Dr. Catherine Stokes MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

June 22nd, 2013
My own Dr. can't even compare.
I chose Dr Stokes from one of the L&D nurses at the hospital, and I am so glad I took her recommendation. I wouldn't chose a different Dr for my daughter, and I highly recommend the Ogden residence to take their children to see her. She is so incredibly patient with my million questions, and very thorough with her exams, and follows up with every previous concern.

March 22nd, 2013
Great Doctor
Dr. Stokes is very knowledgeable, courteous, and thorough. She takes her time first to understand my concerns, then examining my child, and lastly explaining the diagnosis/treatment/etc. She does not hesitate to refer us to specialists when needed (cardiologist, ENT, dermatologist). I do usually have to wait for a bit to see her, but I believe this is because of how thorough she is, and because she doesn't rush in and out of the exam room as so many physicians do nowadays. I'm more than happy to wait to see her because I know that she is treating someone else's child thoroughly as I know she will be doing with mine, and I can appreciate that. HOWEVER, and this is not the fault of Dr Stokes I'm sure, but the office late policy is 5 minutes. If you're longer than that, they may "no show" you and cancel/reschedule your appt. I was told that if you're more than 5 minutes late 3 times, they will not see you as a patient anymore. This is ridiculous to me for many reasons. A) This office is on the 4th floor of the hospital, which can be a joke to find a parking spot in. B) The elevator is frequently out of service, so I either have to walk down to the next elevator or walk up 5 flights of stairs. C) Whether I'm 10 minutes early, right on time, or 10 minutes late, I always end up waiting AT LEAST 20 minutes to see the Doctor. I could understand them cancelling my appt if they were ready to call us back and we weren't there yet, but if the Dr is already running behind and I'm going to wait for 25 minutes anyway, I think it's unreasonable for the office staff to harass me for being 7 minutes late. On two separate occasions, two different women at the front desk have made snide comments about me being late (one time I wasn't even late, but she was gossiping to the other receptionist about the LAST time I was late, as if I couldn't hear her). Considering that every single person coming to this office obviously has children, many of them sick, I think a 5 minute late policy is unreasonable. Every other office I've spoken with or gone to has a 15 minute late policy or no policy at all. I love Dr Stokes but because of the treatment I've received by some of the office workers, and because of their late policy, I will start looking for another office to take my children to. I don't appreciate having that "3rd strike" dangling over my head, or being constantly reminded that I've already been late 2 times before each time I call to make an appointment. In summary, I would recommend Dr Stokes to any and everyone, but unless you can guarantee that you won't ever be more than 5 minutes late to an appt, or are positive that your clock is perfectly coordinated with the office's clock, I would not recommend this office, unfortunately.

August 15th, 2012
Very caring doctor
Dr. Stokes is a very caring doctor. She was my sons pediatrician from birth to 6 months old (then we moved). She was recommended to me by a friend that works at the hospital. She was always very informative and answered my questions. She accurately diagnosed my sons reflux problems when he was 2 months old and worked with us in finding solutions. She's a gentle doctor and I always felt like she did a thorough job examining my son when we were with her. I would recommend her to my friends.

November 23rd, 2011
Trustworthy
She's very intelligent and cares about her patients. She brings a book as a present for my daughter at every milestone appointment (I don't remember at which age it started, maybe her 1 year check-up?) But it's the little things that make her stand out. She doesn't brush off our concerns. She freely suggests we see specialists for more specialized issues, (ENT for repeated ear infections... Allergist for ongoing hives/eczema) so she has her head on straight. She was there right from the start... coming into my postpartum room to check on my daughter the morning after birth. Love Dr. Stokes!

June 24th, 2008
a doctor you can trust
I have 3 children one with special needs andIt is very hard to find a Doctor that is great with all. She is great to get us in if at all possible. she alwayse calls me back in person she remembers us and our specific issuses. and takes the time to listen and really takes what i say into consideration. i have hard kis with many issues and she has been right on every diagnossis. i never have to question what she sais. and i truly do trust her with my kids health.(and im not easy to please:)