Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.3448275862069 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  A better life  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2014

Dr. Nezhat is a skillful surgeon who changed my life by (1) successfully removing stage 3 endometriosis and complex ovarian cysts that others could not, (2) identifying a serious, undiagnosed hormonal problem and helping me find an experienced endocrinologist for treatment, (3) recommending nutritional adjustments that have improved my overall health. My quality of life has improved dramatically thanks to his care. I have seen him 10-14 times in the last few years. His bedside manner has always been caring but frank, except on a couple of occasions when he was cranky about performance of a staff member (who is no longer there)--he has exacting standards for office and hospital staff. I feel like Dr. Nezhat and his leading staff know me and care about me, and I have utmost confidence in his skills as a surgeon and a physician. He does take extra time with patients when needed, which can sometimes lead to longer waits, but I don't begrudge the wait because I know he takes time with me when needed.

Sep 9th, 2014

Overall experience very poor.

|  Local Atlanta urologist  |  show details
by Dr. Martha Boone on Sep 7th, 2014

I have worked in the same hospital as Dr. Nezhat for many years. I always knew that he was a good surgeon. But, I did not appreciate his GREATNESS until he operated on ME. He did a total hysterectomy in August of 2014. I was amazed. My case was difficult, but I had NO bleeding, NO pain afterwards, and NO problems of any type. I could have gone back to work 5 days after the surgery!! There are few doctors in America who can meet his talents. I am very grateful. He and I are not friends and I paid full price.It was work every penny. Dr. Martha Boone

Apr 2nd, 2014

Wonderful patient and thorough. Truly cares about the holistic care of his patients and not just the matter at hand.

Aug 13th, 2013

I believe there are other Doctors who do the same surgeries and NOT ask for their fee up front. Seems more concerned about the monetary rewards than patient total care.

Doctor's Response

Although the name of the procedure may be the same, it is important to consider the complexity of the case and the skill and experience of the surgeon. Dr. Nezhat is a specialist in Advanced Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery and is known the world over for his skill and knowledge in this field. Our center provides the highest quality of care possible for advanced disease and complex cases. We hope you found adequate care elsewhere and wish you well.

|  A Standout Doctor  |  show details
by Leslie Holland on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr Nezhat stands out among his peers as a doctor who truly cares and takes time to explain a patient's healthcare options. What he has suggested and prescribed for me has made a world of difference in the way I feel. I would certainly recommend Dr. Nezhat to my friends and family.

Jun 1st, 2013

Unbelievably great experience. He genuinely cares about his patients!! In credibly patient and kind. his goal is to make you feel good!

|  Fantastic Doctor  |  show details
by Tina Maynard on Mar 23rd, 2013

I have been a patient with Dr. Nezhat since 1996. No other doctor has been able to control my endometriosis pain as well as him. He worked very hard with me to control the pain & to keep me from having a lot of surgery. Last week he performed a complete hysterectomy on me. Awesome bed side manner as well as awesome surgeon. He did such an outstanding job that I have not even had much pain. His office has called me everyday since the surgery; they even called me on the weekend to check on me. The other women I have known that had this same surgery were in terrible pain. . I am convinced that he is the best in this field. Everyone that I know that had this surgery have been in shock that I am not in great pain. His rate is higher than the other doctors that I used in the past but he is definitely worth it. I strongly feel that he is the best in his field. I highly recommend him. He has been a blessing to me and my family. I thank God that I have him as my doctor.

|  Dr. Nezhat is simply the best there is!  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2012

If you are lucky enough to be referred to him. Count your blessings. The quality of my life has been magnified 10 times as a result of his care. I have been going to him for almost 8 years. My 22-year-old daughter now goes to him.

|  Wonderful Experience  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Ceana Nezhat since 1995 and my experience with him and his office has always been top notch. When faced with surgery anyone would be nervous; however, my fears were eased with Dr. Nezhats caring expertise, knowledge, and bed side manner. I recommend him as the best Gynecologist and Reproductive Endocrinologists in Atlanta. MGrant

|  The Best  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

Dr. Nezhat is the most knowledgeable doctor in the field. After a series of misdiagnoses from other Doctors, Dr. Nexhat was able to correctly pinpoint my issue during my first visit. (Through a series of tests). I am thankful for Dr. Nezhat and his team!

May 15th, 2012

Dr Nezhat was the answer we were looking for when our daughters pelvic pain went undiagnoised for two years. He is by far the most confident and knowledgable Dr we have encountered. Even though he didn't take our insurance, it was worth every dime to have our daughter out of pain. He truly cares!

|  Gave me back my life  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2012

Young women with pelvic pain should not wait until they're ready to have a baby to seek help. I went to 4 other doctors before finding Dr. Nezhat because the others irresponsibly told me to wait until I was ready to conceive before doing anything about the pain.I have been Nezhat's patient for many years for endometriosis and now hormone therapy. He is more than on the cutting edge--he is lightyears ahead of other doctors. He is indeed very expensive but well worth every cent. After careful consideration, my husband and I decided to go with Dr. Nezhat--and I am so glad we did. Other doctors might have been able to treat me for less money, but if they had not been successful we would have always wondered what might have been. I am pain free now, enjoying life and so very grateful.I especially appreciate Dr. Nezhat's going to great lengths to explain options and their risks, then leaving the decisions to me. No patient should ever allow a doctor make a choice for her or tell her there is only one option.

|  A Life-Saver  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

I have seen Dr. Nezhat since I was a young adolescent. Throughout my life, he has been the one doctor who has been consistent in diagnosing me and treating me. I went to him as a young girl and again as a teen, when he diagnosed me with PCOS. His subesquent treatment allowed me to successfully conceive 2 children without the aid of fertility medicine. When other doctors told me I woudl never have children, Dr. Nezhat just laughed at the notion. Now after having kids and going through some other issues, I am seeing his for hormone therapy. He is hands-down the kindest, most personable, compassionate doctor that I have come in contact with. The price you pay is worth every penny. I highly recommend him to women who are at their wits end and are tired of mediocre medical professionals giving them the run-around. Dr. Nezhat will work until he finds the problem and will go to the ends of the earth to make sure you have the right treatment.

|  Not What I Expected  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2010

I was impressed with this Doctor's credentials, but after paying him a lot of money, I am no better now than before my surgery.

Doctor's Response

We are very sorry to hear this news. It is unfortunate that treatment does not produce the same outcomes in all patients. Please feel free to contact our office so we can assist you.

|  Fertility  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 13th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

A lot of doctors has condemned my friend that she cannot have a baby, but with test you did and the priscription, she had a baby boy.

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Best there is  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2009

He is the only doctor who could help me and diagnose me accurately. His beside manner is best I have seen. If more doctors were like him, world would be better

Sep 11th, 2008

life saving, one of the most talented & kindest men i've ever met

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
by robo52 on Apr 19th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Dr. Nezhat it the kindest, gentlest, and most competent doctor I've ever had the pleasure to know. His office staff is incredible - efficient doesn't do them justice. Everyone is very caring and you feel so genuinely cared for when you go there. Nezhat has creditentials way beyond his peers and has many published works. I highly recommend his and his staff.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  The Best!!  |  show details
by gusandsam on Jun 29th, 2005 on kudzu.com

Dr. Nezhat specializes in laparoscopic surgery. He and his brothers have written several medical books on the subject and he is the best in the Southeast. He performed this surgery on me and later helped me to conceive. He is also a renowned fertility specialist. He and his staff are wonderful to their patients and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com