Dr. Celia Dominguez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 3rd, 2016
Thank you Dr. Dominguez!
Much thanks to Dr. Dominguez and her staff, my husband and I welcomed a healthy baby girl 3 weeks ago. She is a compassionate and dedicated doctor who loves her work and really cares about her patients. Facing infertility is a struggle for any couple, and I'm glad we found Dr. Dominguez. Thank you Dr. Dominguez for making our dream of becoming parents come true!

July 13th, 2016
We are expecting our son next month. We are grateful to have worked with Dr Dominguez in growing our family. Her compassion, approachability and honesty have helped us through this journey. We will never forget all she has done for us!

July 11th, 2016
You're crazy if you don't go to her!!
I LOVE HERRRRRR!!!!! My spouse and I have seen a few other IVF clinics and they have totally treated us like it was a transaction. Not only was she personable but I felt like she was family!! I totally trust her and professionalism! By the way, her staff is amazing!!!! We hope to undergo another procedure and she's the only one I trust! She's is our fairy baby mother and I would highly recommend her to anyone who is inquiring!

January 28th, 2016
Dr. D is the ONLY fertility doctor you need!!
If you are serious about getting pregnant, you NEED to see Dr. Dominguez!!! My journey to get to this point spanned 7 years and included acupuncture, Chinese herbs, supplements, abdominal massage, Clear Passage physical therapy, 7 IUI’s, 2 IVF’s and one “other” fertility doctor. I always suspected I would have a hard time getting pregnant since I have a history of abdominal adhesions due to a birth defect (gastroschisis). After about a year of trying and a host of “natural” treatments, I knew that I needed to seek professional help. The first fertility doctor that I saw (he is very well known in Hawaii for infertility) was informed of my medical history but did not seem to think it was an issue soooo….if the expert is not worried about it then why should I?? I proceeded with the standard hormone tests (ended up with elevated prolactin which he also did not seem too concerned about) and then went to IUI’s. After about 4 failed IUI’s I started to inquire about IVF. My doctor was like oh, you want to try it? Before I did the IVF he did a hysteroscopy on my – afterwards I had to pry him for any information about the procedure and all he said was “oh, just a couple of small polyps which we cut of…everything is okay now” as he shooed me out of his office. I went through Pacific In Vitro for my IVF, where you end up seeing an array of doctors…one of which was Dr. Dominquez. I noticed right away that she was completely different than the other doctors – very detailed took the time to actually explain what she was doing. After the first IVF failed I took some time off from trying. When I was ready to get back on the horse, I knew I had to see Dr. D!! When I had my first consultation with her, she walked into the office with her nose in my very large medical file. I thought “oh crap, I’m screwed!!” She started to make a list of all of the things that we needed to “address”, the first of which was the abdominal scarring from my gastroschisis. This is when I knew I had finally found the person that was going to help me get pregnant. The first thing she had me do was another hysteroscopy along with an HSG. When I was waking up from recovery, Dr. D stopped by my room to tell me that she had found a uterine septum (Google it), which she was able to successfully remove. It turns out that a septum can be a huge factor in implantation of an embryo!!! (funny that my first doctor failed to see this septum when he did his hysteroscopy!!) She also confirmed scar around my ovaries. I was then ready for my second IVF (also through Pacific In Vitro) but this time, Dr. D made it a point to see me for EVERY appointment. She was in complete control over my cycle and did everything from start to finish because I was HER patient. I ended up with a chemical pregnancy, which was great news because at least something implanted!!! Luckily I had two extra embryos that I was able to freeze. You would think things would be simple with a frozen embryo transfer but nooooo. Dr. D started me off on the standard estrogen regiment to prep my lining. I turns out “Asian” women sometime over respond to this (lucky me!!) which caused my lining to be too thick and also contract!! She canceled my cycle and restarted with a much lower dosage estrogen…I am happy to report that I am now 18 weeks pregnant with my baby girl : ) I know that I owe it ALLLLLLL to Dr. D. She took me seriously and investigated all the factors, made sure that she addressed EVERYTHING and didn’t just try “playing the odds” with me, which is what I suspect a lot of the other doctors do (after all, it is a business!!) Again, if you are serious about getting pregnant and you want to be more than just another patient, you NEED to see Dr. D!!!!!!!!!

January 7th, 2016
Best in the Business
We were truly impressed by Dr. D and her staff! To find a medical team like this is a rare and special thing. Not only are they knowledgeable, but also caring AND passionate about helping couples conceive. We were treated like family from day one and were realistically informed about the steps we would need to take in order to make pregnancy more likely. While Dr. D didn't guarantee us that we could get pregnant, she made the process a hopeful one and offered lots of encouragement along the way. We are now 13 weeks pregnant and beyond grateful for the help provided by Dr. D and her team.

June 10th, 2015
Awesome doctor! She's the best of the best! Rare to find a doctor like her nowadays!

May 31st, 2015
She's the best doctor I've ever met in my life. She cares and works so hard for patients every day. She is passionate about what she does and truly cares about patient. I highly recommend her. I'm so blessed to have been patient of her,

May 29th, 2015
BELIEVE!
A doctor with a big heart. She treats her patients as family. We both have problems and it was disheartening, we were losing hope. We've been to another fertility doctor before and we felt that they are only after our money because after the first appointment we were never given an option at all so we stopped for a while. Back in 2011 my wife was already hearing about Dr. D and had a good feedback from her patients. We finally decided to see her. Our first appointment was a blessing. We felt her sincerity to help couples to conceive. We renewed our hope. She checked all our medical issues and told us that she will fix us first before doing anything else. She also did hysteroscopy to my wife to clean and remove cyst, scars and endometriosis on her uterus. She prescribed clomid to me and with the help of the herbs from my acupuncturist, my sperm count went up. My wife is already 14 weeks pregnant with twins with the help of Dr. D, her sincerity and words of encouragement of not giving up. It was not an easy journey but we put our trust to her. We cannot thank God enough for Dr. D. He directed us to the right doctor. Thank you Dr. D and staff for your compassion and dedication to your profession and care to your patient. God bless you and we love you!

May 9th, 2015
A MIRACLE DOCTOR - BEYOND EXCELLENT
I am 34 years old. I been trying to have a baby for 5 years now. I got married at 29 and ever since been after our dream of being parents. I got pregnant 3 times and had miscarriages on the first weeks of each pregancy. Went to dr berry on maui (i live on maui) he said "bad luck" keep trying. Went to multiple docs at maui medical group and maui community clinic. They all would tell me basically it was bad luck.....my intuition was telling me that something was really wrong....didnt know who to consult at all....i felt soo lost!!!like i was trying to find the right direction but falling into holes all the time....horrible feeling. Heard about a doc on maui that was a fertility doc and thought " ok, this is my only option, im going meet with him", dr fratarelli was his name. I got there with hubby so hopeful thinking "now is our time to work it out!:)"....after meeting with him i felt he just cared about the money....no human feelings....no empathy or care wathsoever!!i ran as fast as i could fron his office and again on the hussle.....a year went by and i decided to start with the search again, i dont know how but i had the best idea ever and decided to call kapiolani medical center in oahu and ask for help. A lady answers the phone and i told her my story, i think she felt the desesperation in my voice and responded " there are 3 docs that are really good, here is their info. She gave me three names and the third one was an hispanic name "celia dominguez", i am originally from argentina. i asked the lady " is she hispanic?", and she said ....yeah!! .....OMG!I bursted into tears!!!couldnt believe it!!inmediately booked an appointment and took the first flight of many to oahu :))))). First visit : an incredibly warm, personable, patient, detailed, knowledgable, proffessional woman. I explained to her all of my story, she went through every single one of my medical reports with me for one hour, she then he did an ultrasound and inmediatley detected i had 2 cyst in my right ovary of 2.5 and 4 cm. She explained that this could be endometriosis and the reason why i was loosing my babies. She saw my medical history and told me i also needed heparin as i am diagnosed with thrombophilia (blood clotting). She inmediately ordered everything and told me to come in a few weeks and that if the cyst wasnt gone she would do laparoscopy on me. 2 months later i decided surgery was the next step...scared to death to do it as the problem was in my ovary and i didnt wanted to get worse. Surgery absolutely succesful!, she is soo knowledgable that i barely had pain. I came back and ovary looking amazing :) she unblocked my tubes too!. I was so happy to know that finally i was able to get things done instead of just wasting time and throwing my money into doctors that dont even know or care!. We decided to move to invitro. We had first face done :fertilization. I had 18 eggs that fertilized so far out of 23 and in two weeks i will be 35. She said that was awesome news!i cant wait to finish my procedure and have the great news that we r pregnant!she is trully the "one in a million kind", i hope that the girls that are out there trying to become moms read this and get to meet her and trust her knowledge, she is so dedicated and loving, she goes to conferences all the time amd get the latest news in reproduction, i can tell she loves what she does and it shows. If you want to make your dream come true u should come and see her. She was the only one in 5 years to tell me exactly why i lost my pregnancies and how to overcome that and be succesful. As long as she stays in the business i know there is still hope :)))!!!infinit mega huge thanks to dr D!!!!we love u!

May 9th, 2015
The Best of the Best!
Dr. Dominguez is the Best! She treated my back pain when no one else could help me! I thought I had to live with chronic back pain for the rest of my life! I had a lot of problems with hormone and early menopause & she has been the only doctor who knows what to do!

January 11th, 2015
Dr. Celia...the doctor with a big heart
I am a chemistry graduate student and I could tell that Dr. Celia has an excellent technical expertise. She is able to answer all my questions with a sound biochemical basis. She can explain every concern that a client would like to know. I really enjoyed my conversations with her because she can ease my worries. She is very professional and has a deep sense of values. Dr. Celia is not only concerned with medical needs but she has also the heart to cater to emotional needs. She is very caring and understanding to all doubts and fears. She encourages her clients to never give up. Actually, my wife and I have already quitted but she gave us a hope to continue our dream of having a baby. She is a physician with a genuine mother’s heart. She gives free shots to financially challenged patients. Her staff is very accommodating as well. You can always feel their warmth the way they deal with patients. They treat everyone as friends. As I am writing this review, my wife is already on her 15th week! We can’t thank God enough for Dr. Celia and her staff.

June 22nd, 2014
Dr. Dominguez is a great doctor and her staff are also great!! She is very knowledgeable in her field and very caring. I went to her because I had Hyperthyroidism and she went above and beyond to get me feeling better.Thanks to her I no longer have thyroid problems and now I'm expecting and baby in December. Whenever I have a question she has always been there to answer them and always call back to make sure everything is better.