERAL PRACTICE I SURLY WOULD GO TO GEORGIA

Posted on February 24th, 2015

Dr. Schaefer is the the best , most caring physician I have the honor of being a patient. I have been thru some medical problems where she saw me every other day for two weeks until I was better. I miss her terribly and wish her the very best in Georgia. Georgia you are a Blessed state we would gladly take her back in South Carolina.

Posted on February 12th, 2015

Always satisfied told me everything i need to know a big high five

Fibrogirl

Posted on January 22nd, 2014

Doctor Schaefer is one of those physicians who actually takes a seat, so your both at the same eye level,and talks to you. What is even more important to me, she listens. If I have bring in an article which pertains to my diagnosis she'll read it and discuss with me her thoughts on the subject. She has even prescribed a medications so we could see how they effected me. She is a great Doc!!!!

Patient

Posted on November 18th, 2013

Best doctor ever! I have been with her the whole time she has been in practice here in Columbia. She has helped get my asthma under control and has diagnosed things the neurologist couldn't find. Would follow here anywhere.

Great Doc....staff not so much...

Posted on September 16th, 2013

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Schaefer, she's wonderful, caring and makes you feel like she doesn't have 50 more patients waiting. Most of her staff unfortunately are unorganized and unfriendly. After joining Long Creek Family Practice the billing has changed making it difficult for me to afford my appointments (my average out of pocket at the time of service cost is $75 per visit, that's with insurance.... rather than charging a copayment, running costs through insurance then billing for rest of the bill, they require the estimated costs up-front). If not for the billing issue, I would gladly stay with her as a patient.

Dr Schaefer