A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Chaim Bernstein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Chaim Bernstein, MD is board certified in Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Artificial Respiration
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Lung Cancer
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
Education & Awards
Dr. Bernstein graduated from New York University. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Bernstein has 11 hospital affiliations:
- New York Methodist Hospital
- St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bernstein accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans