Dr. Chahat Thakur MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

May 30th, 2016
Miserable doctor and staff
This is a doctor I would NEVER recommend to anyone. The doctor is totally incompetent, how did she ever manage to become a doctor is a wonder to me! She is completely unprepared, has no idea why your there, has no compassion for her patients. She is incapable of providing an accurate diagnosis. She is totally incompetent. Her staff is just as incompetent. They will lose lab results faxed over, referrals are never prepared in a timely manner. Don't waste your time with this one. This doctor is a total waste of your time. Her staff is just as incompetent. They will lose lab results faxed over, they can't prepare referrals in in a timely manner.

March 17th, 2016
I felt Dr. Thakur was very much in tune with my medical situation that day and gave me the optimum time and attention. Since it was my first visit, I was very satisfied and look forward to working with the Dr. for my medical needs.

November 5th, 2015
What a great doctor

July 15th, 2015
Looking like a nightmare
From the outset it doesn't look like she is going to be any good. I came to her with immediate and urgent problems, but I still wanted her to know a tiny bit of my health history before launching into my current crisis. I literally was half way through my first sentence, saying " I should tell you a bit about my medical history" then about 5 words in, she rudely interrupted me and said "So you currently are seeing specialists?" I tried to act like that was not offensive and rude even tho it was. But then when I told her I'd seen like 4 specialists and my old PCP and an urgent care doc (who discontinued my insurance) and told her a huge list of terrible symptoms that had been going on for 9 months, and said that the specialist found some abnormalities but don't know what they are and can't give diagnosis she refused to let me see an infectious disease doctor. She said I have to PROVE that there IS AN INFECTION before I send you to an infectious disease doctor. I said, With all due respect Dr, this infection has eluded over 6 doctors. This is when you send a person to a SPECIALIST. WHEN YOU CAN'T DIAGNOSE THEM YOURSELF! What is the point of specialists whose job it is to seek out rare and difficult to diagnose issues if the GP is going to find all the problems ahead of time??? There are about 2% of doctors with this inane and erroneous perception. And I can't stand them. Meanwhile we are left to die, because we are stuck with what a family doctor can find in your blood panel......which is basically nothing. Even INSURANCE carriers don't require there to be PROOF of a certain infection in order to be sent to an infectious disease doc. So at the end of the day, after having to wait months because my old PCP quit early and I had to wait a while to see Thakur (6 weeks in all) and after suffering with dozens of terrible symptoms for 9 months, all Thakur did was say she was going to order a couple basic panels. I left with NOTHING !!! Then I had to follow up and have the specialists send labs and radiology to her to PROVE that my symptoms were real.

July 2nd, 2015
Very compassionate doctor.

June 6th, 2015
Dr.thakur is a good Dr. Very helpful and caring . The staff is very friendly and welcoming. They answered all my question and if they were unsure they would get the answer and call me back in a timely manner. Recommend her to other family member who are now going there.

May 28th, 2015
Not a very thourough doctor.
Dr. Thakur does not believe in sinus infections or pain. The doctor's staff does not respond to calls and does not take care of referrals in a timely manner. Also, the staff will not acknowledge patients upon arrival.

May 19th, 2015
This office runs horribly. Because of insurance I had to have this as my PCP. When you return a call they never know why.Lol. When you ask a question the answer is always wrong.

January 28th, 2015
Great dr. Very caring

September 17th, 2014
Dr Thakur,is a very caring doctor who really takes the time to listen to you, and answers all your queations,she is also very thorough she makes sure you get the care you need.On the other hand, The rancho mirage office staff sre very unfriendly,almost rude,except for the nurses who bring me to the room where I see Dr. Thakur. The only reason I see Dr. Thakur is because she has given me the help I've needed.I appreeciate her very much as my doctor.

January 19th, 2014
Docotr great staff poor
Dr. Thakur understands my life is busy and important. She listens and act prompt to ensure my health concerns and needs are taken care of. Office staff not very polite or understanding on phone, they will argue with you