Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

Fantastic Doctor show details Fantastic Doctor
by CD on Aug 18th, 2015

Although I've only seen Dr. Vanek once, he was simply marvelous (and no, I'm not his mother). Dr. Vanek is very knowledgeable, he listened intently, explained things thoroughly and was very reassuring. He is the ONLY physician who has been able to piece together a myriad of differing symptoms and come up with a valid diagnosis. A very good physician and a nice man.

Feb 6th, 2015

The only doctor out of the 5 doctors that I saw, that listen and was able to help me!

Jul 9th, 2014

He's one of the WORST doctors I've ever been to! He's rude, he refused to answer my questions and he has even hung up on me while I was trying to ask him questions on the phone. He has absolutely no clue on what normal thyroid levels are and overdosed me on anti-thyroid meds causing me to be extremely hypothyroid. Steer clear of this Dr!

Caring doctor, thorough review of my medical situation show details Caring doctor, thorough review of my medical situation
by JoAnn on May 14th, 2013

I saw Dr. Vanek at the request of my orthopedist. Because I came from out of town, Dr. Vanek saw me on very short notice. He was thorough and caring in the time he spent with me. I had a DEXAscan before he saw me and blood tests after to check on my calcium absorption. Dr. Vanek called me 24 hours after the blood tests to discuss the results and change my supplements based on those tests. I have never had a doctor call me after tests, it has always been a nurse. I am very impressed with his kindness, knowledge and follow-up. He will be my main medical contact for my osteopenia over the coming years.

Dr Chaim Vanek show details Dr Chaim Vanek
Nov 2nd, 2009

He listens, cares, is well prepared, discusses options and is professional.