Dr. Cecilia Hurst MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 13th, 2017
Terrible would not recommend
My 13 month old son went to see dr hurst today for his frequent ear infections (3 in 6 weeks). He first had a hearing test and in the first part he clearly failed in his right ear, to myself and the women administering the test she then used a machine to test his hearing and determined it was normal. This was odd to me considering he failed terribly at the first portion of test but I thought I'll talk to The Dr about it. I then went on to see Dr hurst she basically dismissed every concern I had. Said he didn't have an ear infection (I was told he did 2 days ago) he has been on antibiotics so maybe it was better she just kept saying his ears were fine. I continued by telling her he has been up all night screaming he's continuesly diagnosed with ear infections and I wanted to help him. She continued to dismiss my feelings and say he didn't have an ear infection now (which was sort of besides the point) my son was screaming in her office, in her waiting room and visibly in pain!! If you're looking for warm and fuzzy Dr look elsewhere! When I vocalized my concern about the hearing test she just said (over and over) it was determined his hearing was normal. Now I get it I'm not a Dr. she is but I'm trying to be an advocate for my young child and she was completely dismissive of me and everything I had to say. She kept repeating they don't want to just do tubes for someone who's only been having trouble for 6 weeks when I continued by saying ya but 11 dr visits and 3 ear infections in 6 weeks doesn't seem normal she just kept repeating he doesn't have an ear infection now. I continued by telling her we were there Sunday (today is Tuesday) and he did have one, it almost seemed like she thought he was misdiagnosed but wouldn't say it when I asked. She also told me to continue his 3 rd round of antibiotics in 6 weeks. I expressed my concern about that she dismissed it. In conclusion it was a complete waste of my time and money I strongly recommend going elsewhere as o now have to do for a second opinion. I cried the whole time in her office and she continued to dismiss my feelings and say what she thought. She didn't care about my thoughts, I had so many more questions that I couldn't ask because I was so uncomfortable with her. I didn't want the answer to be surgery but I wanted some sort of answer. She gave me nothing. Do some research and choose wisely especially if you are the only voice for your baby! Oh also I waited about an hour for her with a screaming one year old.

July 17th, 2012
Great Doctor!!
I recently went to see Dr. Tran for an ENT issue. She was an excellent listener and very knowledgeable. She couldn't have been nicer. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs to see an otolaryngologist.

November 11th, 2010
Horrible billing, just looking for surgery
I saw Dr. Tran for an on-going sinus issue and had the same experience as the other reviewer. My "outpatient surgery" aka scope up my nose, ended up running me $350. Last time I check, you had to consent to surgery. Within the first 15 minutes, she had suggest that I was a great candidate for sinus surgery. Of course non-surgery treatment options wouldn't bring in the profit. AVOID THIS PRACTICE - HIGHLY UNETHICAL.

September 15th, 2010
Underhanded Billing Methods
I was recently seen by Dr. Tran for a follow-up consultation. I spent a total of 10 minutes in her office with her... and then I get a statement from my insurance company saying that I owe a $250 deductible for "Outpatient Surgery" because Dr. Tran stuck something up my nose which is considered "breaking the skin barrier" which is considered surgery. Dr. Tran's office was aware that some insurance companies charge this way but they failed to mention this to me before Dr. Tran performed this procedure. They know what insurance I have, they should have given me the option to refuse the procedure or at least warned me about the potential costs before going forward with it.I will no longer be a patient of Dr. Tran's and I don't recommend Vernick & Gopal's office to anyone looking for an ear, nose or throat specialist. Very unprofessional.

September 28th, 2016