Dr. Chaitanya Mudgal MD Patient Reviews

July 9th, 2016
After being diagnosed had successful surgery with Dr Mudgal. He was fantastic

December 23rd, 2014
Dismissive doctor
I saw him for pain and numbness in my arm/hand. He was very dismissive, and after a very quick check up he concluded that there was nothing wrong with me. My pain and numbness continued for several months, and I got fed up and went back to my hometown to see an orthopedic doctor who was a family friend. He quickly suspected that I had herniated cervical disks from just from feeling my neck and observing my posture, and sent me to get an MRI to confirm it. Turns out I did have 3 bulging disks and inverted cervical lordosis. I got treatment from then on. If I hadn't gotten a second opinion, then I wouldn't have been aware of my almost herniated disks! Because of Dr. Mudgal's poor diagnostic, I spent several months in pain, and worsening my condition because I never suspected the source of my hand pain could be my neck. As an Orthopedics specialist, Dr. Mudgal SHOULD be able to assess that! He seems to make very binary decisions, i.e. "does this person need hand surgery [y/n], if not, then the patient is not my problem" He won't look at the whole picture, and will not care about your health concern/issue.

August 22nd, 2012
Distal raidal fracture (L) and wrist fracture (R)
Dr Mudgal was professional, accurate, and a brilliant surgeon. I got appointments immediately after I had come into the emergency room at MGH. He was careful diagnosing my fractures and planning their repair, as well as personally directing perfect splinting to improve flexibility. He answered all of my questions pre- and post-surgery, and explained about my injury and the future risks associated with them. He even answered questions I emailed him about a year later, when I thought the site had been reinjured.Overall, I have very fond memories of working with Dr Mudgal and am feeling well, over 4 years post-surgery. In reference to another comment: I actually liked the fact that he could use my case to teach residents... and I learned a lot by listening to him explain to them.

June 15th, 2012
Opinion of Dr. Mudgal
worse doctor I have ever been too - laughed at the fact I was in alot of pain and when I confronted him and told him I was offended by his laughter, he never even apologized. Mass General has a great reputation and is a wonderful hospital, with the exception of this doctor to their staff. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone!

August 4th, 2011
great surgeon
I smashed up my radial head (one of the three bones in my elbow) and Dr. Mudgal was able to see me on short notice. In between surgeries, he came out and examined me and his staff took x-rays and an MRI. Even though it was the end of the day before a holiday week-end, he took the time to figure out exactly what was wrong with my elbow, and booked me for surgery in a week. Bottom line is, it's two months after surgery and my elbow is doing great, especially for the serious injury I had. He did a brilliant job on my elbow. His bedside manner is just okay, if you're judging from the perspective of a small-town family doctor, but if you're judging from the perspective of a great surgeon, it's very good. Surgeons as good as he is are usually arrogant and dismissive. He also has made follow-up appointments to see how my elbow is doing and check on my progress.

April 20th, 2011
He was a great doctor when tending to me....those who dont think so like the one above are not sure what they are talking about or are too sensitive

December 29th, 2010
dr. mudgal is an arrogant doctor.i had intense pain in my finger, and was examined by dr. mudgal who was at times dismissive with me, and had residents in the examination room. he heard what i said about my finger, but he was not LISTENING, and at one point told me that i wouldn't have to bend my finger, "like that anyway"!! i would not recommend this doctor to anyone. because he works at Mass General Hospital does not mean he has a caring manner...he seems to think he's God because he works at MGH.

October 17th, 2008