Dr. M Pinto-Lord Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. M Pinto-Lord?

Wisdom and kindness...

Posted on November 19th, 2017

If we had not found Dr Pinto-Lord my daughter would have never had the services need to become successful.

No Bedside manner for a child neurologist

Posted on October 7th, 2017

She was rec'd and we waited a very long time to find a child neuro in Southern NH. She took us in the fastest. My child had and still is suffering with severe migraine/head pain. 5 ER visits in a week and she basically told her to suck it up and go back to school no matter what. No matter if she was in pain or dizzy she must get back to normal life. I told her not only would I not send her when she has to hold on to furniture just to make it to the bathroom but that the school would never accept her in that condition. We got nothing for pain. Said to change eating habits and she basically read her the riot act about being 12 and how to deal with pain. She wouldnt even let me talk for her since her head was pounding. She told her she wanted the answers from HER because she is 12 now. When I told her that her dizziness caused her to fall in the shower and on the stairs she said "well you need to be more careful then!". My parents wanted to come in and hear the diagnosis of their granddaughter and she told me why do they need to hear anything, they dont live with her! We left with basically nothing. She wouldnt even order an MRI. I beyond angry and disappointed. Trying to find someone else now in ped. Neuro. She strictly scolded me for bringing her to the ER and said never to bring her to the ER for this again because all the ER does is drug her up and make her worse. UM no, they make her stop crying in pain day after day. She told my child to stop crying because that makes head pain worse and to suck it up.

Lack of Support

Posted on June 6th, 2013

I have been taking my grandson to Pinto-Lord Since the age of 2. He is Autistic and over the years She has been very supportive of my situation. I am his guardian. Recently my daughter filed to terminate the guardianship and I had to present evidence to the court that this action would be very harmful to my grandson's well being and damaging to his development. I requested Pinto-Lord's support thru this very difficult process. I even delivered a subpoena to her office which was totally ignored. I requested at least his case history be provided to the court to demonstrate my grandson's level of disability and got NO response. I then requested his medical file be made available at the very least AND GOT NOTHING !!! I can't believe that Pinto-Lord was so dismissive of the well being of this child !!! I would not recommend her to anyone I know and will be transferring my grandson's care ASAP !!!!

Fortunate Patient

Posted on May 10th, 2013

I am very thankful for Dr. Pinto-Lord and her expertise with children who suffer from autistic spectrum disorders. She is very knowledgeable, She is very responsive to phone calls, and has a wonderful way with special needs kids. Her diagnosis was accurate and swift; in addition, she caught two other medical issues which went unchecked by our long standing PCP. I was referred by a friend who also has a child with autism. We are grateful to her and highly recommend her.

Dr Pinto Lord

Posted on November 7th, 2012

I was very lucky that when I woke up with no use of my left hand the ER called her in. She dxed a very uncommon palsy and put my mind to rest that I was not going to be paralyzed for life. It has been 3 months and much of my hand has come back almost to normal just as she said. he sent me to Nerve conduction testing and found the nerve and sent me to get splints to keep my hand stable. She was very good at diagnosing my problem and taking care of it.

Sharp Cookie But Only To A Point

Posted on June 20th, 2012

We took my child here for approx 3 years. We already knew his diagnosis and we were trying to get a hard to pin down second diagnosis in question. We never really got an answer to that second diagnosis until about the time we left her practice. That's not why we left though: She had suggested that we go to Speech Therapy and told us if the diagnosis didn't work for our insurance company to call her office and she would come up with another one. Well, her diagnosis didn't work so we called her office many, many times. I called every day for weeks. She would not call us back to help us. We had to stop Speech Therapy for my son and by then we owed over $4,000. I even left a message of the dollar amount we owed and all....But she would not help us and left us feeling angry, disapointed & hopeless. We took my child elsewhere and now travel 2 hours each way for his new doctor. We have a different diagnosis and someone who won't leave us hanging.

Posted on February 3rd, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Pinto-Lord for over 15 years for a seizure disorder. My experience has been nothing short of excellent. She is very caring and helpful in all aspects of my health. She even diagnosed a problem correctly that was totally unrelated to neurology and was missed by another specialist. Under her care I have been able to lead a more than normal life style.I give her high marks all the way around.

Posted on May 18th, 2011

Overall Dr. Pinto-Lord was (is) a very professional, caring woman who listens to every detail! My only concern is that I can't seem to get anyone to call me back after leaving several messages! Very Frustrating .

saved my daughter's life

Posted on May 9th, 2011

I brought my daughter to Dr. Pinto Lord when she was 10. I had been taking her to a dr. in Maine for 6 yrs. and he had misdiagnosed her for all those years and I knew he was wrong. Dr. Pinto lord was recommended to me by a friend and I was able to make an appointment within 1 week, not 1 yr. She correctly diagnosed my daughter within 10 minutes and has been treating her ever since...she is now 16. Because of her expertise and knowledge my daughter does not suffer like she had before, has been able to receive sped. services based her Dr. Pinto lords diagnosis and advice. I travel from Maine to see her and it was so worth it!

Posted on February 17th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Pinto Lord with my profoundly disabled daughter for over 20 years. My daughter has a very rare syndrome that even Childrens Hospital in Boston couldn't figure out. She has guided us through our journey and has been very supportive and always available with getting prescriptions refilled and returning calls. She does not over medicate our children, as my daughter who suffers from a seizure disorder is on only 2 medications, which always astounds others in the medical profession expecting her to be on multiple meds. She can sometimes seem extremely blunt when diagnosing but I have always appreciated this trait as I always felt I was completely informed. I would highly recommend her.

Posted on September 26th, 2010

Great doctor. Very knowledgeable and always showed her sources as to what she was trying to explain to me. very caring and she seemed very smart.

Posted on May 18th, 2009

My 5 year old son was taken to this Dr. by his father and step-mother and was put on Focalin without my knowledge or consent. My son does not need any kind of medication in my opinion. He is a typical 5 year old that has some issues processing the lack of consistancy in lis life due to a chaotic custody arrangement. He needs to be in counciling learning proper coping skills rather than being taught from age 5 that taking a pill will help you out. This is a very dangerous and addictive medication with some serious side effects and it isnt even approved for childern under 6. But, after one visit, this doctor figured it would be great for my son?!?!? I would seriously reconsider if you were thinking of bringing your child to this doctor.