Dr. Cecilia Hurst MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

July 17th, 2012
Great Doctor!!
I recently went to see Dr. Tran for an ENT issue. She was an excellent listener and very knowledgeable. She couldn't have been nicer. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs to see an otolaryngologist.

November 11th, 2010
Horrible billing, just looking for surgery
I saw Dr. Tran for an on-going sinus issue and had the same experience as the other reviewer. My "outpatient surgery" aka scope up my nose, ended up running me $350. Last time I check, you had to consent to surgery. Within the first 15 minutes, she had suggest that I was a great candidate for sinus surgery. Of course non-surgery treatment options wouldn't bring in the profit. AVOID THIS PRACTICE - HIGHLY UNETHICAL.

September 15th, 2010
Underhanded Billing Methods
I was recently seen by Dr. Tran for a follow-up consultation. I spent a total of 10 minutes in her office with her... and then I get a statement from my insurance company saying that I owe a $250 deductible for "Outpatient Surgery" because Dr. Tran stuck something up my nose which is considered "breaking the skin barrier" which is considered surgery. Dr. Tran's office was aware that some insurance companies charge this way but they failed to mention this to me before Dr. Tran performed this procedure. They know what insurance I have, they should have given me the option to refuse the procedure or at least warned me about the potential costs before going forward with it.I will no longer be a patient of Dr. Tran's and I don't recommend Vernick & Gopal's office to anyone looking for an ear, nose or throat specialist. Very unprofessional.