Dr. Catherine Watson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Catherine Watson?

4 Ratings with 1 Comment

March 19th, 2015

Wasted years of my health care

Most of my appointments I felt like I was not heard and like action was not taken when I expected it to be. I stuck with her for a decade as my OBGYN and through 2 pregnancies. She always acted like nothing I was feeling was ever valid and she always seemed to fit me into text book descriptions. I do not feel like she customized my care to my individual needs. Even while I was pregnant with my two kids, she criticized my weight through the entire pregnancy, both times! She would pull out this chart and say, "You are this tall, so you should way this much. And you should only gain this much during pregnancy". I always dreaded going to my prenatal appointments because I didn't want to be told how "Obese" I was. I only gained 20 lbs with my second pregnancy and she still had the nerve to call me obese and she recorded it in my health records! I am 5'5" and on average weigh 165. I don't consider myself obese. Overall, I just felt like she never listened and treated me like I was another number in her list of patients to meet with. I also felt like she spoke condescendingly and overall made me feel uncomfortable.

November 2nd, 2015