Internist, Cardiologist (heart)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Poor Excuse for a Doctor  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2013

Doctor Alberte-Lista, MD initially came across as being very knowledgeable in the area of cardiology and more specifically pacemakers. In February of 2012 he placed my pacemaker. I awoke in recovery with severe chest and back pain, shortness of breath, nausea, and covered in sweat. Dr. Alberte-Lista said these symptoms were a result of my heart rate having increased dramatically from the new pacemaker and assured me that it was not a heart attack. The pain continued and his response was to give me pain killers such as Tylenol with Codene. He did not give aspirin or nitroglycerin in case it was a heart attack. The severe pain and other symptoms continued for hours and I was eventually moved to a room post-op. As it turned out I was indeed having a heart attack and he failed to diagnose it. Then to top things off after they realized from the sonogram that I had the heart attack he comes in and tells me that I had "an event" with my heart and did a fairly good job confusing my wife and I. I wasn't until about an hour later when the cardiac surgeon came to see me did I find out that this "event" was a heart attack. The new surgeon informed me that they wanted to go in and place a stint in an artery along the bottom half of my heart, but they had to wait several hours because Dr. Alberte-Lista had allowed them to feed me after finding out the results of the sonogram. A cardiologist that cannot recognize a heart attack when it is right in front him with ALL the typical symptoms should not be practicing this type of medicine. He did do an excellent job on the pacemaker placement. I have had no problems with it in the last year and it is working well.