Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
infant daughter with ear infections show details infant daughter with ear infections
by Emily on Dec 17th, 2014

We were referred to Dr. D for recurrent ear infections with my daughter. I was hesitant to proceed with this dr's suggestion of tubes because of the negative comments I read online. I am very glad I ignored the reviews and proceeded with the surgery. Dr. D took the time to squeeze us in for surgery before my husband went out of town so he could be present for the surgery. He throughly explained the procedure to us and quickly calmed our nerves. I highly recommend this doctor and feel ashamed of myself for listening to others negatively before I made my own judgment. No ear infections since!!

Seriously displeased show details Seriously displeased
Nov 22nd, 2011

I found Dr. Dionisio to exhibit the worse bedside manner I have ever witnessed in any doctor in my lifetime. He would not listen and he bristled when I asked questions. His solution to my sudden hearing loss due to radiation and chemotherapy was surgery for implantation of tubes in both ears in order to drain the fluid from them. Dubious about the need to do both ears at once, I cancelled the surgery and sought a second opinion elsewhere, where I learned that wax buildup was partially responsible for hearing loss and a prescription nasal spray would clear up the fluid existing in only one ear, further reducing hearing loss. The second doctor was convinced tube implantation was an extreme measure and there were a couple of less invasive steps to try first. I cannot recommend Dr. Dionisio at all.

A waste of time & money to go to this doctor show details A waste of time & money to go to this doctor
Mar 4th, 2011

Waste of time and money going to this doctor. I have gone to see him a half dozen times and he has done nothing for me. I would say his max time he was in the exam room with me was 2 minutes...in-and-out.Records were in fact faxed to his office from my primary care physician and this doctor claimed me never got them. He doesn't listen to what you have to say- more of a blow off in my opinion. I refuse to go back to him any more and my primary care physician has referred me to another ENT in Liverpool, NY- Dr. Charles Woods. At least Dr. Woods spends a decent amount of time with you and really listens.

Not recommended show details Not recommended
Dec 15th, 2010

Physician spends little time in exam room, does a quick check and is done. Does not listen to patient, has "blown me off," and has not addressed the problem. Medical records were faxed to his office and they never made it into my records in his office. I do not recommend going to this doctor at all. I am very disappointed in the (lack of) quality medical service this physician provides.

Not Happy show details Not Happy
by Unhappy Mom on May 28th, 2010

After taking my daughter to see Dr. Dionisio for tubes tonsils and adenoids and having the adenoids "removed" TWICE I was unhappy. My daughter also had 2 hospitalizations due to ruptured ear drums leading to the ear drum swelling SHUT and an inner ear infection (Mastoiditis I believe) He completely disregarded the 2nd visit to him in 3 days. The same exact thing happened 11 months later with no results from Dr. Dionisio. Her pediatric Doctor admitted her and after a different ENT evaluated her said that the ENT should have admitted her not her primary Doctor! She is only 7 years old and has slight hearing loss in one ear due to Dr. Dionisio IGNORING my concerns! I quickly switched to a different ENT and having her adenoids revised for the 3rd time and a 3rd set of tubes we are no longer having ear infections WITH tubes and no more hospitalizations! I would NOT recommend Dr. Dionisio to anyone that I care about!

Apr 19th, 2007 on yahoo.com

INCOMPETENT: Waited months for referral that wasn't needed. Made appt at another specialist and were told our insurance was accepted, then told by specialist that it was not. Completely incompetent staff

Read Full Review at yahoo.com