Dr. Celeste Brabec MD Patient Reviews

2.0

• Good
  • Bad

January 16th, 2017
Uncompastionate, abrasive, quick to jump to conclusions
Talks too fast and in circles. If you are slightly over 30 and have slightly elevated hormone levels, the talk will be all negative, scary and leave you thinking donor eggs is the only way! They stack their numbers for success, meaning she will cancel mid cycle after all meds and money wasted because she thinks it has the chance to fail, and or not even treat you unless you use donor eggs for fear of failure messing with thier statistics. Misdiagnosed and made to feel frightened about my chances. She will rush you into every aspect of decision making, and she will rush through procedures causing lots of pain. Her behavior is far beyond bedside manner. Unethical, no compassion, rude are all things we don't need while going through such a delicate process! Please go somewhere else. This place is smoke and mirrors!

November 2nd, 2013
I had a terrific experience with Dr. Brabec. She spent time with my husband and me and gave us various options. Their staff was very helpful and made us feel comfortable. We had tried another clinic in KC with no success. We did IVF with pgs as I am approaching 40. We're now pregnant and couldn't be happier with their office.

August 31st, 2013
I wish I could leave a rating of Zero stars
The two nurse practioners and office staff we worked with were all very friendly and courteous. That cannot be said for Dr Brabec. As someone else mentioned, listening to her is comparable to the line that a used car salesman might try to lure you in for a "great deal". As a health professional myself, I had to work hard to try to keep up with the speed she hit us with information and her opinions. She behaves as if she doesn't have any time to spend with the patients as evidenced by our first consultation and then never seeing her during the initial ivf process until she finally gave us the option to cancel our ivf cycle when my E2 was over 8000. I would have appreciated having the cycle cancelled earlier so I could have at least saved the medications for the next attempt. Warning flags should have gone up when a few days following our initial consultation I went to my local pharmacy and she had sent scripts in for birth control pills, antibiotics, and steroids. I can also say that her technique is as rushed and rough as her bedside manner. She did my hsg and I experienced severe pain. Every procedure she did hurt. I've been to other RE's and never had pain like that. If you go to her, prepare to be hustled. I believe it is her goal to bilk patients out of as much money as possible. At our initial consultation, they scooted us to the lab and had several different labs drawn including the $1000+ lab for pgs testing even though we were not completely sold on it. After a consultation with another RE, we discovered that Brabec wasn't even accurate in her description of the benefits of pgs testing and wasn't completely honest about the risks to the embryos with pgs testing. I forgot to mention that she added a $2000 + medication to our ivf protocol without letting us know. Our check for our ivf cycle was cashed the day after we paid. It took several weeks, phone calls, and emails to finally get our refund on our cancelled ivf cycle. I cannot imagine this clinic being successful for any amount of time without Brabec adding a personable and capable partner. Don't waste your time and energy here unless you want a good laugh.
Doctor's Response

We very much appreciate your input and would love to have known about your concerns at the time of treatment. We operate our practice with the highest ethics, morals and customer service possible. We work in tandem with our patients to establish a treatment protocol that offers an individual the best chance of success while fitting within the financial budget of those involved. If a patient is ever concerned about a treatment protocol or not interested in moving forward—they have all the power to go in the direction that is best for them. It is our office protocol to have labs drawn after an initial consultation as it is with most fertility clinics in the US. We would never want any of our patients to feel hustled. We wish we could get every patient pregnant so that they would be happy with the result but unfortunately that doesn’t always happen. We welcome you to contact us as we would like to do what we can to correct any misperceptions. We thank you for sharing your opinion.

April 17th, 2013
Go somewhere else.
My wife and I recently visited this office with general questions and problems we have been having. Dr and nurse both gave no other options than IVF before even looking at other factors that could be tried before spending 20000.00 on IVF. When asked about other options it was shot down before even considering. MD spoke very quickly and could never figure out what she was talking about. I felt like I was more getting pitched a line from a sales person than being a patient trying to figure out options to try to get pregnant. I understand IVF is always a last resort option that has its benefits, but it would have been nice to have a few other options on the table that we could attempt to try.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your input. The infertility journey is a difficult road. We are very straight-forward with our patients and offer them the most cost effective route for their given situation. Time is also of the essence when dealing with fertility. As difficult as this may sound, the success rates are best with IVF verses a natural cycle or IUI. Other options may just delay the timing of getting to IVF and cost a patient valuable time and money. Our medical guidance is based on years of experience and thousands of patients traveling the same road. We only offer our patients the options that are most effective in helping them have a child in the safest and most cost-effective manner. We are also very passionate about what we do and we would never want have a misconception regarding our intent. We provide our patients with a solid treatment plan and it is their option to select what best fits their needs. Infertility treatment can be very stressful financially, emotionally and physically. We understand as our team provides care plans for patients every day. We thank you for your insight as it helps us provide even better customer service.

November 15th, 2010
The office staff and nurses are very caring and thoughtful. We have been going to Dr. Brabec off and on for a year and we have only had maybe 30 minutes face time with her. The rest of our time is spent with her nurse (who is incredible). We always feel rushed with Dr. Brabec, like we are putting her out by asking questions. This is of course an important decision we are making and we would like to be well informed. The seminar the staff puts on (not sure how often) is extremely informative. I trust that Dr. Brabec knows her medical field, just wish the bedside manner was better.

September 28th, 2010
Worst doctor on this earth
Please avoid this doctor at any cost. She is so uncompassionate and bad. She advised us to undergo egg donor IVF cycle for no reason (may be that she would make big bucks). But later my wife conceived naturally. She will wrong diagnose and her medical knowledge is very poor.She did one IVF cycle for us, which obviously did not work because of her bad technique. She did an awful egg retrieval procedure and my wife was in severe pain for a week and we went to see her because of this pain and my wife said she has severe pain. This Brabec shouted at my wife and asked her-how severe the pain is? If it is so severe you can not sit like this and you will be lying on the ground. So, she is very uncompassionate. At least she should be humane if she is working with IVF patients because the patients will already be under so much of grief. She also does not follow up with her patients. She is one of the worst doctors to go to. Please avoid her!

August 10th, 2010
Not the best
Dr.Brabec does not sugar-coat. She will be honest with you if you ask. They are very thorough at RRC but as far as treatment goes they are not exactly on the cutting edge. I was diagnosed with dimished ovarian reserve. If you get this diagnosis go somewhere else like St.Louis or Colorado-somewhere where they specialize in treating women with this problem. Brabec tried one protocol that was supposed to be more aggresive and when I didnt respond they tried to put me on the same protocol the next cycle. I had to do my own research and suggest a different protocol which actually worked for me. However it ended up no being successful. If I had to do it over again I would go out of state.

June 21st, 2010
So far so good
So far we have been impressed. She is very aggressive in her treatment, which is what we wanted. Long wait times at the clinic. We start our first IUI soon and are hopeful. She is very knowledgable, though explained things very quickly. I had to go back and reexplain to my husband.

May 21st, 2010
Not only did she breeze over our medical history & misread important information( but later caught it), she hurried through the consultation and did not explain anything. I was told she was the best by several drs in the area so my husband and I decided to stick it out with her if it means we would have a better chance of conceiving, but things just got worse and worse. Her nurse forgot to follow up with me after she schedule me for a iui. She called in femara but forgot to schedule my ultrasound and order the letrazole until I called her. The breaking point was when the nurse misdiagnosed me with an infectious disease over the phone that later turned out to be a false positive confirmed by a visit to the infectious disease specialist. The nurse stated that my hep c screening value was too high to be retested by the clinic so most likely I am positive for hep C! The infectious disease dr that I went to showed me the lab result from the screening and it stated that I had a WEAK POSITIVE and supplemental testing was needed to confirm.

September 11th, 2009
Completely misdiagnosed
This doctor completely misdiagnosed me, went way too fast, and did not offer all options available. Instead, she tried to push me into IVF right away and put me on a drug inappropriately. Thankfully, a second opinion corrected the misdiagnosis and ALL the incorrect information given and I got pregnant easily without IVF!

October 1st, 2008
Good staff.
Her staff is very good and prompt when it comes to your questions.

September 13th, 2015