Dr. Chandrakant Mehta MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 4th, 2015
A wasted year and now I might end up permanently disabled
I was referred to Dr. Mehta for my juvenile idiopathic arthritis- it's an immune disorder and I'm now over 18 so naturally I can't continue seeing my pediatric Rheumatologist - Dr. Mehta seemed confused by that fact and kept insisting on re-testing me for my disorder. I should mention uncategorized JIA tests cost about 1,800 dollars out of pocket. I took a few of the test but refused to re-take the more expensive ones, showing him the reports from the original ones. Dr. Mehta provided no treatment at all even after lack of treatment put me back on crutches. He kept insisting I didn't have RA- I knew this, it was also in my file- RA is one of SIX subcategories in JIA. He ignored my test results and went off on tangents trying to get me to do more tests with him for more money. He's a money pit and refused to even allow me the most basic of treatment despite the fact lack of treatment lead to avascular necrosis in my foot. My bones are dying in my foot and even after this fact came to light he refused to actually treat me. I can't give him a lower rating but please see a different doctor if you value your health,quality of life, and mobility.

October 7th, 2014
horrible office staff
The staff is rude and doesn't do what they say they will do. I have had multiple problems getting medication refills leaving me to suffer withdrawals and extreme pain. This last weekend I had to go to the ER for pain because I never got a response as promised by the staff the week before. I am trying to get more medication as I type this but I will probably have to call again. I was told I need to see pain management now which is fine but I need more medication until I can get in with another dr. This experience is so frustrating and my pain has only increased from dealing with these rude, uncaring people. I will not be returning to this dr and will not recommend his office to others.

February 22nd, 2014
knowledgeable doctor
I would definitely recommend Dr. Mehta to anyone that needs a competent, caring arthritis doctor. Thank you Dr. Mehta and staff (Lillian especially)

September 18th, 2013
Very Satisfied patient
I have been seeing Dr. Mehta for over a year and I am completely satified with the level of care that I receive from him and the service from his staff. Dr. Mehta has been very attentive to my medicall issues and working with me to alleviate the pains and issues that have plagued me for a long time. Thank you very much to all of his staff.

September 12th, 2013
Review for Dr. C Mehta
I have been a patient of Southland Arthritis fo 12 years, with Dr. C Mehta as my Physician. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Mehta, I have found him to exhibit compassion,caring,and understanding my needs in the treatment of RA. Dr. Mehta has helped me with many issues re my illness,when I felt there was no hope for relief. Dr. Mehta has always taken the time to listen to my concerns, If I needed to see him due to an emergency, he would always make time for me. In short, I am very pleased with the care I have received from this DR.I am currently seeing Dr. Mehta's son, Dr. Amal, with whom I am also very pleased at the professional level I am receiving!

September 12th, 2013
Good Rheumatologist
I have seen several rheumatologists over 8 years of treatment, and Dr. Mehta has been the best in taking a holistic view, being thoughtful about his approach to which medicine to prescribe, helpful in clarifying symptoms, generally considerate, and seeing the patient as a person. His entire staff is friendly and professional.

August 27th, 2012
I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Mehta. I didn't have to wait long, and the doctor was very knowledgeable about my condition.

September 23rd, 2011
Rude office staff, doctor very forgetful
This dr was recommended to me and I was not impressed at all. He is very very forgetful, he gave me pills and then forgot that he gave them to me and was trying to give me a different pill 4 weeks later. Couldnt figure out what was wrong with me, even after running a bunch of tests on me, and after seeing him for 5 months,and instead of saying he cant help me and sending me to another dr, he kept having me come back every 3 or 4 weeks and taking my money. This dr never wrote anything down ever, very old school way of doing things, doesnt have a computer like most modern doctors have now, he would come in with my file, but wouldnt write notes, even my primary care dr said that the report he sends her is very hard to read and understand and is just one or two words or one sentence. He never would listen to me either when I would try to tell him things, I even wrote down all my symptoms and tried to read it to him and he talked over me. I have now stopped seeing him and have found another dr. The only good thing was that he did give me samples of pills to see if they would work instead of making me pay for expensive pills that I only took for a few weeks and the fact that you can always get an appointment quickly the wait time was fairly quick, but the dr was just too old in his thinking and the office staff was very very rude and short with you. Think twice when you go here.

February 17th, 2010
BEST RHEUMATOLOGIST
I HAD R.A. WHICH WAS MISSED BY MY MULTIPLE PCPS, DR MEHTA DIAGNOSED ITWITHIN MINTUES AND PUT ON RIGHT TREATMENT IAM PAIN FREE