Dr. Chad Mcelroy MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Moulton, AL

• Good
  • Bad

January 26th, 2016
He is great for children to the elderly.

September 30th, 2015
The Doc's Many Problems
As a patient of McElroy Medical for over five years and an employee in the medical field since 2003...I have never experienced the demise of a doctor on a sinking ship. His POA, start throwing patients overboard to keep himself out of the water...HOT? Possibly. I trusted Dr. McElroy, not only as a friend but most importantly as a "medical professional". With that, it is more than obvious, I am not walking away from him and his "practice" with the same trust, respect and belief in his ethics as I came in with. Let me say, his staff and him (until a certain point) were instrumental in facilitating my needs that went above and beyond their call of duty. As a healthcare professional, I was made to feel the way I strive to care for the patient in my care. At some point, whether circumstance or cognizance, I was no longer a friend when I walked into the office. Staff changes, staff additions...coupled with allowing patient's dictation of "what they want/need"...brought my doctor/patient relationship with Dr. McElroy and McElroy Medical to an unwarranted end. With the addition of new "management", his care and concerned for me declined, his staff where no longer jovial and welcoming, rather heads down, no smile or warmth and (yes this is true) earbuds in while on the desk. The infrastructure, crumbled from within. I was treated like a "drug seeker" AFTER the visit when I requested to begin tapering off medications. I have worked hard to rebuild myself, my reputation and my health to allow it to go unsaid. Disheveled and not present, his physical appearance was notable, as well as his disconnect with his patients. I was called a liar by whomever called me and she discouraged my return. Being a longtime patient and what I considered, friend...I was told it would be a waste of my time to even schedule to discuss this discrepancy, as that is just what it was. I am always forthcoming with any physician I see and so the was the case with Dr. McElroy. I hope that he can regain control of his practice, patients and himself and hopefully come through the problems (that are no secrets) and realize how unprofessional, unethical, unengaged and medically unsafe his behavior has been to some of his most loyal, honest patients. Being raised to not say anything if I have nothing nice to say, I have wrestled with writing this review. However, I did allow myself over a week, far more scathing the review had I not. In closing, to clarify important points, I showed up for scheduled appointments, paid all copay, deductible, out-of-pocket expense and triage/rx fees in full. In the truth, you will be free...Dr. McElroy. No, it won't be easy, but with time and realization of the ugly facts and decisions you made, jeopardized my health, my word and my belief in Dr. Chad McElroy and his medical knowledge and training. I entrusted him with the management of my health. And in return, was called a liar and humiliated...not in the presence of other, but to myself.

March 15th, 2015
Mcelroy is not only a great doctor but also a good friend along with his staff.

December 18th, 2014
I would not refer anyone I know to him

February 27th, 2017