Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
by Rafael Rodriguez on May 21st, 2015

My entire family has visited this clinic in all it's areas of medical expertise and it has been a blessing in all its forms. She truly is medically talented in all she does. Amazing results !

Freedom Of Speach show details Freedom Of Speach
by Thankful on Feb 28th, 2015

I read most of the reviews on Dr. Mendes and the one from f army wife. It’s wonderful to hear positive feedback, and confusing negative reviews about Dr. Mendes. Mostly confused by army wife’s comments and wondered if there were other issues going on in her life. If anyone read her message, truly Tri-Care would have a problem if the wrong information was on the report. If you can’t spell the procedure that you had, then you must have been at the wrong doctor’s office. Those that wrote about the waiting time, truly all great doctors get a little behind. Some patients have more questions and concerns than others. When it’s your turn, do you think about the person that is waiting to see Dr. Mendes? NO!!! If you can walk in a doctor’s office and be seen within 20-30 mins, you are still placed in a room for another 15-20 mins. However, before you place the blame on Dr. Mendes, check the patients that are so needy. Blame it on the patient that wants to be treated like a diva. So willing to put a negative review, because, she believed that she was more important than you. Blame the patient that had a miscarriage and needs to be assured that she can have more children. Or blame the patient that just received her test that she has cancer of the ovaries and will never bear children. I've waited just like you, hearing quite words, soft crying and whispers. I took that time and Thank God for my health and prayed for the person in the room next to me. So when you are in the room waiting to see the doctor and can hear, because the walls are thin, listen careful before you place judgment. Stand up and look in the mirror behind you, and thank God that your problems are not as bad as the person in the next room. As for the PA’/NPA be kind and forefront, tell her honestly: I prefer to speak with the Dr. Mendes. I don’t want to go visit a doctor who spends 15 mins with me because that what the insurance company allows for each patient. Or speed me through to get to the next patient. As for the staff at the office, anyone that has been to Dr. Mendes office knows Jennifer. If you every report any wrong doings, and are having a bad experience she will tell Dr. Mendes. And surly that person would no longer be working at that office. I don’t know Dr. Mendes on a personal level to speak of what type of person she is. However, I have known her for over 9 years on a professional level. I’m happy to say that out of all the doctors that I've been too in Raleigh and Fayetteville, Dr. Mendes has always been honest, and I trust her without a doubt. It’s great to be living in a country where we have freedom of speech. I hope Dr. Mendes don’t take to heart some of the words I've read in these reviews. if you don’t want to wait, leave. Write a letter and explain why you don’t want to pay for the visit. I choose to wait for “GREATNESS, HONESTY and TRUTH. Nope Dr. Mendes isn't perfect, God didn't make anyone perfect. However, Dr. Mendes is one of the best doctors I know in both fields.

This Dr. cares! show details This Dr. cares!
by Sima M. on Feb 18th, 2015

I have known Dr. Mendes since I was a teenager, and have been a patient of hers for 10 years! She is so kind, compassionate, caring, and always shows concern for any issue I was having. She would always follow up with me to make sure I was ok. She always spent time with me and went over stuff with me as if I was her only patient of the day. I always feel comfortable in this office! Everyone is so friendly and caring! The staff and providers always greet me with a smile. It's a very pleasant experience from the moment I walk in until I leave. Dr. Mendes, Mrs. Arth, and Ms. Ruppe are all very knowledgeable in what they do and are very pleasant to deal with! They all are very kind, gentle, and have very caring hearts! They take their time with you and don't stop until they have found the right treatment for you. I also have been Dr. Mendes' patient on the aesthetic side and I can honestly say she is very very talented and knows what she is doing! I love that she is meticulous, honest, and has an eye for beauty, and, most importantly, has wonderful blessed hands! If you are a woman who cares about your health and beauty this is the office for you! I highly recommend Dr. Mendes to any and everyone!

Best doctor ever show details Best doctor ever
by May Hamed on Feb 10th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Mendes for 14 years. She is very highly experienced, very conservative, and she knows what she is doing extremely well!! Not only she is very caring she is very meticulous by taking her great time with me 😄with lots of confidence I recommend her very highly to all the great ladies who want to look fabulous.

by shc on Feb 9th, 2015

I am so impressed with Dr. Mendes. She is a confident physician with a delightful bedside manner. She spent a long time with me explaining the procedure to me as well as the risks. I did not ever feel rushed when she was in the room. I felt like she was there to see me and to make me feel "at ease" about my questions. Dr. Mendes does an excellent job at botox as well as fillers. She is conservative and i like that about her. She is not there to put in many syringes just to make money. She truely cares about how you are going to look. I have even talked to her about hormonal replacement while i was there for botox. She sat down and explained options that I had and said she would love to see me as a patient if I needed her. Once again, she did not "push" me into seeing her....she just said she was there for me if I needed her as a gynecologist. I work in the OR and i have been told by many people that work in the field as well as Vendor Representatives that she is highly skilled with the vaser liposuction. I personally know two people who have had the vase lipo and they are pleased. they would rate their results a 10 out of 10. She truely cares for her patients. Overall, I give her a 10 of 10. Nice lady. Professional Doctor. Oh yea, and her staff is exceptional. From the front desk on..... Jennifer is wonderful, personal, professional and caring. She will not talk you into getting treatments done to make money.

by JMS on Feb 9th, 2015

Wow with reference to the army wife comments, I really think that this patient was at the wrong office. I have know DR Celia Mendes on a professional and personal basis for 8 years. Dr Celia Mendes I can promise does NOT operate her practice in this matter. This person I assure you was confused and not at Dr Mendes's office.

OFFICE MANAGER show details OFFICE MANAGER
by MRS SHERMAN on Feb 9th, 2015

I have been employed by Dr Mendes for seven years. The review from "army wife" is simply untrue. I am in a position to know if we have had any complaints such as described in this review. I am the person who personally handles requests for release of medical information. There has not been any incident such as she describes. If any part of this story is true, it happened longer than 6-7 years ago. I sincerely doubt the veracity of this review as it is certainly not consistent with our standards of practice

Dec 26th, 2014

this doctor says one thing, but does the opposite. I don't believe her at all.

Oct 26th, 2014

I had the chance to see a few nurses in action. Amazing work developed. Sometimes the people who are considered invisible are the most important staff. Organization, prioritization, and safety. Congratulations. In fact, there are people who really know what they are doing... Congratulations Dr. Mendes.

Oct 4th, 2014

Very professional and polite staff. It has an excellent manager. It seems a very well organized team. It is visible some the dynamics in the office.

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
Jul 14th, 2014

LOVED the office. Very beautiful! I was able to get an appointment as a new patient within a few days. I had to wait about 30 minutes after I filled out paper work to see the NP. However, Rebecca, was awesome. Explained everything to me! Highly Recommend this office.

Jun 10th, 2014

Money, money. Where is the money? Very greedy doctor with an exceptional staff...

Feb 26th, 2014

The staff is really great and professional. Dr. Mendes is very kind; however, very unprofessional. She is not ever on time. Her kindness doe not pay my bills. My time is money as well. Her time buys gold; my time pays my bills.

Five star rating and more. show details Five star rating and more.
by Lana L on Jan 22nd, 2014

Dr, Mendes is very kind and always makes me feel totally at ease. I'm so happy to have found her. She's the best!!!

A Wonderful Surprise show details A Wonderful Surprise
by Robyn Doersam on Oct 7th, 2013

I titled my review as a surprise for one rather important reason. I picked this office because a friend of mine referred me and the other is this office is listed as my network provider. Prior to the visit I did research and there were some very bad reviews, actually they would make a person who suffers from doctor anxiety (me) to think twice about going there. Well, I personally am the type who is the first in line to see a movie when the critics destroy it simply because I like to make form my own opinion. Frankly? I am not sure where those other people went or who they saw but I can honestly say that this was the best experience I have ever had when it comes to a medical appointment. The staff were wonderful and trust me I was a giant ball of nerves. They calmed me down, were efficient and very timely. I will also state without a doubt that Rebecca Arth, Nurse Practitioner is a total gem. I have had two children and have had my share of ob-gyn visits which are never pleasant but for the first time in my life I was totally comfortable, was treated like a person and not a number and was given their full attention from the moment in to the moment I left. Again, I am not sure about those who complained but from someone who is not easy to please and can be very critical (me), on a scale of 1-10..well cliché it may be but I give them 11.

would never go back! show details would never go back!
Apr 19th, 2013

Perhaps one of the worst experience ever! Her PA was useless and did not make any great recomendations about anything! Talked to me like I was less of a person. Would not recommend her to anyone! They only seem to care about the money

by Bea on Mar 21st, 2013

Long WAIT! Didn't even see the Dr. show details Long WAIT! Didn't even see the Dr.
Jan 29th, 2013

When I called I got an appointment the very next day which was awesome but I'm going in there for a gynecologist not all these cosmetic things which I think take priority. Well that wasn't really the issue, I made an appointment to see Dr. Mendes, however after waiting an hour in the waiting room, another 10 min in a separate waiting area after getting my weight, bp, etc. I was finally put into a room to wait another 30 min for a nurse practitioner. Now I have nothing against NPs but I made an appointment to see Dr. Mendes, not NP so and so. It was only an annual so it wasn't that big of a deal but be fair warned you probably won't see Dr. Mendes if you go to this practice.

Nov 4th, 2012

There is a lack of professionalism and cultural background. If you come into this office, you will need emtional help.

Money - Money show details Money - Money
Aug 31st, 2012

Every thing this Dr. does is amatter of money. Purses, Spa. Dr could have read all the medical books; however, she needs a big book about being human.

Great juvederm results! show details Great juvederm results!
by Jennifer from ny on Apr 2nd, 2012

Celia is a great doctor. She is caring and made me feel at home. She talked me through whole process and took photos along the way. The injections were not painful cause she applies numbing cream. I was so nervous about the outcome but I love it! I highly recommend Celia for juvederm injections!

please read full review... show details please read full review...
Oct 13th, 2011

It all started out great, I quickly received an appointment with the offfice. The office was decorated beautifully, and the nurse who did my intitial paperwork and weight and blood pressure were wonderful and polite. They repeatly welcomed me to the office...great right? Then I was put in a room and told the Dr would be right in. I sat in there for almost an hour. Then her PA or NP, I think her name was Rupp, came into the room. She doesn't listen to you at all. She just wanted to to put me on meds that I didn't want to be put on. She repeatly was trying to get me on a medicine that has a lot of side effects. I had already had an ultrasound the month before but that was not good enough, she wants one done in her office. This was one of the worst experience in my life. By the way, the walls are really thin and you can hear all the conversions going on in the other rooms and hear the nurses in the hall talk about putting additional coding on the insurance documents in order for the insurance company to pay more. Then the check-out, they sell purse,jewerly and hair bows...just what I want to get a PAP and purse...NOT!

don't come here show details don't come here
Oct 11th, 2011

Do not come to this doctors office. You will waiting for years, in the waiting room, and even when you go to the back to wait for the doctor. They will even call your child for an appointment and harass them, not the primary care taker. They gave me a supply of birth control that my insurance doesn't even take!! Screw ups!

Rating obviousily was obviousily completed by staff show details Rating obviousily was obviousily completed by staff
by former patient on Aug 13th, 2010

Waiting area is nice and comforting. General staff is always courteous. But Dr. is always late and rushing. Everything is fine as long as you don't ask questions. Don't expect a follow-up or a return call after serious symptoms displayed. The settings is nice but their is no protocol or professionalism displayed by the rest of the staff.

Dr.Mendes..... show details Dr.Mendes.....
by Citysearch User on Jun 24th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I can`t say enough about how much I appreciate Dr.Mendes. She is a very down to earth, personable Dr. I drive all the way from Cary NC to se...

Dr. Mendes show details Dr. Mendes
by Citysearch User on Apr 23rd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Mendes since she inherited me from my previous gynecologist. I have been very impresses with her and the staff ...

Comfortable Environment show details Comfortable Environment
by Citysearch User on Jan 4th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

This office has a way of making you feel comfortable. The waiting area makes you feel like you are at a friend`s home rather than a doctor`...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Great doctors and staff! show details Great doctors and staff!
by austrian1 on Aug 21st, 2008 on kudzu.com

Visited this doctor's office after a pretty bad experience with another gynecologist and was very pleased with the nice doctors and staff (women only working there). Now I go to the OB-GYN a little more relaxed again... Only con is the long wait for appointments sometimes.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com