Dr. Charlene Card MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

March 19th, 2016
Waste of my valuable time
I can honestly say that I have NEVER been treated so poorly by a doctor in my life! When I questioned why she did not prescribe an antibiotic, Dr. Card told me, direct quote, "I feel that you are manipulating me to get something you do not need." My jaw dropped when she said that! How rude can you be? At the time I was suffering from a respiratory infection which responded readily to Amoxicillin when prescribed by my own practitioner. Not only that, at the time of the appointment, I had a bulging lumbar disc which was becoming extremely inflamed from the violent coughing spells. When I asked if she could prescribe a cough syrup, she in turn told me to take Delsym, when I had ALREADY been talking Dextromethorphan for the last 2 weeks with no results. In summary, the appointment was a colossal WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!

January 18th, 2016
Completely outdated medical knowledge. Misdiagnosed me on multiple occasions (confirmed by three different doctors later).

October 30th, 2015
Charlene Card was the 'family' doctor I saw. Will Never see her again. She was beyond rude and had attitude? She said she was too busy to go over all my grandpas medications because she was covering for another doctor. Oh, ok let me make another appt. that is at least going to be a month out for a medication he needs now for when he sleep walk and don't want him falling down the stairs. She said word for word, 'Well, there is just nothing I can do for you then". Yeah, thats what doctors should tell their patients.

October 27th, 2015
Dr Card has been wonderful to our family and our family's care. I couldn't ask for anyone better.

August 26th, 2015
Arrogant and Condescending
A good doctor would encourage patients to educate themselves about their conditions and take responsibility for their own health. Ideally, doctors should be informative, easy to ask questions, and be willing to discuss the reasoning behind the diagnosis and treatment options. Unfortunately Charlene Card is not one of those doctors. The doctor-patient relationship is one-sided at best. Don't you dare dream to ask why she ruled out a certain condition (with which you have a personal and family history of) and prescribe a new medication. Be prepared to deal with her wrath when you have questions. She is the doctor, you are the patient. You have no right to take control of your own health; just do what she tells you to do, even if she wouldn't explain why and how she got to that conclusion! What do you know, you are not the one with an M and a D behind your name! What do you know, you are not the one who can feel all the ineffectiveness of the new medicine! And don't you DARE to ask another doctor for a second opinion. HOW DARE A PATIENT QUESTIONS A DOCTOR!! She will tell you to leave her office. Seriously. She doesn't like being questioned. She likes to rule the appointment with 100% unquestioned faith. So if you are one of those patients who just want to be told what to do and follow blindly, then she should be fine for you. But remember, 50% of the doctors are below average. Choose wisely.

November 17th, 2013
are you kidding me?
Dr announced to my spouse and I, OVER THE PHONE, just casually dropped the information that we were infertile. Apologized, and went on with her day. Good grief!

February 28th, 2017