Dr. Chad Kessler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

October 8th, 2015
I did like Dr. Kessler as a doctor. He is very smart and knows what he's talking about. I wasn't completely satisfied with my visit though. It was my first visit so I arrived about 15 minutes early to fill out the usual paperwork. The receptionist was not necessarily rude to me, but she wasn't friendly either. Wouldn't make eye contact with me, never smiled at me, rushed me through the check in process, didn't even have any small talk with me like I usually get at doctor's offices. That wouldn't have bothered me too bad if it wasn't for the fact of how incredibly friendly she was with all the patients that were closer to her age. I'm in my early 20's so I was a good bit younger than her but it didn't make any sense for her to treat me differently than the other patients (I was by far the youngest patient there). You don't do your medical history and all that stuff with the typical pen and paper, you use a tablet type thing. Which was much faster and totally a plus. I had been waiting for awhile whenever a non urgent walk in came in, he requested Dr. Kessler and instead of putting him behind me, the receptionist bumped up the WALK IN over the patient who had a SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. Never even asked me if it was okay. I found that completely ridiculous. I would have completely understood if it was urgent but it wasn't, the patient said himself that he just didn't feel like calling and scheduling an appointment. I sat in the waiting room for about another 30 minutes after the walk in unrightfully took my place. Whenever I was finally called back, I had been waiting for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The MA I dealt with was not friendly, didn't apologize for the long wait, and didn't seem interested at all in anything that I was saying about my symptoms. I thought I would be seen pretty fast once I got into the exam room but I wasn't. I sat in there waiting for a little over 30 minutes before Dr. Kessler finally came in. Whenever he came in he was friendly, smart, knew what he was talking about, and sat up a plan of action for my severe back problems. All of that was great but the only problem with him was that he spent between 3-5 minutes with me tops after I had waited for almost 2 hours to see him and had been pushed behind a walk in. The MA that came in with him was different than the first one and this one didn't even say one word to me or give me a courteous smile. The ONLY reason I will be going back here is because Dr. Kessler is a very good doctor. If he wants to keep business though he definitely needs to get friendlier staff, tell his receptionists that non urgent walk ins don't come before the scheduled patients, get some sort of promptness going on in that office, and spend a little more time with the patients. I would recommend him to people, just not his office.

September 14th, 2015
excellent surgeon

July 18th, 2015
I felt like I was in a factory. I was put in a room after 40 min. wait. Xrays were ordered. I went for the xray across the hall. In less than 10 min. they had given my room away to another patient. I had to wait in a chair in the hall until a room opened up. Felt like I was rushed. Did not really listen. Had a hurried assessment and sent on my way. Would not recommend.

March 11th, 2015
Great doctor. Took plenty of time with me in hospital and office. Very professional& considerate.

June 10th, 2014
Dr Kessler is a very caring and capable physician. His bedside manner is comparable to what you'd expect from a close friend. He takes the time needed to explain and listen. It was apparent to me he cared that I was in pain and that he wanted to help. Thanks to Dr Kessler I am back to normal activity and am no longer suffering!

June 6th, 2014
Great Physician
My experience was wonderful. From the first step into the office i was treated with respect, compassion and concern for my symtoms. He spent extra time in the room and i never felt rushed.

April 12th, 2013
Confused.
This Dr.cared more about my about my converse dr.j basketball shoes than my neck fusion . I guess because he played basketball for the university of ga. He should change his career. Confused DR.

August 9th, 2011
Love this Dr!!!!!
I had neck pain going down my right arm he did an MRI found out what it was and did surgery. Its been a year and still no pain.I would recommend him to anyone.over all GREAT DOCTOR

June 17th, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr. Kessler saved my life. I was in pain every day and within one week of seeing him in the office i was totally back to normal. Thanks Dr. Kessler. In addition his staff is warm and friendly

June 14th, 2011
Don't waste your time with this doctor
He literally saw me for all of 5 minutes during 2 visits. He wouldn't listen to what I had to say or consider it. Left 5 messages within 2 days with no return call. By far worst doctor I've ever seen

February 17th, 2011
The only Doctor I have faith in!!
Dr. Kessler is the greatest orthopaedic surgeon that I have every met. I have seen him for four different orthopaedic problems and diagnosed every problem soon after the first visit.Yes, I had to wait awhile to see him, but he is a spine specialist. His staff was friendly,very helpful and professional. I recommend him to all my friends and family.

March 18th, 2010
Terrible bedside manners
I came to see Dr. Kessler to discuss the results of my MRI to see if I was a good candidate for surgery. Dr. Kessler over books patients. I was in a lot of back pain when I went to see Dr. Chad Kessler. I had to wait an hour and 45 minutes to be seen. First of all, he had an attitude. After spending 2 minutes with me, he wanted to get rid of me. I had to refresh his memory several times about my condition and why I was there. He did not know how to explain things and did not take my pain seriously. I do not recommend Dr. Chad Kessler. To be honest, it was the worse experience I've had in a doctor's office. Learn some bedside manners Dr. Kessler.