Dr. Cathey Roberts MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.8

June 3rd, 2014
I brought my daughter to her for help but I could not agree more with your reviews. She IS sleeping! During a long awkward silence, my daughter & I would just stare at eachother in shock. Then she would all of a sudden wake up and tell her dog to get off of the couch. It smells terrible and we too waited while she took her dog out to do it's business. Excentric? Quirky? If I were being honest - I would agree with Rude and Unprofessional. This lady is a wack job.

August 16th, 2012
Completely unprofessional
I saw Dr. Roberts for 3 visits. I was looking for medication management and was not looking to pursue therapy. She insisted on therapy for at least 6 sessions. She was cold and detached - at one point during a session I thought she was asleep. She had eyes closed and was reclined in her chair. She paid more attention to her dogs than to me and once left in the middle of a session to take her dogs outside. I quit seeing her because of scheduling confusion that she insisted was my fault, when she had not established a consistent time with me. When I tried to call, her voicemail was full and I had no other contact number so I had to way to get in touch. She also berated me for time that she spent on the phone with my insurance company, as if it were my fault she had to do standard paperwork. I do not recommend her for any patient.

May 8th, 2012
Excellent Assessment
The office condition is not outstanding, but the performance of the doctor is exceptional. Her assessment is fast and insightful. Her preference is to combine talk therapy with medication which obviously has more success than medication alone. Her insights are right-on and suggestions are enlightening. Time well spent.

August 10th, 2011
Cold is the right word
My child saw Dr. Roberts. I think she did a great job of diagnosing them; however, when she filled out insurance paperwork one of our entire medicine check visits (which I still had to pay for), and called me "stupid" for not being up-to-date on medical insurance legislation (as related to mental health), I decided it was not good to see her. She is very cold, even to children. I think she is very smart doctor, but would be better working as a veterinarian. Some of her comments were very unprofessional. She is not very approachable or warm.

January 11th, 2010
Not for Me
I would not recommend her. I have been stable on meds for many years. My psychiatrist retired, so I had to look for a new one. I told Dr Roberts I only needed medication management. She insisted on seeing me for 3-5 hour long sessions (which I did not complete, because I cannot afford it and I already have a therapist). She has dogs in her office. I LOVE DOGS, but I think it is unprofessional to not tell your clients they will be there. They jumped on me and smelled up the office. On our first interaction she greeted me without a hello. Instead she only asked if I had insurance. Then she breaks the insurance agreement by requiring you pay above and beyond the amount she has agreed to charge with the insurance agreement. Her affect is off-putting.

September 23rd, 2009
Terrible
This woman was cold and impersonal. Her website makes her out to be a very professional, caring person. DO NOT BE FOOLED. She operated like a robot asking me question after question without stopping to ask me to elaborate or giving any input, and on one occasion described the actions of my prior health clinic as "really stupid". How unprofessional. When I met her the first time, I had been having a really stressful day and had clearly been crying. When I arrived at her office, she didn't even look me in the eye, said, "Are you [name]?", then "Ok, come with me". No introduction or welcoming statement. I cannot say enough about how terrible my experience was with this woman.