Dr. Chaim Vanek MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Portland, OR

• Good
  • Bad

March 5th, 2016
Best doctor I have EVER had in 58 years.
I do not understand how anyone can rate Dr. Vanek less than 5 stars. I saw 41 doctors (including the Mayo Clinic) in a 2 year time period. Another doctor referred me to Dr. Vanek and I was so impressed that my daughter sees him now. We have to drive 4 hours to see him and scheduled months in advance, but it is worth it. I have been seeing him for several years now. He is so accessible. He has answered my emails anywhere from immediately to within 24 hours. This includes holidays and weekends. I have never know a doctor to do this. He also treats his patients as equals. He never talks down to me or thinks I should just do what he says. He discusses all tests and makes sure you understand them and the course of treatment. He never rushes you, yet he is always on time. He talks to you as if you have been friends for years. He does not use a nurse. He comes out to the waiting room and greets you and takes all your vitals himself. You always leave knowing he has a thorough knowledge of the issue. He is the only doctor I look forward to seeing each year.

August 18th, 2015
Fantastic Doctor
Although I've only seen Dr. Vanek once, he was simply marvelous (and no, I'm not his mother). Dr. Vanek is very knowledgeable, he listened intently, explained things thoroughly and was very reassuring. He is the ONLY physician who has been able to piece together a myriad of differing symptoms and come up with a valid diagnosis. A very good physician and a nice man.

February 7th, 2015
The only doctor out of the 5 doctors that I saw, that listen and was able to help me!

July 9th, 2014
He's one of the WORST doctors I've ever been to! He's rude, he refused to answer my questions and he has even hung up on me while I was trying to ask him questions on the phone. He has absolutely no clue on what normal thyroid levels are and overdosed me on anti-thyroid meds causing me to be extremely hypothyroid. Steer clear of this Dr!

May 15th, 2013
Caring doctor, thorough review of my medical situation
I saw Dr. Vanek at the request of my orthopedist. Because I came from out of town, Dr. Vanek saw me on very short notice. He was thorough and caring in the time he spent with me. I had a DEXAscan before he saw me and blood tests after to check on my calcium absorption. Dr. Vanek called me 24 hours after the blood tests to discuss the results and change my supplements based on those tests. I have never had a doctor call me after tests, it has always been a nurse. I am very impressed with his kindness, knowledge and follow-up. He will be my main medical contact for my osteopenia over the coming years.

November 2nd, 2009
Dr Chaim Vanek
He listens, cares, is well prepared, discusses options and is professional.

April 10th, 2017