Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Scary diagnosis and 2 hip replacements show details Scary diagnosis and 2 hip replacements
by Derrek Barfield on Mar 8th, 2016

After a few months of a bothersome hip pain, I was diagnosed with AVN which quickly progressed into collapsed hips. Going from great shape to needing hip replacements, I was somewhat freaked out by the diagnosis and saw 5 orthopedists about my condition. Dr. Millet laid the options on the table and then gave his recommendations, without any pressure or pushing. Though I waited about an hour to see him, he stayed with me until he had answered every one of my laundry-list questions that I had written down. I had a total hip replacement in both hips, about 2 months apart. My surgeries went perfectly, I adhered to all PT requirements, my follow up appointments were easy, and, 5 and 7 months after the THRs, I am doing terrific- pain free, lots of exercising, lifting weights, and a great range of motion. I felt quite comfortable with Dr Millet, his PA is responsive, and I would recommend him to anyone looking at a THR.

best in the city show details best in the city
by SP on Dec 29th, 2015

When I found out I needed a hip replacement I did my homework. I was told Dr. Millet was the best in the city by nurses and physical therapist friends. They were right. I went in to the surgery with absolute confidence and my recovery had been remarkable.

Nov 18th, 2015

He's the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by Daniel on Oct 29th, 2015

I really liked Dr. Millet, outstanding

Aug 7th, 2015

Excellent Doctor with a great bedside manner! Had no problems . He came highly recommended and did not disappoint!

by M A Webre on Feb 23rd, 2015

What can I say, the rating speaks for itself!

Doctor seeing doctor show details Doctor seeing doctor
Sep 18th, 2014

Absolutely the worst doctor experience in my 60 years of life, and this was just for an exam. Lol! He looked insulted when he was walking out the door and I told him "Wait a minute, I have questions." Question???! My recommendation is to go to someone else. If someone cannot be on good behavior for an exam, there is no way they will care when things go south after a surgery. Just my opinion as a doctor.

by Richard on Jul 7th, 2014

I had knee replacement. After surgery Dr. Millet dismissed any problems I was having. After 8 weeks my knee was swollen and red. I got another follow-up appointment. He looked at the knee and said, "Sorry there's nothing I can do." What!!!!! I went to another orthopedic surgeon. My knee had infection. The knee was removed - no knee for 6 weeks - pic line installed for constant administration of antibiotics. Then another knee was obtained. After more than 100 physical therapies I will never be the same. I have a bad limp but at least I didn't lose my leg. In my opinion, Dr. Millet wants the money but doesn't follow-up with his patients, dismissing them so that his problems will go elsewhere.

dr. chad millet show details dr. chad millet
by MARTHA on Jan 3rd, 2014

I had a knee replacement done almost 5 years ago by this man . I would not let my dog go to him under any situation ! He has a terrible bed side manner. After he gets his money from the surgery he could care less about you . He never returns calls and his nurse never calls you back either . My family doctor had to take over my case 3 weeks after the surgery because my physical therpist could never get him to return her calls . He is the worse ! I went to 2 other doctors after my surgey for any thing they could do to help . One doctor told me the size that was put in was one size to large and that was the problem that I kept feeling it was so stiff . the other agreed but told me the same if they would take it out it might be more trouble . If I need another knee replacement for my left knee I can promise you it will not be Dr. Millet doing it ! HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS AFTER HE DOES THE SURGERY ! MY RATING FOR THIS DOCTOR 10 BEING THE BEST AND 1 BEING THE WORSE HE WOULD GET A 1 & 1/2 !!!!!!! mY FOLLOW UP VISIT I HAD TO WAIT 2 HOURS IN A LITTLE ROOM ! 2 HOURS AND MY HUSBAND AND I COULD HEAR HIM TALKING ON THE PHONE ABOUT A FOOTBALL GAME . THAN ANOTHER PHONE CALL CAME IN ABOUT ANOTHER GAME ! WOW ! HEAR WE WERE LISTENING TO EVERY WORD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT AND WE HAD TOP WAIT ON HIM FOR 2 HOURS . REMEMBER THIS WAS ALMOST 5 YEARS AGO AND I AM NOW HEARING THINGS LIKE I HAD TO ENDURE WHEN I WAS SEEING HIM . SO HE HAS NOT IMPROVED! CHECK OUT DOCTORS IN THE BATON ROUGE AREA ! GOOD ONES THERE !

Nothing but a bill show details Nothing but a bill
Mar 28th, 2013

I waited 30 min to see Dr. Millet. He spent 2 min with me, during which he did not conduct an examine nor did he answer my questions. He actually laughed at my concerns. I got nothing out of the visit...aside from a bill. It was a waste of my time and insulting.

Needed more time with doctor and better follow-up. show details Needed more time with doctor and better follow-up.
Nov 19th, 2012

Had problems with after surgery follow-up.

A Maestro of Hip Surgery show details A Maestro of Hip Surgery
Feb 7th, 2012

I was referred to Dr Millet after a misadventure with another orthopaedic surgeon. My hip was unstable. Dr Millet performed a surgery on me that stabilized my hip and I was able to resume my life. He was caring and considerate. I will be forever grateful to Dr Millet for giving me my life back.

Jan 4th, 2011

Dr Millet did a revision after 2 failed replacement surgeries. Outstanding bedside manners..showing compassion and concern. Six yrs later I.ve had the other hip replaced and wouldn't trust the surgery with anyone but him! He's the best and reccommends him to anyone needing THR

Top Louisiana Knee Surgeon show details Top Louisiana Knee Surgeon
Jun 8th, 2010

The best there is. When another orthopdedic surgery told my mother she would never walk again without a walker and wheelchair, Dr. Millett operated on her and now she does not even use a cane.

worse doctor i have ever had to deal with show details worse doctor i have ever had to deal with
by MARTHA CHRISTENSEN on Mar 13th, 2010

he keeps his patients wating to long while he bull shits on the phone with friends etc. which we could her him while waiting in a little room to be checked ! waited 1 hour 45 mins for him to come ! my husband times in stayed 3mins . in the room than whenI told him i had questions he said ask be on the wait out ! my therpist never call get him to return her calls my son also a doctor never could get him to return his calls and my family doctor tried too ! my family doctor took over my case because millet never returned any calls or faxes ! i am no better with my knee than i was before my surgery! my knee is very stiff and i walk with a limp ! i took therphy 3 DAYS A WEEK FOR 4 MONTHS !THAN I JOINED A EXCERCIXE GROUP AND STILL GO 4 DAYS A WEEK.I HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT HIM OR HIS RUDE NURSE !

worst doctor that I have ever had to deal with show details worst doctor that I have ever had to deal with
Feb 26th, 2010

he is very nice until after your surgery he could care less about you ! I felt like he just dropped off the face of the earth the day after he did my surgery! he operated on me on a wednesday morning he came check on mr the thursday morning and i never saw him or any of his staff doctors till the following tuesday when he discharged me ! One of the nurses had to call her family docotr to come in on the sunday while i was in the hospital because i had a asama attack ! dr. Millet did not even assign a doctor to look after his patentient when he had left town that week end !He never called my therpist when she had quetions to ask him he never return my family doctors calls and he never answered my sons fax . He was so rude when i had to go see him after my 8th week of surgery it was awful ! we had to wait 2 1/2 hours for him while we heard him on the phone talking about football on the phone in his office ! than a member of his family called himon the phone and we heard that conversion which lasted about 40 mins ! than we heard a salesman go in and he stayed with him for 35 mins ! than when he finally came in my room to check on me my husband times him 2 mins. i told him i had questions to ask and he said ask me one the way out ! that was the last time i ever saw him ! my family doctor took exrays and blood work the next day because i was still hurting ! that is when my family docotr tried 3 times getting in touch with him and he never returned the calls ! and his nurs is so 2 faced it is terrible ! when he is around she treats you so nice when he is not around she is so rude !

by Robert W. Clinton on Mar 20th, 2009

I had a knee replacement and had no problems. But he is strict about doing the rehab. Pleasant people person. He has operated on several people that I know. He also operates at East Jefferson Hospital in Metairie