Neurological Surgeon

1887 Kingsley Ave
Ste 1900
Orange Park, FL 32073
904-272-9041
Locations and availability (7)

|  Most wonderful Doctor I Know  |  show details
by kenneth kube on Sep 27th, 2013

I will tell everyone about this Doctor Chaim Colen he saved my life. He is the most gracious doctor so caring and kind never in a hurry always acts like your the only one he has to see today. Always has a smile and a hug for you and makes you feel special. He is so intelligence but yet so down to earth I just can't tell you how wonderful I think this man is. God works his wonders through him.

|  Impressive  |  show details
by Lisa Garner on Jul 10th, 2013

Upon meeting Dr Colen, our family immediately liked him and it seemed he was a competent neurosurgeon. He was educating, warm, considerate, friendly and confident which are all wonderful human traits, but would he someone we would trust while in Petoskey to drill holes in my 89 year old mother's back? I googled his credentials and read his reviews, and we proceeded with the surgery with the greatest confidence that he was indeed a top neurosurgeon. Petoskey is lucky to have this man on staff!

|  Wife of patient  |  show details
by Katie Kozal on Jul 8th, 2013

My husband herniated a disc in his lumbar spine 7/5/13 and was in immense pain and lost the ability to stand. We received an inaccurate diagnosis at our ER and they even attempted to discharge him. It wasn't until I refused to take him home that they decided to send him to a hospital with a neurosurgeon on staff. Dr. Colen came to consult between surgeries (on a Saturday) and ordered the appropriate testing. He came up to the floor and explained in detail what exactly was going on in my husbands spine and showed us on the MRI where exactly the issue was. He explained the surgery to us in a way that was easy to understand and surgery was set up for Sunday am, when in reality it could have been "put off" until Monday. Surgery was successful and my husband was able to stand again and his pain was minimal. Dr. Colen is amazing. His bedside manner is impeccable and he makes you feel at ease. Our son was nervous during Dan's surgery and Dr. Colen immediately calmed his fears when he came to give us the information on how surgery went. His knowledge is abundant and he is able to explain procedures and diagnoses in a way that is relatable to everyday life and easy to understand. Many doctors are very intelligent but unable to relay information in a relatable manner. Dr. Colen is not that doctor. We highly recommend this amazing man to any person in need of a neurosurgeon.

by Kyle H. on Jul 7th, 2013

he is a great doctor. he even came to check on me on Fourth of July

|  Brain Tumor  |  show details
by Gail McGuire on Jul 7th, 2013

I am 65 years old, and thought I could still ride a bike. I was wrong. On June 17th my husband and I went for a ride. I lost control of the bike and went over the handlebars, face first into the bumper of a pickup truck. At the hospital a CT Scan was done, just to make sure there were no broken bones in my face. GOOD NEWS: there were none. BAD NEWS: they found a mass the size of an egg on my brain. I had a brain tumor. (not from the accident). Eleven days later on June 28th Dr. Colen was operating in Petoskey. I can't say enough about Dr. Colen. He was very honest about the risks. I was terrified, but knew I really didn't have a choice. His professionalism is stellar. He makes you feel like you truly matter to him. Like you are the only one on his mind. His compassion and warm manner melt away most of the fear. Three days after surgery I came home. Healing is a slow process, but with PT and the encouragement from Dr. Colen I'll be back on my feet. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone that could use his service. Wonderful, Wonderful Dr. Colen

|  patient business representative  |  show details
by tracy mcfarland on Feb 12th, 2013

I had surgery for a Chiari malformation on 10-10-2012. Dr. Colen was absolutlety amazing before, during, and after my surgery. His pleasent disposition and patience was so comforting to both me and my family during that difficult time. I am forever grateful to him for everything. Words cannot express my gratitude.

|  We will never forget Dr. Colen  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2012

When my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor last July, Dr. Colen was a Godsend. He was more than just honest with us, he genuinely cared about the situation we were going through. He was patient and he listened as my husband and I explained the symptoms. He let us know what we should expect and what my husband's quality of life could be. Dr. Colen not only treated my husband, he cared for our entire family. With all of the doctors we dealt with throughout my husband's illness, Dr. Colen was the only one we could always turn to for advice and counsel. He was even the one we called to help us make the decision about Hospice. Dr. Colen was so important to my family that my children included him in my husband's eulogy. We will never forget Dr. Colen.

Nov 28th, 2012

dr. Colen is the reason I am alive and i consider him and his talents a gift from god.

|  Wish all doctors were like Dr Colen  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2012

Dr. Colen did an awesome job on my surgery, He has a Great disposition, very likeable person.

Oct 4th, 2012

Dr. Colen is great, I would recommend him to anyone. In fact I already did. He is the best Dr. ever!!!

Jul 19th, 2012

Dr. Colen is the very best!!!

|  Dr. Colen is exceptional!  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

To be gifted with superior intelligence is one thing. To be equally gifted with kindness is extraordinary. Dr. Colen epitomizes both. I cannot say enough about his obvious passion and commitment to excellent patient care.

May 4th, 2012

Dr. Colen is not only the best Doctor I have ever had his heart is as pure as they come, I would recommend him to every friend and stranger I know

|  Dr. Colen  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

I can't say enough kind words about Dr. Colen. Very caring, and considerate. I have had a cervical fusion, I presented to him with numbness down my entire arm, he was able to relieve my symptoms wtihout surgery. Very professional. Thank you!!

|  Meredith Janas  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2012

I know Dr Colen from ork at Beaumont Grosse Point Hospital. He has a phenomeal reputation at work. He takes so much time with both his patients and their families. A very patient physician. My hubby had some back problems, so I sent him to Dr Colen. My husband liked the fact that Dr Colen didn't rush him into back surgery from the get go. Can't say enough nice things about him!

Jan 6th, 2012

Dr. Colen is a very patient and caring doctor. I have never felt rushed or intimidated while seeing him. He makes sure all my questions and concerns are adressed and that I understand everything. I feel very confortable with him and would definitely recommend him!

|  Very professional and caring  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

Dr. Colen is very much an expertise in his field. He is very caring and personable. You get the feeling he is treating you just as he would want one of his family members treated. Most of all he is very thorough in his care and treatment.

Oct 26th, 2011

Dr. Colen was able to educate me on my condition and help me through the evolution of emotion that comes with surgery. Everything happened just as he explained and the knowledge eased my anxiety. Dr. Colen was very compassionate.

|  Superb Surgeon, Caring  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2011

Most excellent bedside manner.Dr. Colen, is a great surgeon dedicated to his patients.