Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

The Museum District
1200 Binz St
Ste 380
Houston, TX 77004
713-571-2273
Locations and availability (2)

by Do not recommend on Dec 7th, 2013

As all the other reviews also said, she is incredibly late, tries to market her "vitamins" towards you. Also sells nail polish and beauty products within the office? Incredible unprofessional! It's a doctor's office - not walmart, Not only will she arrive late to your appointment but does not review your chart until she's actually with you , going over details she should already know the answer to. Will then try and get you to spend more money on her ridiculous "products" She's awful and half of these reviews must be fake. Find someone else!!

|  Knowledgable, Thorough, Sincere and Compassionate!  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2013

I like Dr. Higgie. She is very thorough. I learned things about my health I had not learned from anywhere else. I really appreciated that. She does have some products she sells but you are not forced to buy them, just like anything else. So, if you don't want it; you have a choice of saying, no so I don't see that as a negative. That is with anything in life. I did not have to wait very long for my appointment, about 20 minutes tops. Anyway, the key with a doctor is thoroughness for me. Too many mistakes are made by doctors who are not thorough in how they give care. Dr. Higgie is to the point. She does not shuck and jive when it comes to your health. If you are not ready for a honest doctor and you just want you hand held, go somewhere else. At the same time, she shows genuine concern for your LIFE, in general not just the issue you may have come in for. She is very caring and sincerely just want you to take your health seriously. You really want a doctor like that. When choosing a OBGYN, think about what is really important to YOU and try your best not to let petty, small things reign over your decision. Is she thorough? knowledgeable? honest? sincere? and compassionate about your health and her work? YES!

|  Excellent physician!  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2012

Dr. Higginbotham is an excellent physician, so much so that when I lost my insurance due to a layoff, I still scraped together the money to see her when I needed too. I refuse to let anyone else treat me. She provided my prenatal care for my first child and I consistently get well-woman checkups at her office. She is extremely knowledgeable, down-to-earth, nice, understanding and most of all professional. I highly recommend her.

Jul 3rd, 2012

Dr Higginbotham is a wonderful doctor she gave birth to all three of my kids. She is very caring and concern doctor who made me feel comfortable at every appointment and delivery. I would definitely recommend this doctor despite the wait.

|  Lay off the selling !!!!!!!  |  show details
May 23rd, 2012

i thinks she is good . she delivered both of my lovely boys. And because of her i quit smoking. The last time i was there she sold me a bunch of products because she lead me to believe that (my life depended on it ) so i bought them. They were really expensive and i really couldn't afford them but i was so afraid that i needed to buy them. I go to another doctor now and the doctor i go to (wont say any names ) said that she know her and that she trys to sell her products to.

|  Be a doctor  |  show details
by 22 year old mother to be on Feb 24th, 2012

She needs to work on her bed side manner and stop trying to make you spend so much mone.

|  Kelly Chapnick  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2011

I loved being her patient, she was always straight forward about what's going on and really shows how much she cares.

|  Unconsiderate to One's Time  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

Dr Chandra has no consideration for one's time. When you make an appoint, you don't expect to wait greater than one hour. I can excuse this happening one time, but when you set the earliest appoint and she doesn't bother to show up until an hour later on a follow up appoint, there is no excuse.

Jul 29th, 2011

i love her professionalism and courtesy

|  Drive Miles Just to See Her  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

She is an awesome Doctor. Her staff and Her where there for me after the death of my daughter. Her bedside manors do not compare to any I have ever seen. She goes above and beyond what I would expect a Doctor to do. She diagnosed problems in my sister that other Doctors could not find.She is very down to earth and really cares about her patience overall well being.

|  Long wait, charge to get test results, try to sell you vitamins  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

Dr. Higginbotham is a nice lady, but the last time I was there I wasn't seen until 1 hour and 40 minutes AFTER my appointment time. They are also really pushy in trying to sell you their vitamins, and charge $25 to get your test results. I'll never be going back.

by Patrice on Sep 20th, 2010

Keep up the Excellant work!!

|  I trust Dr. Higginbotham with my life  |  show details
by Marisa B. on Aug 14th, 2010

Dr. Higginbotham delivered two of my daughters and I thank her for that. She was concerned for me and the care of my babies as a mother would be. She was strict when she needed to be. She is the most caring and loving doctor that could ever be. I was scared about my surgery, but Dr. Higgie talked to me and joked with me all while performing surgery. I felt so at ease. I didn't feel like I was having surgery.She always smiles and talks to you as a person and not a patient. I tell everybody I bet your Dr.'s not like mine.

|  Dr. Higgie Truly Cares and is quite knowledgeable on OB-GYN Treatments  |  show details
by Markla Vancia Philips on Jun 8th, 2010

I am an educator that two years ago, was a recent Austin transplant. I heard about Dr. Higgie from a fellow teacher that was pregnant with an premature baby.Dr. Higgie called, contacted cajoled and loved this teacher and helped her before, during and after the child's birth. Without the assistance of Dr. Higgie; my friend and her baby would be dead. When I visited Dr. Higgie; I too, experienced her love, intelligence and geniune concern for her patients.

|  Best Doctor highly recommend  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2010

Dr. Higginbotham is by far one of the best doctors I have ever had. She delivered all three of my babes. I feel really comfortable with her and trust her with my body. She is straight forward, loving, caring and a good advisor.

|  Best Dr in the Houston Area  |  show details
by Minnie Brown on Apr 13th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr Higginbotham's gong on 13 yrs now. There have been some intervals in visits but that was insurance issues. I just recently moved to Beaumont and all the ob/gyns here can't get me in until late august and all i had to do was call dr h and was given an appt with in the time frame i needed it. always wind up back at her office she is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Nieto on Dec 26th, 2008

She was delievered my baby via c-section. I had many complications and feel that I was very luck to have Dr. Chandra there as my doctor.

Dec 9th, 2008

She is a very good and thorough doctor. If she has deliveries or procedures, office wait times can be a bit long. She always takes her time and answers any questions that I have.