Dr. Chad Millet MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Metairie, LA

3.9

October 4th, 2016
Hip replacement then hip revision
I had been told by my orthopedic doctor that he was unable to do three due to a injury. He recommended I see Dr. Millet. Very glad I did, very friendly, and I had total confidence in him. All went well but I was a little to eager and fell. Dr. Millet then had to do a hip revision. Turned out very well. I will be needing my other hip done but waiting until upcoming holidays are over. Very happy with this doctor and will go to no other.

July 25th, 2016
Wonderful and caring Surgeon.
I work as a RN. I chose Dr. Millet as my doctor because I have taken care of dozens of his patients and I know he is great just from listening to them. I first went to him because of pain in my knee. It was diagnosed as arthritis. Erin, his Nurse Practitioner , injected it. I haven't had a problem since.

March 8th, 2016
Scary diagnosis and 2 hip replacements
After a few months of a bothersome hip pain, I was diagnosed with AVN which quickly progressed into collapsed hips. Going from great shape to needing hip replacements, I was somewhat freaked out by the diagnosis and saw 5 orthopedists about my condition. Dr. Millet laid the options on the table and then gave his recommendations, without any pressure or pushing. Though I waited about an hour to see him, he stayed with me until he had answered every one of my laundry-list questions that I had written down. I had a total hip replacement in both hips, about 2 months apart. My surgeries went perfectly, I adhered to all PT requirements, my follow up appointments were easy, and, 5 and 7 months after the THRs, I am doing terrific- pain free, lots of exercising, lifting weights, and a great range of motion. I felt quite comfortable with Dr Millet, his PA is responsive, and I would recommend him to anyone looking at a THR.

December 29th, 2015
best in the city
When I found out I needed a hip replacement I did my homework. I was told Dr. Millet was the best in the city by nurses and physical therapist friends. They were right. I went in to the surgery with absolute confidence and my recovery had been remarkable.

November 18th, 2015
He's the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

October 29th, 2015
Great Doc
I really liked Dr. Millet, outstanding

August 7th, 2015
Excellent Doctor with a great bedside manner! Had no problems . He came highly recommended and did not disappoint!

February 23rd, 2015
What can I say, the rating speaks for itself!

September 18th, 2014
Doctor seeing doctor
Absolutely the worst doctor experience in my 60 years of life, and this was just for an exam. Lol! He looked insulted when he was walking out the door and I told him "Wait a minute, I have questions." Question???! My recommendation is to go to someone else. If someone cannot be on good behavior for an exam, there is no way they will care when things go south after a surgery. Just my opinion as a doctor.

July 7th, 2014
I had knee replacement. After surgery Dr. Millet dismissed any problems I was having. After 8 weeks my knee was swollen and red. I got another follow-up appointment. He looked at the knee and said, "Sorry there's nothing I can do." What!!!!! I went to another orthopedic surgeon. My knee had infection. The knee was removed - no knee for 6 weeks - pic line installed for constant administration of antibiotics. Then another knee was obtained. After more than 100 physical therapies I will never be the same. I have a bad limp but at least I didn't lose my leg. In my opinion, Dr. Millet wants the money but doesn't follow-up with his patients, dismissing them so that his problems will go elsewhere.

January 3rd, 2014
dr. chad millet
I had a knee replacement done almost 5 years ago by this man . I would not let my dog go to him under any situation ! He has a terrible bed side manner. After he gets his money from the surgery he could care less about you . He never returns calls and his nurse never calls you back either . My family doctor had to take over my case 3 weeks after the surgery because my physical therpist could never get him to return her calls . He is the worse ! I went to 2 other doctors after my surgey for any thing they could do to help . One doctor told me the size that was put in was one size to large and that was the problem that I kept feeling it was so stiff . the other agreed but told me the same if they would take it out it might be more trouble . If I need another knee replacement for my left knee I can promise you it will not be Dr. Millet doing it ! HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS AFTER HE DOES THE SURGERY ! MY RATING FOR THIS DOCTOR 10 BEING THE BEST AND 1 BEING THE WORSE HE WOULD GET A 1 & 1/2 !!!!!!! mY FOLLOW UP VISIT I HAD TO WAIT 2 HOURS IN A LITTLE ROOM ! 2 HOURS AND MY HUSBAND AND I COULD HEAR HIM TALKING ON THE PHONE ABOUT A FOOTBALL GAME . THAN ANOTHER PHONE CALL CAME IN ABOUT ANOTHER GAME ! WOW ! HEAR WE WERE LISTENING TO EVERY WORD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT AND WE HAD TOP WAIT ON HIM FOR 2 HOURS . REMEMBER THIS WAS ALMOST 5 YEARS AGO AND I AM NOW HEARING THINGS LIKE I HAD TO ENDURE WHEN I WAS SEEING HIM . SO HE HAS NOT IMPROVED! CHECK OUT DOCTORS IN THE BATON ROUGE AREA ! GOOD ONES THERE !

March 28th, 2013
Nothing but a bill
I waited 30 min to see Dr. Millet. He spent 2 min with me, during which he did not conduct an examine nor did he answer my questions. He actually laughed at my concerns. I got nothing out of the visit...aside from a bill. It was a waste of my time and insulting.