3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
by M A Webre on Feb 23rd, 2015

What can I say, the rating speaks for itself!

Stay Away From This Ego Maniac show details Stay Away From This Ego Maniac
by Millet the Filet on Jan 12th, 2015

Unfortunately Dr. Millet has miraculously built a reputation for being one of the two best orthopedic surgeons for knee replacements in the New Orleans/Metairie Area. While he might be proficient performing a total knee replacement, I will never find out. I saw this man one time and knew that I would never see him again. Every negative comment on the other reviews on this website are 100% true. Everyone should read the review from the guy who named himself Doctor Seeing Doctor. This man speaks the truth as I have experienced the same "could care less attitude". Here is a list of items that made me leave and never return: 1. Waiting time - 2 hours 2. With the paper thin sheet rock walls, you can hear Millet talking about the weekend football games. He spends an excessive amount of time conversing on the phone with personal calls. This is a very busy practice and after a patient waits two hours to see this physician, no one wants to wait another 45 minutes hearing him chat with his friends about where they are going to take their wives Muffy and The Dutchess. 3. Time spent with me in the exam room. Five minutes. After looking at my x-rays on the film illuminator, he tells me I need both knees replaced (as i f I didn't know this). He tells me to see his nurse for instructions on how to register for a knee surgery at East Jefferson Hospital as he is making his escape from the exam room. I asked him to please wait and answer a couple of questions I have regarding the surgery and if there are any other options. At this point he becomes annoyed and smug with me he has a backload of patients he has to see before the end of the day and that he will answer questions when I see him for my one visit prior to the procedure. I was still polite at this point and quickly said that I needed answers to my questions before I made up my mind as to whether I would select him to be my surgeon. That made him madder than a hornet in the summer. He huffed and he puffed as he opened the exam room door to escape and mutter, talk to my nurse. 4. Millet's Nurse - This gem of an RN could have been Nurse Rachett's twin sister. She was mean, cold, bossy as one could ever imagine and told me she was too busy to answer my questions. She told me to write them on a piece of paper and she would give them to Millet and call me back with answers. It is easy to guess that I never received a call back from Jack Nicholson's nightmare. 5. I made an appointment with Fernando Sanchez MD who is considered the other top dog in the New Orleans/Metairie area for knee replacements. Dr, Sanchez teaches at Tulane Medical School in addition to his orthopedic practice. The man is a humane and wonderful compassionate physician. His staff is polite and friendly. His skills are unparalleled and he has the lowest infection rate in the area as well. 6. Anyone and there are plenty of any ones who choose to continue to see Millet are in need of a qualified psychiatrist. You are going to need one if you elect to stick it out with this arrogant "legend in his own mind" physician. Run if your knees permit you to do so, walk as fast as you can or crawl out of that office as quickly as you can and never look back!

Doctor seeing doctor show details Doctor seeing doctor
Sep 18th, 2014

Absolutely the worst doctor experience in my 60 years of life, and this was just for an exam. Lol! He looked insulted when he was walking out the door and I told him "Wait a minute, I have questions." Question???! My recommendation is to go to someone else. If someone cannot be on good behavior for an exam, there is no way they will care when things go south after a surgery. Just my opinion as a doctor.

by Richard on Jul 7th, 2014

I had knee replacement. After surgery Dr. Millet dismissed any problems I was having. After 8 weeks my knee was swollen and red. I got another follow-up appointment. He looked at the knee and said, "Sorry there's nothing I can do." What!!!!! I went to another orthopedic surgeon. My knee had infection. The knee was removed - no knee for 6 weeks - pic line installed for constant administration of antibiotics. Then another knee was obtained. After more than 100 physical therapies I will never be the same. I have a bad limp but at least I didn't lose my leg. In my opinion, Dr. Millet wants the money but doesn't follow-up with his patients, dismissing them so that his problems will go elsewhere.

dr. chad millet show details dr. chad millet
by MARTHA on Jan 3rd, 2014

I had a knee replacement done almost 5 years ago by this man . I would not let my dog go to him under any situation ! He has a terrible bed side manner. After he gets his money from the surgery he could care less about you . He never returns calls and his nurse never calls you back either . My family doctor had to take over my case 3 weeks after the surgery because my physical therpist could never get him to return her calls . He is the worse ! I went to 2 other doctors after my surgey for any thing they could do to help . One doctor told me the size that was put in was one size to large and that was the problem that I kept feeling it was so stiff . the other agreed but told me the same if they would take it out it might be more trouble . If I need another knee replacement for my left knee I can promise you it will not be Dr. Millet doing it ! HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS AFTER HE DOES THE SURGERY ! MY RATING FOR THIS DOCTOR 10 BEING THE BEST AND 1 BEING THE WORSE HE WOULD GET A 1 & 1/2 !!!!!!! mY FOLLOW UP VISIT I HAD TO WAIT 2 HOURS IN A LITTLE ROOM ! 2 HOURS AND MY HUSBAND AND I COULD HEAR HIM TALKING ON THE PHONE ABOUT A FOOTBALL GAME . THAN ANOTHER PHONE CALL CAME IN ABOUT ANOTHER GAME ! WOW ! HEAR WE WERE LISTENING TO EVERY WORD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT AND WE HAD TOP WAIT ON HIM FOR 2 HOURS . REMEMBER THIS WAS ALMOST 5 YEARS AGO AND I AM NOW HEARING THINGS LIKE I HAD TO ENDURE WHEN I WAS SEEING HIM . SO HE HAS NOT IMPROVED! CHECK OUT DOCTORS IN THE BATON ROUGE AREA ! GOOD ONES THERE !

Nothing but a bill show details Nothing but a bill
Mar 28th, 2013

I waited 30 min to see Dr. Millet. He spent 2 min with me, during which he did not conduct an examine nor did he answer my questions. He actually laughed at my concerns. I got nothing out of the visit...aside from a bill. It was a waste of my time and insulting.

Needed more time with doctor and better follow-up. show details Needed more time with doctor and better follow-up.
Nov 19th, 2012

Had problems with after surgery follow-up.

A Maestro of Hip Surgery show details A Maestro of Hip Surgery
Feb 7th, 2012

I was referred to Dr Millet after a misadventure with another orthopaedic surgeon. My hip was unstable. Dr Millet performed a surgery on me that stabilized my hip and I was able to resume my life. He was caring and considerate. I will be forever grateful to Dr Millet for giving me my life back.

Jan 4th, 2011

Dr Millet did a revision after 2 failed replacement surgeries. Outstanding bedside manners..showing compassion and concern. Six yrs later I.ve had the other hip replaced and wouldn't trust the surgery with anyone but him! He's the best and reccommends him to anyone needing THR

A Total Knee Replacement Performed By Dr. Chad Millet show details A Total Knee Replacement Performed By Dr. Chad Millet
by mbixler at Citysearch on Oct 25th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Recently, my mom`s right knee went south! She could no longer tolerate walking on \"bone on bone.\" Mom already had one appointment with a doctor that was recmmended, but a well known physician, Dr. Chesson, also told us that we needed to see a Dr. Chad Millet for a second opinion on doing theTotal Knee Replacement. Mom and I presented to Dr. Millet - and he was great! I am a NURSE. He had great bedside manner, and he explained everything fully to both my mother which is difficult! as well as to me. Dr. Millet recommended doing the surgery at East Jefferson, so we had it there. Amazingly, postoperatively, my mom got out of bed the first evening with assistance, and she began walking on her new KNEE!. We had absolutely NO complications except for the expected post op pain, and Dr. Millet returned to see us as needed. That was 3.5 months ago, and my mother is now doing very well! I am so glad that she got a second chance to further her self mobility. Any type of surgery can have lots of complications, but I think Dr. Millet does a great job, so the complications are reduced. Mom was then able to follow up with her regular docs, and even today, she is very very happy with his surgical handiwork! Best Regards from a HAPPY DAUGHTER!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Top Louisiana Knee Surgeon show details Top Louisiana Knee Surgeon
Jun 8th, 2010

The best there is. When another orthopdedic surgery told my mother she would never walk again without a walker and wheelchair, Dr. Millett operated on her and now she does not even use a cane.

worse doctor i have ever had to deal with show details worse doctor i have ever had to deal with
by MARTHA CHRISTENSEN on Mar 13th, 2010

he keeps his patients wating to long while he bull shits on the phone with friends etc. which we could her him while waiting in a little room to be checked ! waited 1 hour 45 mins for him to come ! my husband times in stayed 3mins . in the room than whenI told him i had questions he said ask be on the wait out ! my therpist never call get him to return her calls my son also a doctor never could get him to return his calls and my family doctor tried too ! my family doctor took over my case because millet never returned any calls or faxes ! i am no better with my knee than i was before my surgery! my knee is very stiff and i walk with a limp ! i took therphy 3 DAYS A WEEK FOR 4 MONTHS !THAN I JOINED A EXCERCIXE GROUP AND STILL GO 4 DAYS A WEEK.I HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT HIM OR HIS RUDE NURSE !

worst doctor that I have ever had to deal with show details worst doctor that I have ever had to deal with
Feb 26th, 2010

he is very nice until after your surgery he could care less about you ! I felt like he just dropped off the face of the earth the day after he did my surgery! he operated on me on a wednesday morning he came check on mr the thursday morning and i never saw him or any of his staff doctors till the following tuesday when he discharged me ! One of the nurses had to call her family docotr to come in on the sunday while i was in the hospital because i had a asama attack ! dr. Millet did not even assign a doctor to look after his patentient when he had left town that week end !He never called my therpist when she had quetions to ask him he never return my family doctors calls and he never answered my sons fax . He was so rude when i had to go see him after my 8th week of surgery it was awful ! we had to wait 2 1/2 hours for him while we heard him on the phone talking about football on the phone in his office ! than a member of his family called himon the phone and we heard that conversion which lasted about 40 mins ! than we heard a salesman go in and he stayed with him for 35 mins ! than when he finally came in my room to check on me my husband times him 2 mins. i told him i had questions to ask and he said ask me one the way out ! that was the last time i ever saw him ! my family doctor took exrays and blood work the next day because i was still hurting ! that is when my family docotr tried 3 times getting in touch with him and he never returned the calls ! and his nurs is so 2 faced it is terrible ! when he is around she treats you so nice when he is not around she is so rude !

by Robert W. Clinton on Mar 20th, 2009

I had a knee replacement and had no problems. But he is strict about doing the rehab. Pleasant people person. He has operated on several people that I know. He also operates at East Jefferson Hospital in Metairie