Dr. Cathy Tong MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Needham, MA

3.2

June 16th, 2016
Cathy Tong has been my doctor for many years. She is attentive and listens to her patients. I recommend her without any reservation and have sent many family and friends to her. Her staff has been with her a long time, which says a lot about who you work with. Great staff and doctor!!

May 19th, 2016
Potential but BIG EGO & RUDE!
MD has major ego issues. Should listen to patients instead of thinking she has all the answers. Yes, we understand YOU are the MD but WE as patients know our bodies and know what we are feeling. Don't brush us off for your ego's sake. You can be a caring, compassionate MD without being cruel and mean and brushing peoples concerns off with snide comments and remarks. You have a lot to learn as a doctor and I certainly hope you don't mis-diagnose or not diagnose someone completely because of your ego.

September 9th, 2014
Awful
Dr. Tong cares more about money than her patients. I've been seeing her for almost 5 years and have had nothing but problems. At most I visit the doctors office twice a year and she and her staff are intolerable and incompetent. Expect to wait 5+ hours for a call back, and its from the staff and they have no idea what their talking about but always suggest you make an appointment. Dr. Tong has absolutely no bedside manner and will spend the entire appointment staring at her computer screen. Don't mention anything outside of your heartbeat and blood pressure during a physical, or she will double charge for the appointment. She sent me for an ultrasound for something that was found during a routine exam and when I requested that she discuss the results over the phone with me, I received an email. When I called again to request a call back from her, I was told if I wanted to discuss my results further I would need to make an appointment. She's plain awful. I've lost all hope that she actually went into a profession where she cares about her patients more than her paycheck.

July 10th, 2014
Great Doctor!
I have been going to Dr. Tong for the past 4 years, she and her staff are very pleasant and always answer all questions and concerns. I highly recommend her.

March 1st, 2013
Class Act - Dr. Tong is an excellent, caring physician - a rare spark of life
Dr. Cathy Tong is absolutely the best primary care physician that I have ever had. In the last 20 years I have lived in 7 different states - i.e., 7 different PCP's. She takes a clear interest in me as a person as well as a patient. She's consistently personable, intuitive, attentive and thorough - always. Before I found Dr. Tong, going to the doctor was a dreaded, time consuming event. My previous health care reality: a boring but stressful waste of time spent in waiting and then exam rooms, all for a 15 minute audience with a preoccupied doctor. Under Cathy Tong's care I almost look forward to my appointments. She is a rarity, a remarkable doctor as well as a very nice person.

January 23rd, 2013
Dr. tong doesn't know how to treat her patient. In clinic, she is more focused on finishing her note rather than paying attention to your concern. she is very rude. I had to call her more than four times just to know my lab results and even after that she never prefer to talk to me.she doesn't seem to know how to interpret the lab results.she is not compassionate. I would never return to her and would never recommend anyone to her.

July 19th, 2012
This incompetent doctor sent me hone with an inhaler. Next day I was in the hospital with the worse case of pneumonia they had seen in yrs. In addition they did not like my blood work and was rushed to BIDH Hosp with leukemia that she would have found if she took the time. Also she did not call or stop by during my 3 months in hospital, Nice DR. I should have sued her

September 5th, 2010
Dr. Tong's New Office is exceptional!
I almost switched PCP when I heard Dr. Tong, was moving. One visit to her new office Beth Israel Deaconess HealthCare Dedham Avenue/Needham, MA and I knew I made the right decision to stay with Dr. Tong. The office staff is very nice and treat me like family. I recently was not feeling well and she was able to see me the same day. She is very detail oriented and made sure I had the necessary tests to diagnose my illness. 2 Thumbs Up from Me!

August 9th, 2010
Dr. Tong at first seems to care about her Patients but after a few visits she does NOT Care at all. She does NOT Follow up on Health issues. She does NOT listen to what the patients CONCERNS or NEEDS are. She makes you feel like You are a BURDEN to her and that You are wasting her time. Horrible Bedside Manner NOT Compassionate at all. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!

July 17th, 2010
Very Knowledgeable and caring doctor
COuldn't believe the office sent me a letter to remind me to have a Physical! Always had it on my to do list. It was great to know that they were on top of things! Dr. Tong's Practice is in a brand new office space and everything is clean and new. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. I deffinately reccommend Dr. Cathy Tong.

April 1st, 2010
Great Doctor
I have been going to Dr Tong for years and she is amazing. I recommend her to everyone and now my mother goes to her as well.

March 22nd, 2010