Dr. Chalakudy Ramakrishna MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Madison Heights, MI

March 25th, 2017
Only sees you as a cash cow
Once you walk through his door, he will put you on meds, even if you dont need. He will threaten if you think you are doing well and don't need meds anymore. Think twice before you see him coz there is no coming back to your normal life. He only wants your money.

June 22nd, 2016
Not a psychiatrist I'll ever see again
I have felt the need to see a psychiatrist about some mental issues that have been worsening. I came to see him (no recommendation, just on my insurance). After waiting 2 hours, he shuffled me in, did not listen to a word I said, kept looking at his watch. He interrupted me constantly when I was trying to say something that is important to me and my condition and his interruption in the middle of a very emotional issue would be about something he had already asked or about information that is in the questionnaire I filled out (he never looked at it). When he was trying to get me to leave, I told him I didn't think he understood the severity of my problem. He said I was too anxious and agitated to talk. Wait, isn't that why I am seeing him? He gave me a prescription (not for anxiety/panic attacks) and almost pushed me out of his office. I will not be going back. He should have chosen a profession that does not require empathy or listening to the patient.

March 10th, 2016
Warren office
I rated promptness poor because the staff (front desk, Manager) "drags their feet" when doing anything requesting forms or paperwork. Courteous Staff (front desk, Manager) is also poor because they are rude and disrespectful. Who wants to go to a Dr.'s office and get hit with an attitude problem from one of the "girls" working their? Not me. I have my own behavioral issues I'm working on, I don't need their attitude to boot! Furthermore if they cant understand the needs or be respectful towards patients with Behavioral problems then they don't need to be working here. Dr. Ramakrishna is Awesome. He is super nice, caring, funny, down to earth... just an all around Amazing Dr.

June 18th, 2015
Dr. Chalakudy Ramakrishna
Exceptional Psychiatrist!

March 18th, 2015
Good Doctor
Dr Rama is not Mr. Warm and Fuzzy, but he got the job done for me.

December 17th, 2014
He's a nice guy, smart, and I'm sure he'd be a good doctor IF he had more than 3 minutes to spend with a patient. The staff is rude and incompetent.

September 19th, 2014
Disappointed patient
This guy has no interest in me at all, asks a few questions while paying no attention to my answers. Doesn't have any bedside manner whatsoever. I would not recommend him to anyone!

June 4th, 2014
Horrible doctor
His lack of eye contact speaks volumes about his deceit. All he needs is a cash cow, no wonder one patient's review says he is still a patient after 13 years. If you go to him without any support system like family, friends, you are the ideal candidate for him to prey on you.He will give you most powerful meds(offering most kickbacks) and you wont live or die but will keep paying his bills. You will answer to your higher god, Dr.Chalakudy!

February 1st, 2013
Longtime Patient
Dr. Rama has been a doctor of mine for about 13 years now. He feels what I feel, he asks and waits and listens to my answer. I rely and count on Dr. Rama especially when i feel I need him. I have contacted him off hours in a PANIC and he called me calmly within MINUTES. The Warren office is nicer than when I saw him out of the St. John Oakland Hospital so that was a great move!

April 9th, 2012
Dr. Rama is the best Phsychiatrist I have ever seen. He takes the time to work with me and always has the best of advice.

November 29th, 2011
Very good dr. My husband sees him and he keeps our issues seperate and private. He was my last result because I was going crazzzzy. He calmed me down and eased my nerves and gave me advice I needed to help me start getting me back in order

August 11th, 2011
Dr. Rama is an invested physician who cares deeply for his work and his patients. He relates to you as opposed to making you feel like a patient and him as a superior.