Dr. Chad Abernathey MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Cedar Rapids, IA

• Good
  • Bad

December 9th, 2015
Dr. Abernathy identifies complications from patients previous surgery done by another Cedar Rapids neurosurgeon
Dr. Abernathy was extremely patient, kind, and identified issues causing my pain from previous surgery by other Cedar Rapids Neurosurgeon. He validated my pain and referred me to the University to obtain another opinion for accuracy. He is a wonderful doctor and I would recommend him to anyone who wants an extremely knowledgeable doctor.

September 23rd, 2015
No description of what surgery he was to perform Horrible results

September 21st, 2015
not a better doctor to work with anywhere. he respects your time and gets to the point. he has done three of the four surgeries I have had and if I had known earlier about him he would have done them all.

August 26th, 2015
Great Doctor. My husband has had 4 surgeries with Dr. Abernathy. Very skillful and great at what he does.

June 5th, 2012
Excellent surgeon and caring physician. Well known and well respected. First choice by physicians and their families.

November 12th, 2010
Best neurosurgeon in Iowa
Dr. Abernathey performed a laminectomy on L4/L5 and I totally recovered. No more back pain. The patient who complained about Spinal Stenosis...Dr Abernathey did not cause that. That's a seperate diagnosis and there is no surgical procedute to correct that. Many people with back problems have more than one thing going wrong. Some problems can be addressed with surgery, some cannot.

September 27th, 2010
Not a good choice!!!!
Since I have had two surgeries with him, I am worse. I too have spinal stenosis and he refuses to see me since "there is nothing more I can do". Since three surgeries and multiple trips to the pain clinic, my pain doctor is finally sending me to another surgeon for a reevaluation. The same discs that were "fixed" are still bulging and very painful. BE AWARE as your best intrest is not his best intrest. Run far away.

July 1st, 2009
OVERRATED
i am worse now after he operated than i was before. He didnt help my back .He made it worse. the pain after he "fixed" my herneated disc is disabling. now i have spinal stenosis! dr. abernathey refuses so see me!saying i'm too difficult of a patient. well thats one way to have a good rating: sweep the "hard cases" away. this man has no heart. no empathy. no sympathy. he's a mechanic and i was a machine. He did his part so viola' "im fixed". IF ONLY I WERE! beware of this doctor.

December 27th, 2016