Family Practitioner, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Doctors

1851 Medical Center Dr
Decatur, TX 76234
940-627-6201
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

|  my treatment  |  show details
by Liz on Sep 8th, 2014

I have seen Dr. Stephens on and off over the years for various aches and pains. He has always taken care of my needs. I would recommend him to all my friends and family.

by Michael on Sep 8th, 2014

Dr. Stephens is very knowledgeable about pain care. I was having severe knee pain from an injury and Dr. Stephens not only accessed the pain but gave me tools to keep it from returning. Any time I have had a question regarding my injury he is available to help. I highly recommend him.

Sep 13th, 2013

I have had a very negative experience with Texas spine and sport. Like a few others here, the nurses never return calls, have lost 3 refills and when I saw Dr to increase my meds for my surgery his nurses did not get this memo. Dr. Stephens needs a more professional nursing staff. I will be moving on to someone that cares a little more about their patients.

Aug 14th, 2013

I have been a patient for over a year with very little relief from my pain. The office staff is absolutely deplorable. The answering machine tells you to leave only one message and they will return the call. After 2 days, I called again. Still no return call. Left message for Judy Lambert with my complaint, no response. Called the front desk and got a live person. I told her what I needed and see said "Well, I can't help you." Then transferred me back to the nurses station. This went on for over a week and I still have not heard from them. What a frigging joke! I wrote them a letter on 8/8 to which they have not responded. I'm going to go to a real doctor. I would not recommend Dr. Stephens.

|  Two herniated/bulging discs causing pinched nerve in l4 l5  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2013

I was content with the way i was being treated until my last appointment. The dr actually insinuated that i had taken all my pills because they didnt show up on my ua. My wife said its because of my metabolism and i didnt take any the day before. I take 4-8 a day on average depending on what im doing and my pain level. If im in bed all day relaxing on my side with a pillow between my legs then i can almost stay virtually pain free but who wants to live like that? Ive had numerous injections to no avail.Had neurosurgeons tell me i needed a diskectomy which is a pretty intense surgery if u look it up. I found a physical therapy clinic close to my home. Think ill see what they can offer and maybe get some spinal decompression treatments . Other than the first thing that i said I really have no objections to these treatment even though they werent too highly effective for me.

Apr 12th, 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful. The doctor helped me after a horrible accident that left me with excruciating nerve pain. He also made sure that I didn't get hooked on pain medication because of the large doses that I was taking prior to seeing him. This doctor is the best and cares about his patients!

|  Never called after my radiology tests  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

Doctor sent me in for tests. Had them completed. Called nurse back to ask her to switch up meds and they were not helping my pain. I have severe back pain. She called me back and lm stated the dr hasn't read my results. I called back again and I heard her tell receptionist tell her to check her vm. I stated I would like to talk to her again she said in background tell her to check vm. I called the nurse line only to hear the if I was a repeated caller I was going to put at the back of the line. I work at the hospital in practices at and I can tell you I will never suggest anyone go to him. It has been 2.5 days and I still haven't heard from him or anyone from his office.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by RES on Sep 12th, 2009

Dr. Stephens has treated all of my children (4) over the past several years sports related injury and spinal pain management. He is knowledgeable, friendly and cares about each of his patients. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a true health care professional!