Dr. Chad Long MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

November 5th, 2015
I like Dr Long ok and would have stayed at the practice if it hadn't been for his office staff and their policies. They made it very clear I was more of a pay check to them and not a person. Even though I had active status insurance, they refused to schedule me for a procedure or help me.

October 7th, 2013
Great Bedside Manner, Intelligent, Compassionate
I had a pre op lab test and I was found to be severely anemic. My surgery was cancelled and I was sent to the ER to be admitted to find the source of bleeding. Dr. Long was there quickly, I was given blood, iron, had tests, the pill, cam and he came every day. He explained every test, allowed us to as questions, and was kind. I found him to be knowledgeable about his field and followed up extensively. I found no problems with him and appreciated his care and speaking to my family even phoning my husband when my husband was not at the hospital to let him know how I was doing.

August 14th, 2013
Never showed up at the E.R.
I know why it was easy to get an appointment with Dr. Long; he is horrible. I had a sever pathogen causing bloody stools with flesh being eliminated. I was at the same hospital as he, in the parking lot, yet he sent me to another hospital (across town) When I arrived at the E.R. he had not called ahead nor did he show up. He was initially contacted on Sunday and received message of urgent situation. He NEVER CALLED me and by Tuesday I had to be admitted for dehydration and FINALLY had tests run. Patient beware!!!!

October 24th, 2012
Not qualifies to mop the floors of a real doctor
Think he should not be licensed

October 12th, 2011
Dr Long has changed my life
For 10 years I suffered from persistent diarrhea (up to 20 times/day). I was miserable and was not comfortable doing much more than working and staying at home. I'd gone to multiple gastroenterologists and took many prescriptions, but none helped, even remotely. I moved to Austin in 2010 and found Dr. Long. We tried a couple prescriptions the third prescription I tried has almost completely eliminated the embarassing and debilitating condition. He really has changed my life for the better and I'm able to get out and do things I haven't done in over 10 years.

August 26th, 2011
great doctor
I've suffered from acid reflux for too many years with out treating it. Dr Long found the root of the problem and I feel like a new person!

May 5th, 2011
This M.D. is a class act. He is charming, intelligent and professional. Spent plenty of time with me and doesn't interrupt every 10 seconds, which doctors are notorious for.