Dr. Chad Michener MD Patient Reviews

3.9

April 19th, 2016
Knowledgable But...
Very aggressive with surgery options but few solutions to resulting complications. Not sure he would actually perform surgery or if assistants would be in charge due to over booking of patients. Unwilling to run more tests to confirm if recommended surgeries actually required. Very unempathetic in presentation of bad news.

November 7th, 2012
I agree with another reviewer that Dr. Mich is very knowledgable about statistics and treatment options. He doesn't come across as super compassionate, he posseses a more academic nature. The top two things I'd recommend about him are: #1 He makes your condition/treatment/follow-up plan feel as if it is totally tackleable(this puts me at ease and keeps me from getting overwhelmed.) #2 He has a deft touch with gynecological exams. Anyone with gynecological cancer knows how important it is for their physician to make them comfortable. Mich gets the job done.As far as my prognosis and whether his recommendations worked, it remains to be seen.

October 25th, 2012
Without a doubt, my best doctor yet
I have a genetic condition that pre-disposes me to an increased risk of ovarian and breast cancer. I met with Dr. Michener upon discovery of my condition. He was an extremely knowledgable, compassionate and caring person who provided me with all of the information I needed to understand my options. My surgery was extremely non-invasive and I recovered amazingly fast. I would highly recommend Dr. Michener to others seeking such treatment.

May 25th, 2011
Great surgeon, but...
Patient rights allow me to have my diagnosis as soon as the Doc knows. Had to have my primary Doc get them from his office, as I overheard Chad tell the nurse that I could wait 4 more weeks to find out what type of uterine cancer I had. At the 4 week chat, I told him I'm using another Doc for my radiation/chemo and he was not pleased. Poor bedside manner. He is conceited, but he's supposed to be among the best surgeons in the area, I just wouldn't use him for anything else, but the surgery.

November 26th, 2010
A Caring, Compassionate Physician
Dr. Mitchner did a wonderful job in helping me get through my uterine cancer. He spent alot of time with me in explaining all the options after surgery. He was very knowledgable about the statistics and explained them in a way that was easy to understand.Both my sister and friend who were with me were also impressed with him. I would highly recommend him.

July 30th, 2010
I think he saved my life
Dr. Michener saw me within one day of my diagnosis of ovarian cancer, helped me to make a plan for treatment, performed my surgery, planned my chemo and continues to monitor my health. Will it recur? Probably, but I know he will help me fight again. I feel I got the "world class treatment" the Cleveland Clinic claims.

April 29th, 2010
Uncaring
He is a pompous, uncaring physician who misdiagnosed my condition and as a result I now have a lifetime condition.