Dr. Cecelia Madrid MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

January 26th, 2015
Dr. C. Madrid
I have been a patient of Dr. Madrid for 20 years. She is one of the most caring physicians I've ever had. She doesn't rush you through your appointment and explains things really well. She diagosed cancer in two of my friends which not even the MRI was able to detect. I can't say enough good things about her.

November 17th, 2011
Don't know what happened with Dr. Madrid. I thought moving to the new office meant less wait, etc. She never looked me in the eye and showed no interest and acted as if she did not care about my situation. Others who walked out while I was there said something to the effect of Dr. Madrid being in an odd mood. Both making comments said they would seek another doctor. She would not refill my RX after a month, which she prescribed today. Stopping this med can cause a seizure and it says on the Internet to contact your doctor before discontinuing. I said this to Madrid and she did not comment. It is for anxiety due to being assaulted twice in a year. My insurance does not cover psychiatrist and in the past she has been handling the RXs for this disorder and given me referrals to specialists. I can only think she has been sanctioned or something. I am scared when I no longer have this medication. Besides seizures, I am afraid to go out of my home due to the assaults. What a disappointment after over 10 years with her. Glad she wasn't my doctor when I had cancer! Would like to contact someone about the situation, but don't know who and I don't want to cause her a problem but I also have a serious problem.

May 25th, 2011
i have been seeing dr madrid for almost five years and i am very pleased with her. her husband steve has become a good friend over the years and the over all vibe of the office is down to earth and comfortable.

February 16th, 2011
The office is run down, the phone lines are closed on certain days and when they are supposed to be open you get the same machine that says they are closed. When you call on "open days" the phone lines are always busy (yes you get a busy signal). When the male receptionist picks up he instantly puts you on hold. He also speaks over you and thinks he knows it all. He forgets to fax and send in prescriptions to pharmacies but swears he did it. You really don't want to deal with this office if you have an emergency situation. You really don't want to deal with this office at all.

August 24th, 2010
The doctor was pleasent to work with but the office staff was horrible to deal with the atmoshper of the office was tense between the doctor and her staff, the staff would walk in while being examened

June 15th, 2010
Good Doctor, Horrible office staff
Dr. Madrid is a great doctor. She takes that time to listen and tests you for everything just to be sure but her office staff is so unprofessional. HIPPA is broken consistently. They don't know how to answer a phone and will not return a call. As long as she has that office staff, I will not be her patient any longer.

March 8th, 2010
She is the worst doctor i have ever encountered. My aunt almost died and she did not bother to return any of the families phone calls about her condition. Her husband is the office clerk and screens her calls, we dont even know if she got the messages. Please if you love or care about your family member do not let them have her as a doctor.