A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Cem Akin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Cem Akin, FAAAAI, MD, PHD is board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hypereosinophilic Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Akin graduated from Istanbul Universitesi, Cerrahpasa.
Dr. Akin has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 13 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan