Dr. Charity Finucane Bowcher MD Patient Reviews

1.7

• Good
  • Bad

January 21st, 2014
She is no longer at the practice, but has moved to Texas.

December 20th, 2013
Not imoressed.
She told me I was overfeeding my newborn when I expressed to her my concerns about his spitting up and colic like symptoms. I feed my son on demand, as I explained, like when he would aggressively eat his hands. She said that's what babies do, they suck and I should give him a pacifier. As far as I know a newborn doesn't suck and snort and fuss unless he's hungry. Also my son kids in the 50th percentile for weight and height. Explain to me if my son is being over fed then why isn't he over weight instead of the average.

February 10th, 2011
Do not take your child to this doctor!
Dr. Bowcher is at Ormond Pediatrics. She happed to see my 2 weeks old baby for the first time when he had jaundice. She told me not to comfort my baby when he cries because babies tend to cry! She said that that's how babies manipulate the parents! What if he is in extreme pain?!! Unbelievable! I took him again for a check up at 6 weeks when he had problems with sleep. He was alert and awake for 15 hours a day and barely slept during the remaining 9. He wasn't crying, simply was laying in his crib with his eyes open. She told me that he has colic and if gripe water does not work, I need to switch him to soy formula instead of breastfeeding as he may be allergic to milk. I explained her that I cut all dairy products from my diet long time ago. She wasn't listening and kept repeating that babies may be allergic to cow milk. Then I asked why exactly is she recommending me to stop breastfeeding when it's the best form of nutrition for a baby and start using formula? Her answer was: "You can later call our office and speak to the nurse who has more time to explain you the details". I was shocked to get an answer like that from the doctor that took only 2 minutes to see me and was already rushing out out the door! I said, "Well, may be I should change the doctor then". and she said: "That's ok". And she shut them door behind her. And literally, it was a 2 minutes visit, she did not even take a time to look at him and try to figure out what causes his restlessness. Not to mention that she has problems expalining herself as she is not a native language speaker. My husband during the first time we saw her could not understand a word of what she was saying.